: Corsa Tip Lettering Question

99GTX
06-06-05, 07:47 PM
I installed my Corsa yesterday and this is how the lettering looked on the driver's side tip when I pulled the muffler assembly out of the packaging. Is the reddish-brown "stuff" supposed to be on the lettering, or is it really only supposed to be the faint silverish lettering underneath?

I sent this pic to TByrne today to get a warranty claim started, but I wanted to check with other Corsa owners to see if the dark coloring is actually supposed to come off. If so, how do I remove the rest of it?

-- Ross

V-seriesTech
06-06-05, 07:49 PM
Not Normal. Maybe it will come off with some brake clean, and a non-abrasive rag/towel.

99GTX
06-06-05, 07:52 PM
OK. The passenger's side tip has the same reddish-brown coating, but none has come off so far; the coloring is not even, though. I'll wait to see what TByrne says after they contact Corsa. I can definitely live with just removing the coating as long as I can do it safely and not damage the finish.

StealthV
06-06-05, 07:53 PM
The "Corsa" lettering on my tips are light brown in color. Similar to the left half of your "C" but it is consistent all the way through; not mottled like yours.

99GTX
06-06-05, 07:55 PM
I saw a pic of another Corsa on a V and both tips had just the silverish lettering. Given how easy the reddish coating came off, I'm guessing it's really not supposed to be on there.

lasstss
06-06-05, 07:57 PM
Its acid etched. Turning brown is what it does if its not a deep etch. I used simichrome and some other metal polish and took the name off. Its stainless so no problem rubbing it out.

99GTX
06-06-05, 08:01 PM
Excellent... I knew there was a reason and I definitely wasn't excited about having to wrestle that muffler assembly off of the pipe. I doubt Corsa will want to exchange them, but we'll see.

Thanks, guys!

-- Ross

StealthV
06-06-05, 09:01 PM
Here's my Corsa lettering. A little fuzzy but shows the color.

B&B or Corsa? Own both. :)

JOEYCTS-V
06-06-05, 09:13 PM
:hmm: StealthV, I thought you had the B&B exhaust???

StealthV
06-06-05, 09:17 PM
Own both. :) :yup:

JOEYCTS-V
06-06-05, 09:21 PM
If you want to get rid of the Corsa let me know. :thumbsup:

Florian
06-06-05, 10:50 PM
One Grand Chrome cleaner will get that off in about 2 seconds.

F

Parker
06-07-05, 09:49 AM
Thats what I would do anyway. You know its Corsa, just polish it off.

Harley Guy
06-07-05, 10:52 AM
I toured the Corsa facility with some of the other forum members this weekend and based on the way that they treated us all then I would just give Jim Browning at Corsa a call to talk this through. I am sure that they will do whatever it takes to make this right.

99GTX
06-07-05, 04:12 PM
I e-mailed Jim Browning and sent him a picture of the tip. Here's what he had to say:

Thanks for the picture...the tip should not look like that.

The CORSA should almost look like a shadow on the tip. Do you have any
stainless/metal polish? DO NOT USE CHROME POLISH!!!

If you have something...I bet the reddish color would come right off.

Let me know if you are able to try that...

Thanks,
Jim Browning Jr.
CORSA Performance

Looks like I'll be trying some regular metal polish.

-- Ross

ronr
06-07-05, 04:49 PM
Mine is the brownish color also. I'll give metal polish a try also.

PneuBird
06-07-05, 05:17 PM
i just used Blue Magic ( Metal Polish Cream) on my tips yesterday. They look great and that redish residue in NOT normal. :helpless: