: Read vs Unread

Jhduca
12-16-13, 11:40 AM
Maybe just me....but...the majority of topics I look at continue to be "blue", which I assume means unread. But when I open the topic and drill down, I find no unread comments, topics or threads. And others remain the "non-blue" color....even my favorites are remaining blue. Is this something I can adjust? Or change?

Ranger
12-16-13, 03:31 PM
If you leave any unread the button will remain blue (unread). You can mark them all as read after you finish that particular forum by simply double clicking the blue button.

Jhduca
12-16-13, 07:08 PM
Thanks Ranger...I'll try the double click...

----------

I can't double click the blue bubble thing before a forum or folder. It simply slides over and opens the thing I touched. I even tried the regular Internet forum vs the iPad application....

----------

Got it...thanks...

guyslp
12-20-13, 08:20 PM
Also, if you use your "Back" button to go back to the forum you just read a thread in, that thread will continue to look as though it's unread until you read another and go back with the "Back" button.

I always use to forum links at the top or bottom of a given thread to navigate back to the main forum to prevent this from happening. If the links are used then your read/unread status stays constantly accurate.

Brian

Submariner409
12-20-13, 08:45 PM
No kidding - If you back out of a thread or post it ALWAYS appears as it did before you opened it.

guyslp
12-20-13, 08:53 PM
You would be surprised how few people realize this. Even I occasionally "forget" until I unintentionally use a "Back" button. That's why I mentioned it.