: New Owner of a 1995 Eldo Convertible

eric007
06-03-05, 06:51 PM
Hi folks,

I just joined the ranks of the pride owners of a N* powered Cadillac, a 1995 Eldorado Convertible to be more specific, on May 18th 2005. I had been looking at convertibles on and off for the last 2-3 years, locally and on Ebay, thinking I would buy a late 60’s to early 70’s muscle car. Well I had come across a few of the Coach Builders Eldorados on Ebay, so I started doing a little research on the Cadillacs themselves, here and at a few other places, and thought I can buy one of these and get all the creature comforts and not lose anything in the way of performance and get dependability all in one tidy package. So when I found another available on Ebay last month I pulled the trigger. I drove from the Midlands of SC to Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., got the car and drove it 575 miles home, I thought that was a pretty good road test. I left at 4am and got back home at 1am the next morning. I do have the “Service Air Bag Sys” with the I033 code and sometimes I get the “Service Ride Control” which I think I may have fixed now, I hope. I’ve had a few minor issues but otherwise, so far so good. The car has 86,000 miles on it and a pretty fresh paint job, I’ve done some basic maintenance, coolant, fluids, etc.. and this forum has been a wealth of information to help me out. So I’d just like to say thanks to all who make this a great forum. Salute!!!

Oh yea, I’ve attached a picture of the car from the Ebay ad, when I get some of my own I’ll throw those out at you later.

Cya, Eric

Boombotz
06-03-05, 08:13 PM
:welcome: to the forums Eric. That is a nice looking vert you got there. The paint looks real good. Good luck and enjoy the Cadillac experience.

Jesda
06-03-05, 09:21 PM
Its gorgeous!!!!

davesdeville
06-04-05, 04:14 AM
Nice car. I'm almost a little jealous even.

eric007
06-04-05, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the compliments. Even though the pictures make it look a little better than it actually is, I LOVE IT, and hope to own it for a long time.

E

CADDYBLACK99
06-06-05, 10:16 AM
Welcome Eric!

Nice Eldo! It pays to do your homework before buying...good luck with your purchase. Thanks for the kind words, we are glad you were able find the information you needed to make your decision.
:welcome:
Paul

Leloz
06-06-05, 12:32 PM
congrats!

D148L0
06-06-05, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forums.

powerglide
06-06-05, 09:01 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

I think I saw that (or a very similar one on eBay recently......it begged me to bid :-)

Welcome....you'll find much useful info/people here.

that's a truly rare monkey, most likey to go up in value!