: Volkswagen Becomes 1st Carmaker To Export 1 Mil. Vehicles To Japan

HotRodSaint
06-06-05, 11:08 PM
Volkswagen AG on Thursday became the first foreign automaker whose exports to Japan have topped the 1 million vehicle threshold, the Japanese arm of the German automaker said.

Japan began importing Volkswagens in 1953, with the first imported model being a Beetle.

Of the 1 million vehicles, the Golf passenger car has accounted for 550,000, according to Volkswagen Group Japan K.K.

The automaker held a ceremony the same day to mark the delivery of the one millionth Volkswagen -- a Touareg sport utility vehicle -- to a Japanese port.

At the ceremony, the vehicle was unloaded onto a dock from a freighter at the wharf dedicated to handling Volkswagen cargoes in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture.
Copyright (c) 2005, Kyodo News International, Tokyo

BeelzeBob
06-06-05, 11:10 PM
Is there any more to this article?

HotRodSaint
06-06-05, 11:14 PM
Is there any more to this article?

Nope.

BeelzeBob
06-06-05, 11:30 PM
Are we infringing on any copyrights by taking the whole article and copying it here?

Spyder
06-07-05, 12:20 AM
Shouldn't be, as long as its cited and credit is given...

HotRodSaint
06-07-05, 12:29 AM
Are we infringing on any copyrights by taking the whole article and copying it here?

That's why I posted the copyright and the source. Although I didn't get it from the Kyoda News Agencies site directly.

I just searched their site, and can't find it though.

Jesda
06-07-05, 02:11 AM
The nation known for reliable cars sure buys a lot of garbage.

HotRodSaint
06-07-05, 09:58 AM
The nation known for reliable cars sure buys a lot of garbage.

1 million car's isn't that great an acheivement, especially considering they started in 1953.

The acheivement is that they started in 1953 and perservered. I think GM has already given up, after arriving in the '80's.