: Ford slammed into man

Boombotz
06-03-05, 04:33 PM
Man lives. Don't know how. Car looks like it was doing at least 45mph. I would never attend one of this races. It seems this happens all the time.

Check this clip out.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nomorerally.html

It is no longer availible to see on this site. They have a policy not to show someone who dies in a video. Sorry to late to see video.

Spyder
06-03-05, 04:53 PM
The idiot deserves to be hit...he was standing at the apex of a friggin dirt rally track...
Score one for the human race!

Rolex
06-03-05, 09:26 PM
That guy is going to need some new knee caps. To say he deserved to be hit is harsh....but kind of true. I've always thought those people who line the sides of those roads are taking their lives into their hands.

SilverCTS
06-03-05, 11:04 PM
I've always thought those people who line the sides of those roads are taking their lives into their hands.

I agree. I've seen these races on the Speed Channel. What are those people thinking?

terrible one
06-04-05, 02:13 AM
I must agree as well. I don't think anyone really deserves to be hit by a fishtailing Ford in the first place, but it really was stupid to be standing there.

Spyder
06-04-05, 03:03 AM
I'm standing by what I said. :D The guy wasn't just on the sidelines...he was standing two feet inside the track at the apex of the turn...the car wasn't really out of control, the idiot was just in the way. If I walked down the yellow line in the middle of a 55 mph two lane highway and got hit, I'd be an idiot too. People aren't SUPPOSED to drive on the yellow line, but they do, and that's fairly common knowledge to anyone that's been in this world long. He shouldn't have been there. If he was on the sidelines or off the track, I would feel different, but he was standing off of the grass and on the track.

SilverCTS
06-04-05, 11:11 AM
Could you imagine if NASCAR had such lackadaisical safety standards?

What if people just sat on the sidelines of a NASCAR race without any sort of protection or barriers?

What if people were able to aimlessly drift onto the track like this poor soul did?

kokoj
06-04-05, 01:02 PM
It looked like he was holding a camera so he may have been there because he wanted really good footage, what's the saying, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Boombotz
06-04-05, 01:55 PM
:yeah:

El Dobro
06-04-05, 02:19 PM
Did anyone ever watch a rally where the spectators line the course? I can't believe more are killed than there already are.

SilverCTS
06-04-05, 02:24 PM
Did anyone ever watch a rally where the spectators line the course? I can't believe more are killed than there already are.

Yes. See some of the above posts. It is unbelievable, isn't it?

Boombotz
06-04-05, 02:38 PM
The guy died and the website took it down. They have a policy not to show videos of people dieing. Sorry but to late.