: Trolls!

illumina
06-04-05, 03:01 AM
Since I have nothing going on this Saturday early morning (new girlfriend had to work), I've decided to do nothing but waste your folks' valuable time by posting pointless blather for you folks to read...

I introduce to you the many definitions of the "internet troll" as offered by several websites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm
http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp
http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

As we can see by the many definitions, it can be therefore determined that I have absolutely nothing better to do. But hey, at least we now know what the exact definition of an "internet troll" is and how to better fight them on our fine site :D

Boombotz
06-04-05, 03:12 AM
We don't see much of that here. but it was at least interesting to read.

Spyder
06-04-05, 03:28 AM
I hate technology.
Whatever happened to good 'ol face to face conversation...I know I'm only 22, but hell, I grew up in the middle of no where, where a "man's good word and handshake are all you need" and I still live by that. I hate that no one else does, and I've been screwed many times because of it, but I don't want to change my ways...whoa...just realized I'm quite off topic... ... ...

davesdeville
06-04-05, 05:42 AM
I moderate a pyrotechnics and explosives forum with more than its fair share of trolls (along with the idiots, 12 year olds, and all the other nonproductive members who pass through,) the best thing to do is the delete button or at least the lock thread one.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-04-05, 11:23 AM
illlumina , some outstanding intelligence gathered on our enimys , when do we launch the preemptive strike ?

Stoneage_Caddy
06-04-05, 12:18 PM
(new girlfriend had to work),
by the way did anyone notice this ??

hate to tell you lumina....but ....I TOLD YA SO ....

boy i sure hate it when im right ... :bighead:

SilverCTS
06-04-05, 12:48 PM
We don't see much of that here. but it was at least interesting to read.

Agreed.

I spend some time on an Apple IPOD forum. I bought my wife an Apple IPOD for Mother's day, and now I want one--so I visit there from time-to-time.

There is more "trolling" over there; probably because it is a much younger, less affluent, more immature crowd.

Rolex
06-04-05, 12:59 PM
That's one of the better things about Cadi forums, there aren't a lot of trolls around. My favorite trolls are the people who stumble over the forums, come in just to bash on Cadillac, and then leave never to be heard from again. Most they are pretty easy to spot because of their spamming and inconsistent info in their posts. Personal favorite troll = Gloria Smith.

Ralph
06-05-05, 01:21 PM
I'd rather be a WHORE any day of the week, rather than a weak-minded, overly sensitive, flame-baiting, whinning Troll ANYDAY!! ;)

Stoneage_Caddy
06-05-05, 01:48 PM
That's one of the better things about Cadi forums, there aren't a lot of trolls around. My favorite trolls are the people who stumble over the forums, come in just to bash on Cadillac, and then leave never to be heard from again. Most they are pretty easy to spot because of their spamming and inconsistent info in their posts. Personal favorite troll = Gloria Smith.
ahh yes i remeber her , she told em to check the brake lines on my XLR ....to bad it doesnt have them ....and is 1:18 scale

SilverCTS
06-06-05, 10:30 PM
I'd rather be a WHORE

So would I, but my wife won't let me.

Ralph
06-06-05, 10:32 PM
So would I, but my wife won't let me.

LOL. I like being single again. The possibilities are endless. :devil: :D

HotRodSaint
06-06-05, 11:03 PM
I'd rather be a WHORE any day of the week, rather than a weak-minded, overly sensitive, flame-baiting, whinning Troll ANYDAY!! ;)

Then stop your trolling, you weak-minded, over sensitive, flame-baiting, whiny troll. :lildevil:

Ralph
06-06-05, 11:16 PM
Then stop your trolling, you weak-minded, over sensitive, flame-baiting, whiny troll. :lildevil:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-06-05, 11:21 PM
and on that note ...LOCKED !!!! LOL ....