: i need parts for my 78 deville!!!

patgizz
06-06-05, 10:05 PM
if anyone has any idea where i can find the following in excellent condition with no dents/cracks it would be much appreciated for my 78 sedan deville:

passenger side peices:
-wheel opening/fender lip moldings, front and rear
-rocker panel molding
-quarter panel body side molding
-front door body side molding

drivers side bumper filler for behind the side of the front bumper, between the fender and side corner/marker light assembly

interior c pillar light lenses

rear bumper filler panels that go under the trunklid and are silver colored

repair cap or unbroken light blue driver door armrest

I NEED THESE PEICES or help finding them! i can't find them locally!

Caddy112
06-08-05, 07:57 AM
Keep checking ebay

davesdeville
06-08-05, 05:18 PM
I might have some of those parts on my 78 Fleetwood that I'm kinda parting out :( but I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for... If you could get pics or better descriptions I could check for you. Although shipping big stuff like that would be a pain in the ass. Are the C pillar interior lights differant between the Deville and the Fleetwood? The only pieces I'm sure I don't have are the armrest and bumper fillers.

patgizz
06-08-05, 09:47 PM
dave some pics of the car would be great. i know the c pillar lamps are different than a 79 fleetwood i got some peices off of but not sure of 78.

i'd gladly pay for you to buy a good strong tube for the rocker molding and other long straight peices to fit in and a good strong box for the other peices. and i'm not afraid to pay for shipping either.

davesdeville
06-10-05, 03:30 AM
I'll get a couple pics tomorrow. But what are these exactly:

-quarter panel body side molding - ???
-front door body side molding - is this the silver metal strip on the edge of the door?

patgizz
06-10-05, 04:16 PM
these are the 3/4" or so tall strips that run front to back about halfway up the car starting at the back of the front wheel all the way back to the end of the quarter panels. there is one on each front fender, one on each door, and one on each quarter panel.

davesdeville
06-12-05, 06:31 AM
I see. Sorry I haven't gotten around to taking pics, I know I have to get rid of it and it's not worth restoring, but its still hard to think about stripping it and junking it. Even though it was a pain in the ass it was still a nice ride and my first real car. :(

patgizz
06-12-05, 09:15 AM
just think of it's legacy living on making my car complete again :)

my car was almost perfect when i bought it but a few unfortunate incidents - tire blowout wiped out the fender and associated molding, and an errant throw by my dad, it's not so perfect anymore. i've been looking for these peices for a year now, and i figured while i was replacing them i'd try to get a straight replacement for every dinged peice.

davesdeville
06-14-05, 05:02 AM
Sorry Pat, I can't do it. I'm going to let it sit there until I can afford to restore it.

patgizz
06-15-05, 09:51 AM
does anyone else have any insight on where i might find parts?

davesdeville
06-16-05, 03:07 AM
I was at the junkyard and saw a wrecked 77 and looked for you but it had been wrecked on the passengers side and most of the interior was torn up/out. So I guess this post will at least serve to bump the thread.

patgizz
06-16-05, 11:55 AM
i'm going to hope i can find at least some of what i need at the gm nationals in carlisle next weekend. i have yet to find a 77-79 in any yards here, i think most all of them got crushed last summer when scrap steel was at an all time high.