: Attn ocjmakaveli, I need help!!!

carguy16
06-03-05, 10:17 PM
ocjmakaveli, WHAT DID YOU Do when you rear ended someone? how much did it cost you????

I just got a quote from the Body shop, they want $2,600.00 to fix the car! They are the cheapest bidder too. Headlights, grille, hood, re-straightening the radiator core support, bumper equipment, outragious!

So guys, Im not going to fix the car, its outragious, I was expecing the price range of at least $800.00 to $1200.00, apparently with the radiator core bent, the hood and head lights wont match up.

N0DIH
06-03-05, 11:55 PM
Owch! So all it needs is a front clip eh? Call around asking for a front clip, maybe you will get a better price. All is included.

DPGC23
06-04-05, 02:04 AM
Damm

Whas The Year Of The Car Nn Model?

Dpgc23

ocjmakaveli
06-04-05, 08:50 AM
I don't know why most fleetwood owners seem to get their grilles smashed in but with my ride height, the bumper was only slightly dented but i just rebent it and it looks good enough with a heavy ass sledge hammer and i replaced the chrome molding used for 100.00 that was it.

but another time my car was hit in the left front wheel well my insurance covered it and it totaled a cost of about 7,500 and they didnt replace much.

my advice Don't give up and shop around honestly look for someone that knows how to do body work and just have the parts reshaped etc. and whatever supports welded together its NOT always necessary to replace everything........

don't get a shop quote they will all rip u off if you look long enough you'll find someone that knows what to do like for the hood all you need is a skilled person to sand it fix it then bondo it etc. and finish it off with paint lots cheaper than replacing but I'm sure with a few minor shortcuts you can get the price to way cheaper than what they've been giving you now.

ask your uncles, friends, cousins, sisters, brothers ,strangers on the street and whoever else you have trust in to get a good price and a good reputable person to do a good job.

trust me most ppl underestimate how much easier it is just to have an outside job especially if your paying for it out-of-pocket. You'll get the same or better results and you won't have to work for th e rest of the year to pay it off.

let us know what happens hopefully it works out and I don't recommend selling it

N0DIH
06-04-05, 01:00 PM
I am not sure where I got the link, but try www.cadillacinternational.com, they have used body parts.

Look around on here, they might be a advertiser, so use that link if possible so Sal kicks the support nod. With all he's doing on this site, he does need it.

brougham
06-04-05, 03:49 PM
Why don't you just get the insurance company to deal with it? Or if you don't want to do that just goto some junk yards and find the parts that you need yourself and then just get a body shop to unbend the part that got bent.

You should know the rules here by now- for sale ads don't belong in the forum. If you really want to sell it this time you should put the ad part of your post in the classifieds section. Send me a message and I can send you your original post if you need it.

carguy16
06-04-05, 04:47 PM
yeh yeh yeh, i dont have comprehensive, its all out of pocket, lastly there is a major shortage and overly excessive prices for my fleetwood. lastly it wasnt really an ad, it was an option that i had.
Why don't you just get the insurance company to deal with it? Or if you don't want to do that just goto some junk yards and find the parts that you need yourself and then just get a body shop to unbend the part that got bent.

You should know the rules here by now- for sale ads don't belong in the forum. If you really want to sell it this time you should put the ad part of your post in the classifieds section. Send me a message and I can send you your original post if you need it.