: 97 Deville. P0131 - what does this tell the computere

Nickcruffin
06-06-05, 03:35 PM
When the P0131 code is registered what does the computer do about it. where is bank one --- I think it is the bank with plug or cylinder one is this correct.

When the P0131 code is sent --- shortly after I get a 171 and 174 code. telling me that the banks are lean.

I have replaced the o2 sensor 3 times now no change. but I may have replaced the wrong 02 censor.

Ranger
06-06-05, 06:25 PM
Bank one is up against the firewall.

Nickcruffin
06-06-05, 07:18 PM
Thatís what I thought.

I had to take the car to the Dealer this morning, fortunately the car was acting up at the time, ----- it is the freaking fuel pump.

$888.80 to fix. I canít tell you how many times I thought it was the fuel pump only to be told that it isnít. Now the Dealer checked it and it is only putting out 21PSI. But, I guess when it was cool out and the fuel was cool the pump would work ok. But when hot it failed.

My idiot next door neighbor, who knows noting, told me that his pump went out only when hot too. But, of course thinking that he couldn't know anything I ignored him.

Well he is laughing now.

I would never be able to fix the pump anyway so I guess I will be ok about it. Its just money.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ranger
06-06-05, 09:33 PM
My '92 Deville failed that way. Ran ok WOT when cold but after about :20 min it would fall flat on it's face if I gave it too much throttle.