: Cars fly now...

BeelzeBob
06-02-05, 10:20 AM
Moller International has developed the first and only feasible, personally affordable, personal vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicle the world has ever seen.

You've always known it was just a matter of time before the world demanded some kind of flying machine which would replace the automobile. Of course, this machine would have to be capable of VTOL, be easy to maintain, cost effective and reliable. Well, we at Moller International believe we have come up with the solution. That solution is the volantor named M400 Skycar.

Read more (http://www.moller.com/skycar/)

Adam
06-02-05, 11:33 AM
:shocked: holy crap! i want one. probably couldnt afford it though, wonder what the price tag is on one of those babies:hmm:.

slk230mb
06-02-05, 03:22 PM
I only want one if I can put 24"s on it.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-02-05, 03:39 PM
Flying cars is nothing new to my famly , dads personaly sent 4 into the air ...and ive sent one ....

We still working on landings we can walk away from ...

ShadowLvr400
06-02-05, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking that the driver's test needs to be harder... I know people who barely seem to have control of a vehicle that just goes left, right, front, and back... Up and down aren't going to help these people...

Spock
06-02-05, 04:32 PM
If even a fraction of the population gets flying cars, how will we control airspace? Certain zones like airports out of zones for flying cars and they have to fly at specific heights. Just imagine a mechanical failure in a flying car, we're talking death almost everytime.
Not to mention the training that would be required for each citizen. And they'd have to be tested I hope quite frequently.
It's a good idea, but we won't become the Jetsons in my lifetime.

K2K
06-02-05, 04:46 PM
I saw that thing on "The Science of Star Wars"

Very awesome in theory... but in practice?

davesdeville
06-02-05, 09:06 PM
Yep. I think the solotrek XVF (http://www.solotrek.com/) will be a bit more affordable.

Boombotz
06-02-05, 09:21 PM
If even a fraction of the population gets flying cars, how will we control airspace? Certain zones like airports out of zones for flying cars and they have to fly at specific heights. Just imagine a mechanical failure in a flying car, we're talking death almost everytime.
Not to mention the training that would be required for each citizen. And they'd have to be tested I hope quite frequently.
It's a good idea, but we won't become the Jetsons in my lifetime.

We will have to make Holograhm highways and stop lights. Don't forget the billboards.:D