: Boost cooler...

wildwhl
06-07-05, 03:53 AM
anybody know anything about this product?

http://www.snowperformance.net/proddetail.asp?prod=auto022

jdodman
06-07-05, 06:50 AM
I have a methonal injection system on my 1987 Buick Grand National. It is a progressive spray and uses 100% methonal, no water. Best performance investment I have made on that car. Car is a confirmed alky now..

I have been told these set up's (alky) work much better on a turbo charged car, and that you would be better off with Nitrous, on a NA (normally aspirated) car...I for one, would not put Methonal on the V.
Nitous maybe, but not meth...

StealthV
06-07-05, 08:12 AM
Code Red Mountain Dew fueled random morning thoughts for a cooler boost charge with Jack Handy -

- Reduce the intercooler's coolant:water ratio during the summer
- Larger intercooler (physically possible?)
- Water mist over face of intercooler (water on tires and belts = bad)
- 160 thermostat from an '04 GTO with more aggressive cooling fan strategy
- NOS (for cooling purposes only ;) )
- Electric pusher fan(s) on the intercooler
- Remove Maggie

wildwhl
06-07-05, 11:25 AM
Code Red Mountain Dew fueled random morning thoughts for a cooler boost charge with Jack Handy -

- Reduce the intercooler's coolant:water ratio during the summer
- Larger intercooler (physically possible?)
- Water mist over face of intercooler (water on tires and belts = bad)
- 160 thermostat from an '04 GTO with more aggressive cooling fan strategy
- NOS (for cooling purposes only ;) )
- Electric pusher fan(s) on the intercooler
- Remove Maggie

Remove Maggie? From my cold dead hands :want:

NOS is a likely route, but I did see pics of this setup on another magnacharged V...that's why I'm asking :yup:

http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/index.php/Matt_M_CTSV

cts-v ls6
06-07-05, 02:35 PM
I'm using a modified Snow system on my V. It works great. It lowers intake temps 25-30 deg F. The water methanol cools, prevents carbon deposits, and increases the octane of the fuel. The system allows me to run 87 octane unleaded fuel with no knock! Lowering the air temp increases the density of the air and increases the flywheel hp about 1% for every 10 deg F reduction. On a 400 hp engine, that's about 12 hp at the crank when you have a 30 deg F reduction in temperature. I use windshield washer fluid, which is 64% water, 35% methanol alcohol, and 1 % dye. Realize this is a very fine mist sprayed into the air intake with a high pressure pump. The mist flashes in the hot air stream, and the flashing effect is what cools the air.

wildwhl
06-07-05, 02:55 PM
Since the maggie sees IAT's in the 140's (at the manifold, a new IAT sensor is placed there during install), I'm thinking this might be a good way to drop temps...am I on the right track? I know nothing about this sort of thing, and was initially thinking a 50 shot of NOS.

FastMatt
06-08-05, 02:04 AM
Allowed me to add 7.5 deg of timing (as much as the timing tuner can add) and still no knock on the scanmaster. Adding 7.5 deg of timing to the Magnison timing map adds ALOT of power and throttle response to say the least.

wildwhl
06-08-05, 02:25 AM
FastMatt -

Is that your car I posted the link to?

FastMatt
06-08-05, 04:04 AM
FastMatt -

Is that your car I posted the link to?

Yes it is:)

wildwhl
06-08-05, 10:59 AM
Alright, FastMatt, please tell me more about this setup. I'm intrigued. Where is the nozzle plumbed to? Did you have to do much tuning after setting it up? What are you filling the tank with for injecting?

Thanks...I'm ready to pull the trigger...but need som info!

FastMatt
06-09-05, 01:19 AM
Alright, FastMatt, please tell me more about this setup. I'm intrigued. Where is the nozzle plumbed to? Did you have to do much tuning after setting it up? What are you filling the tank with for injecting?

Thanks...I'm ready to pull the trigger...but need som info!

If you look in this pic

http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/index.php/Image:DRTK_MattM_Lac10.JPG

on the left side zip-tied to the Magie IC water hose you can see the water line going up to the intake pipe cover in that black flex stuff (the water/meth hose is red and I did not like the way it looked under the hood). if you see were it gets bigger right at the air intake pipe before the throttle body that is the nozzle.

I use -40 below washer fluid that is 40% meth and 60% water works grate. I'm using the 325ml nozzle and 100psi of pump pressure.

I'm using my washer tank as the tank it holds 1.5 galon, and the lo fluid level indicator works that that helps to you donít run out and not know it.

Dreamin
06-09-05, 03:35 AM
This will mess-up the coating on the rotors of the blower... check w/Blownchevy first!!

V-seriesTech
06-09-05, 09:05 AM
This will mess-up the coating on the rotors of the blower... check w/Blownchevy first!!

Yeah, ok, I still haven't recieved a response from him.....:devil:

wildwhl
06-09-05, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Dreamin.

lawfive
06-09-05, 12:48 PM

Yup, I can tell you that somebody in Ventura associated with Magnuson is doing dry NOS shots instead of wet for just that reason. Getting more fuel in the NOS window by adjusting the fuel tables instead of running it through the blower.

Be nice to Maggie.

wildwhl
06-09-05, 12:55 PM
Alright lawfive...tell me what you mean by dry shots "not running through the blower"...or is it just a dryshot in the intake tube?

By the way, from a very reliable source:

"Bill,

Meth/Alky injection is not recommended for use with the supercharger.

That being said, there are allot of corvette guys having very good results
with the meth/alky injection. I my-self have considered it, but I have not
pulled the trigger. I worry about the coating on the rotors."

lawfive
06-09-05, 01:26 PM
WildBill,

I meant that while the nitrous runs through the blower, the fuel does not.

WildJerry

wildwhl
06-09-05, 01:34 PM
Got it.... :histeric: :burn: :histeric:

Now just need to install it :D