: I Wrecked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam
06-06-05, 05:27 PM
AHHHHHHHHH this freakin sucks! i was on my way to my doctor's opointment and i was coming around a curve when i seen brake lights. so naturally i started breaking, there was a woman turning left infront of her. well next thing i know i am into the backside of this lexus. i see my hood crunch. i was going fast enough for the airbags to deploy. it broke her left tail light, thats it (besides some scratches, do dent or anything). my car is now in need of a new hood, grill, right headlight, and radiator. to damage to the side body panels or nothing, just front end damage. i had it towed to a body shop and they will begin working on it as soon as i can pay my deductible. the officer wrote me a ticket for "Failure to maintian proper control." the officers were real cool about it and kept asking if i was fine. the woman i hit was complaining of back pain blah blah blah, you know the bs story. they took her to the hospital. the EMTs didnt really believe her, so i know i am going to get sued. what a bad day. did however make my doctor's appointment. the car is going to get fixed and should be back on the road soon (hopefully). i emerged ok, not problems or nothing. just have to pay my deductible and they are going to fix her.

radbag
06-06-05, 05:46 PM
maaaaan....sorry to hear...which vehicle? 93 or 89?

ShadowLvr400
06-06-05, 06:20 PM
Bummer. Let us know if you need help parts scavenging.

D148L0
06-06-05, 06:22 PM
Sorry about that, man.
Well, you are OK.

Ralph
06-06-05, 06:37 PM
Wait a minute!! April Fools is over! Are you serious?? That SUCKS man sorry.

Do you have insurance in case you get sued?? I don't think she CAN sue if the paramedics made a report saying that she was ok and if they made a report it could be a useful record just in case for your defence.

Rolex
06-06-05, 08:34 PM
Ouch that really blows. Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you're ok!

kokoj
06-06-05, 08:47 PM
the most important thing is no one got hurt, the rest is up to the insurance company. As for the EMTs, they will most probably be non-commital, but even if they weren't. She can find a doctor who is looking forward to the income from her thrice weekly PT visits. Good luck. Usually in a rear end collision the following car is wrong but if you would like, I'll review your accident report and let you know if there is anything you should change. I used to read accident reports for a living.

powerglide
06-06-05, 09:58 PM
sorry to hear that......what kinda lexus did that much damage to your caddy?

HotRodSaint
06-06-05, 11:06 PM
Not another Fleetwood!! :banghead:

Adam
06-06-05, 11:29 PM
yes i have full coverage insurance. they took the woman to the hospital in an ambulance so i am sure her insurance is going to so mine (or however it works) to pay for her medical bills. i dont remember, something like an es300 maybe? it broke her tailight and scratched her bumper up. i was in the Fleetwood (93). she still ran to (the Caddy). she got towed to a body shop and they are going to give an estimate. some guy is going to call me tomorrow and i started the claim process today. i will pick up the report thursday morning and pay my ticket (only 49.75). the cop new it was a low rate of speed accident, my air bags didnt even deploy! but it did a number on the front end. hopefully they can get the parts for it. if not the insurance company will claim totaled and that will be the end of her :(. i miss her already :crying:. it irritates me about what happened. blind corners can get you! i am just glad i was stopped at a red light cause it could have been a lot worse. thanks for all the help and support guys.

kokoj- are you a lawyer or something?

the cops seemed to be on my side on this one and no one really believed her (cause it happens all the time). but they have to follow protocol and all that so whatever. i needed a new radiator anyway. also it will have to be re painted (good thing i planned on that). there was something kind of disturbing i saw on the back pillar, 2 cracks, i hope it was just the paint and not something to bad.

Ralph
06-06-05, 11:33 PM
So can you buy it back when it's fixed or ? Wonder how much you will get...

Ash is looking superhottt! :thumbsup:

Adam
06-06-05, 11:38 PM
if it is totaled i am not going to buy it back. i am just going to go out and find me another Fleetwood (probably a 94-96) and use it as a weekend cruiser. i found a 99 Eldo for 8995 so ill get it as my everyday driver. if they do decide to fix it though i will have to pay my deductible and that is it. theyll have her back on the road in no time. it will just need to be repainted.

is that Ash? didnt recognize her.

Ralph
06-06-05, 11:39 PM
is that Ash? didnt recognize her.

:histeric:

Adam
06-07-05, 12:26 AM
sorry it has me all tore up. this sucks, i miss my Fleetwood. knowing shes not safe and sound in my driveway is killing me.

