: KARS Stage 2 Kit Installed

jspridge
06-03-05, 05:26 PM
Wanted to let all of you know that I have had the Stage 2 kit installed on my car since last Thursday. Doug was kind enough to install it on my '04.

I also drove with the prototype Stage 1 kit for two weeks a few months ago, and I have been eager to get one of the kits back on my car since the prototype was removed.

My initial impressions are that the kit has greatly reduced my car's tendancy to hop on hard 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. I currently have 16K miles on the original tires, so I will have feedback on the difference that new tires make for you very soon.

Hard cornering is more stable and flat with the kit as well. Honestly, the car feels more solid and capable of being pushed hard (in a straight line or otherwise) with the kit than without it.

The differential support piece has effectively smoothed out driveline clunk. The differential whine is a little more noticeable with the support in place, but I have an idea on how to further reduce the noise beyond Dougís updated system.

If you have an í04, it will be worthwhile to weld the plates in place that come with the kit. Once you see the thin factory metal in the forward mounting positions, this will make perfect sense to you as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience with the kit, or if you want me to try any specific situational tests. Iíll be happy to provide honest feedback to anyone considering this purchase.

SBONES
06-03-05, 06:03 PM
i was really thinking about getting the stage 2. i have no idea who would put the stuff on. what do ya think...stage 3 maybe...:yup:

CTSV05
06-03-05, 06:53 PM
What part of Pa. are you from?

dreamcarc6
06-03-05, 07:10 PM
Doug, just left you a message on your voice mail/answering machine regarding the diff support and the two bolts that connect it to the cradle. You drew a picture on the back of page one of the instructions that shows the bushings between each washer and the metal with "air" in between the cradle and the support. Now on your website in the pictures, it shows the bushings between the cradle and support. My question, which is it? Is it bolt, washer, bushing, cradle, support, bushing, washer, nut? Or is bolt, washer, cradle, bushing, bushing, support, washer, nut? The picture you drew on the back of the instructions just looks strange.

Let me know.

CTSV05
06-03-05, 07:21 PM
Sorry, the website pic was too noisy, so follow the instructions, as this is a much quieter way to do it.

Wshr-bshng-plate-air-plate-bshng-wshr-nut.

jspridge
06-03-05, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking of flipping mine around (to the wrong way) in order to compare the sound difference.

SBONES
06-05-05, 03:36 PM
allentown im maybe 5 hrs from pitt.