Rob_M
06-07-05, 12:30 AM
That sucks. I remember when I wrapped my 93 Deville. MINT CONDITION and loaded. Sterling Silver with all the nice chrome trim. What a nightmare... Sorry to hear that.

Ralph
06-07-05, 12:33 AM
sorry it has me all tore up. this sucks, i miss my Fleetwood. knowing shes not safe and sound in my driveway is killing me.

How do you think I feel Adam!!!??? :(

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35973

DopeStar 156
06-07-05, 12:58 AM
That definately sucks dude, although it might be better to just let her go and get another RWD Fleetwood. It may not run right after this especially if the radiator took a hit like that. It sounds like the same hit my dad's Mustang took and he just let it go after that. The engine still ran too. I believe if the airbags deploy the insurance company just totals it, but I may be wrong about that. Eitherway, glad you're ok.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-07-05, 01:07 AM
did you have any specialty car insurance on it or the type you put on a car you drive every day ? if you dont you may look into getting specialy car insurance so your arse is covered if something like this ever happens again as far as all the customization on your ride ....you geta beatter rate , but you cant drive it as much with most plans ...but at leats you get part of the investment you made into the car back

i am sorry to hear about this...im more worried about what the woman will do to you now ..i was lucky the cops the girl i hit to leave or she would be arrested ...she contunied to hold her neck and argue she was hurt very bad....but all the sudden she perked right up and jumped in the car.....after the cops told her the crash was her fault ...LOL

Spyder
06-07-05, 01:18 AM
In the first post you said the airbags were deployed, then you said they weren't...

" i was going fast enough for the airbags to deploy" #1
"my air bags didnt even deploy" #10

Which is it? I'm guessing that if they DID, then insurance will total it, cause they're REALLY expensive to have replaced...good luck with the whole situation though, I hope it all turns out ok for ya.

Boombotz
06-07-05, 08:14 AM
Accident's suck. Glad your o.k. hopefully that woman decides not to sue you and just goes after your insurance. Just be thankful you have insurance they will take care of it. Seems like from reading your post you already have a pretty good outlook on this situation. Best of luck,I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

BeelzeBob
06-07-05, 11:02 AM
Damn.. Well I'm glad you're okay. That's cool. The car can always be fixed.. It doesn't sound like you hit her too hard so I'm guessing there's no frame damage.. Still sucks, though.. Sorry to hear about this...

ShadowLvr400
06-07-05, 04:28 PM
did you have any specialty car insurance on it or the type you put on a car you drive every day ? if you dont you may look into getting specialy car insurance so your arse is covered if something like this ever happens again as far as all the customization on your ride ....

Just do NOT go with Unitrin Direct. This scumbag company has "lost" the paperwork on my aftermarket insurance, and STILL has not paid any of the money on my wrecked Eldo. It's been nearly a year...

Adam
06-07-05, 06:46 PM
In the first post you said the airbags were deployed, then you said they weren't...

" i was going fast enough for the airbags to deploy" #1
"my air bags didnt even deploy" #10

Which is it? I'm guessing that if they DID, then insurance will total it, cause they're REALLY expensive to have replaced...good luck with the whole situation though, I hope it all turns out ok for ya.

i just noticed that. when i said was i meant wasnt . sorry. no they did not deploy. i just pushed my hood up, smashed my grill into 300 different peices, completely busted the right headlight, and smashed the radiator up. no frame damage so hopefully it wont be totaled. i have full coverage so everything should be covered. if it is totaled, ill buy me another one and a used car at the same time and only drive the Fleetwood on the weekend. yeah it really sucks. i miss that car.

RBraczyk
06-07-05, 06:53 PM
Hate to be an *******, but do you have pics of it?

Boombotz
06-07-05, 07:51 PM
Just do NOT go with Unitrin Direct. This scumbag company has "lost" the paperwork on my aftermarket insurance, and STILL has not paid any of the money on my wrecked Eldo. It's been nearly a year...

Just got a quote from them and they were the only company beating Progressive, but thet only offered $2500. in additional coverage for custom parts. I told the woman I would not be able to make the change that coverage was not good enough. I guess, I should be saying Thank Goodness after reading what you posted.

Adam
06-07-05, 10:40 PM
Hate to be an *******, but do you have pics of it?

your not being an ass, no offense taken. no i dont have any pics though. i dont have a digital camera. wish i had a disposable one though so i could have taken pics in case this woman tries sueing me. she wont get nothing though.

powerglide
06-08-05, 12:50 PM
well......weird things can happen.

This old lady T-boned my brother while he was stopped at a light and claimed it was my brother's fault.

Obviously he wasn't concerned about this dumb assertion and trusted things would get worked out in his favor..... it did get worked out eventually but the lady pulled some strings and made things very difficult.....I hope this won't happen to you but stay on top of the case and nip things in the bud. Good luck

Adam
06-09-05, 10:27 PM
well i called the claim adjuster guy today and he said it was totaled. i was extremely pissed cause all that wouldnt have been more than 1k dollars in damage. i asked him why when the car was worth 5k dollars. he said that they dont go buy any book value, just local value or something. so i guess ill be looking for another Fleetwood. hopefully it wont take me 2 years again. i am gonna buy an older used car for around 9-10k and find another Fleetwood in the mean time.

RBraczyk
06-09-05, 10:45 PM
That sucks dude. Take the insurance money and buy her back.

Ralph
06-10-05, 12:41 AM
well i called the claim adjuster guy today and he said it was totaled. i was extremely pissed cause all that wouldnt have been more than 1k dollars in damage. i asked him why when the car was worth 5k dollars. he said that they dont go buy any book value, just local value or something. so i guess ill be looking for another Fleetwood. hopefully it wont take me 2 years again. i am gonna buy an older used car for around 9-10k and find another Fleetwood in the mean time.

Can you get that Durango for less than 10k?

Adam
06-10-05, 01:06 AM
That sucks dude. Take the insurance money and buy her back.

you know i really thought about that but i just couldnt do it. too much time and money and hassle to fool with. i am just going to get the check and find another one. i found a 96 FWB with 98k miles on her. its in VA somewhere so ill be looking to buy. i also am going to get something under 10k as an everday driver.

Adam
06-10-05, 01:08 AM
Can you get that Durango for less than 10k?

no, God it was like breaking legs trying to get them to drop it to 20k with the damned KBB infront of them saying it was only worth that much. im not getting it. i might go with a Deville, Eldo or Seville. so far no luck.

Adam
06-10-05, 05:28 PM
well things just keep getting worse. i was driving the 89 today and car shopping and lo and behold the damn water pump goes out and so does the serpentine belt! i fortunately was at the Cadillac dealership when this happened. they are going to replace everything for me. those things are the reasons i dont want to drive my Caddies. i looked at a 2k4 Pontiac Grand Prix and a 2k3 Buick Century today and they are pretty nice and the prices are pretty low which will leave me some room for another Fleetwood.

Ralph
06-10-05, 10:08 PM
well things just keep getting worse. i was driving the 89 today and car shopping and lo and behold the damn water pump goes out and so does the serpentine belt! i fortunately was at the Cadillac dealership when this happened. they are going to replace everything for me. those things are the reasons i dont want to drive my Caddies. i looked at a 2k4 Pontiac Grand Prix and a 2k3 Buick Century today and they are pretty nice and the prices are pretty low which will leave me some room for another Fleetwood.

Grand Prix's are kinda exciting, forget the Buick Century.....too boring despite being a good car. The seats are too mushy in the Century. :yup:

carguy16
06-28-05, 11:34 PM
Same thing happened to me 93fleetwood! My bumper, grille, hood, both headlights and 1 cornering lamp, and the core support got screwed up, the air bags didnt deploy for me either, thankfully!

BUt, it sucked watching the hood crunch and hearing it, after it happened I thought the engine died, just a figment of my imagination. I dont know about you, but you really do have a 1 million things going through your head, you dont think it can happen to you, when it can. :( Those were the days.

But, im eventually getting another Fleetwood! :) Mine is doing spooky things, but it still drives. More about it in the Fleetwood forum. It would be nice to get one with the trailor tow package.

Krashed989
06-29-05, 01:30 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! man I did basically the same thing last month. I accidenatlly rear ended a blue lexus is300. Only it was a guy driving, he did the same "Ahh My Back hurts" bs and all too... the impact wasn't enough for my air bag to diploy. In fact we both only got scratches (on my new bumper too :crying: ) . He's trying to claim it totalled but it only has scratches. I hate Lexsuckses.

Glad you're OK. Sry about your accident.

majax
06-29-05, 02:17 AM
Yeah no kiding what is with Lexus owners? Sorry about the Fleetwood, you can find one in ebay.

majax
06-29-05, 02:28 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6149&item=4558451800&rd=1
The only thing wrong with it seems to be the door locker on the passenger side, it has some green tape over it. Only 41k!

carguy16
06-29-05, 10:14 AM
Thats way too much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6149&item=4558451800&rd=1
The only thing wrong with it seems to be the door locker on the passenger side, it has some green tape over it. Only 41k!

ShadowLvr400
06-29-05, 10:22 AM
It's a BMW dealership, what do you expect? And actually, that's still selling low on the kelly blue book. Must not be much call for a 13 yr old Caddy at a BMW dealer.

Adam
06-29-05, 01:17 PM
holy crap 8k9hundred for that thing! its nice and all but i cant afford that. after buying that CTS i am going to have to find one for 3-4k.

fltwd93
07-01-05, 02:23 PM
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183897&st=260

Check this fleetwood out!

powerglide
07-01-05, 03:04 PM
You mean this poor 'lac?

It looks like the owner spent alot of mone and time on that thing.......also looks like it saved his life!

fltwd93
07-01-05, 03:11 PM
Yep. It's a guy I went to school with. That's the 2nd Fleetwood he's gone thru.

powerglide
07-01-05, 03:33 PM
Wow....I wonder what he's doing wrong.

Then again it could be bad karma with fleetwoods, I have bad luck with Camaro's ....owned two, totalled both.....no other accidents my whole life.

I want another camaro but I get the gut feeling its not a good idea anymore.

Adam
07-01-05, 05:17 PM
"This songs dedicated, to my Caddys, in that gangsta lean, why you had to go, SO SOON! It seems like yesterday, we were cruisin, round tha hood. Now I'm caught up, keep your battery alive, like a homie should. A life time of riddin, going down the drain. I have to keep cruisin, so I can get past the pain, I tip my 40 to your memories, take a drink and I, stop to think and I...One day soon we will, we will, We'll be cruisin the SOUTH......."

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tears.gif http://www.layitlow.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tears.gif http://www.layitlow.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tears.gif http://www.layitlow.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tears.gif

AMEN! yes one day soon i will have me another. mine wasnt as bad as his though. i didnt want to get her back, i just let her go in peace. it wouldve been too much work to start over on her anyway. i am looking.

Adam
07-01-05, 05:18 PM
Yep. It's a guy I went to school with. That's the 2nd Fleetwood he's gone thru.

are you a member of those boards? i joined it a while back but havent been on there too much.

kokoj
07-02-05, 01:02 PM
your not being an ass, no offense taken. no i dont have any pics though. i dont have a digital camera. wish i had a disposable one though so i could have taken pics in case this woman tries sueing me. she wont get nothing though.
One of the things I have learned from when I was with Property and Casualty is no one ever thinks they are at fault so it is wise to keep one of those disposable cameras in the glove box. You can buy one at Sunoco. I won a case of my own once, because of that camera. In Boston, during rush hour, it's no holds barred so this one lane road had become 2 lanes and I was able to show it. She was from the Cape and driving this big old Bronco and paniced when traffic got a little rough. As I was passing her she moved sidewards to get away from a parked car and slammed into the side of my car. My position was that she should have realized that though it appeared to be a single lane it wasn't (and I had the pictures to show the 2 lanes of traffic). I won, and she lives with the 6 year surcharge, not me.

Adam
07-02-05, 11:38 PM
You can buy one at Sunoco.

i wrecked right infront of Sunoco!

ocjmakaveli
07-05-05, 03:35 AM
You mean this poor 'lac?

It looks like the owner spent alot of mone and time on that thing.......also looks like it saved his life!

what on earth happened to that blue fleetwood how fast was he going and what did he crash with to get the front to bend back so far in I mean DAMN http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

Duckman
07-07-05, 01:45 PM
Fight the ticket! It sounds like you did nothing wrong...paying the $49 could come back to bite you legally later....

Talk to a local attorney.

fltwd93
07-07-05, 03:56 PM
are you a member of those boards? i joined it a while back but havent been on there too much.
Yeah. On layitlow I'm on there as lac of respect. Here's pics of my Fleetwood.

http://crowd.0catch.com/lacofrespect.html

Adam
07-07-05, 06:42 PM
Yeah. On layitlow I'm on there as lac of respect. Here's pics of my Fleetwood.

http://crowd.0catch.com/lacofrespect.html

hell yeah man nice Fleetwood :thumbsup: ! i didnt know you was a lowrider. i got the same name on there as i do here, i dont visit that site much though. i am looking for another Fleetwood. i got this CTS which is my daily (ha got a pretty nice daily) and just gotta get another Fleetwood. after that i might get a 80 Mark V or something, maybe a Continental or Town Car (but that would have to be a 70 something for the Town Car). after that i might try going for a 59 Eldo or Fleetwood and a 63 or 64 drop top Impala.

fltwd93
07-08-05, 09:28 AM
Gotta love Lacs & lincolns. Gonna be workin on an 83 Mark as a 1 pump hopper.
My daily driver is a 98 DeVille.

Adam
07-08-05, 12:36 PM
Gotta love Lacs & lincolns. Gonna be workin on an 83 Mark as a 1 pump hopper.
My daily driver is a 98 DeVille.

i love them old Lincolns man. there was a Continental (75) for sale in perfect shape for 1500.00. i wish i would have got it. a guy i know bought it. i never stopped and asked how much for it.

1 pump eh? me and some buddies of mine just finished a 94 chevy s 10. we took the motor out and the interior and filled it with pumps and batteries. we made it a radical hopper. soon as Lowrider starts going to Charlotte again we are going to enter it. i got pissed when i opened up the jan. issue and didnt see Charlotte in there. that is the only show close enough to us that we can go to (lowriding isnt big around here).

michael96
07-08-05, 02:59 PM
fltwd93 Your Fleetwood is gorgeous, but in my opinion a Cadillac should have at least a 15-16 inch wheel if not 17 or 18's. Dude the only thing that urks me about your beautiful Fltwd is those tiny odd looking wheels. And as far as the Lexuses go, where I come from there is usually one group of people that drive them. Unfortuneatly I can't say who because it is too racist. Sorry about your accident.

CADILLAC86 JACK95
07-08-05, 03:33 PM
damn dawg im sorry to hear that recently i burnt my engine out in my 86 d elegance
but i got my 95 as back up let me no if u need help we all got to stick together[/I]

fltwd93
07-08-05, 04:05 PM
fltwd93 Your Fleetwood is gorgeous, but in my opinion a Cadillac should have at least a 15-16 inch wheel if not 17 or 18's. Dude the only thing that urks me about your beautiful Fltwd is those tiny odd looking wheels. And as far as the Lexuses go, where I come from there is usually one group of people that drive them. Unfortuneatly I can't say who because it is too racist. Sorry about your accident.
14's are perfect for the Lac because the style of car it is. You're not into lowriders and that's why it looks funny to you. But, when my back bumpers sittin on the ground it looks a hell of lot better w/ 14's than 17's.

Adam
07-08-05, 06:04 PM
14's are perfect for the Lac because the style of car it is. You're not into lowriders and that's why it looks funny to you. But, when my back bumpers sittin on the ground it looks a hell of lot better w/ 14's than 17's.

you know what looks even better is those extended skirts. i have seen them on a few cars in Cali Swangin so i am guessing they are fabricated. unless they are 20s or up (to 22 that is) 15-19 just looks wrong.

Adam
07-08-05, 06:06 PM
damn dawg im sorry to hear that recently i burnt my engine out in my 86 d elegance
but i got my 95 as back up let me no if u need help we all got to stick together[/I]

thanks bro but it has been over a month since the accident. i got me a CTS a few weeks ago, still looking for another Fleetwood.

DPGC23
07-10-05, 07:22 PM
When I Saw The Title, I Almost Cried.....

Dpgc23

Adam
07-11-05, 03:46 PM
man every time i see another Fleetwood (which is rare anyway) i get so upset. it pisses me off that i wrecked so stupidly. i hope i can find another one soon. every Fleetwood i have found has been 8k something and i cant afford 8k for one after buying this CTS.

STSpearl99
09-16-05, 09:11 PM
OMG! im a new caddy owner. a 99 sts pearl. my first cadillac ever and it's fantastic! it killed me a little to read your post.. ..hope everything turns up well for you..take care

Adam
09-16-05, 09:58 PM
OMG! im a new caddy owner. a 99 sts pearl. my first cadillac ever and it's fantastic! it killed me a little to read your post.. ..hope everything turns up well for you..take care

you wouldnt be the type to bring up painful memories would ya? ha, j/k. still get misty eyed when i see a Fleetwood. i think, damn i had one of those beauties. now she's gone. i never thought i could miss driving a car so much. heres to my Fleetwood :alchi: may she rest in peace :crying: . thanks for your thoughts.

STSpearl99
09-17-05, 03:08 PM
actually... you are right. i wouldnt bring up painful memories ..not my nature to.but when it comes to my StS . i know i would eventually have to.. why? because it's an amazing RIDE!!!