: New Rims or Maggie???

bryce3
06-02-05, 04:32 AM
I have been approved by my boss (wife) to make one more purchase for the V. I can get a set of rims or a Maggie S/C. What should I do? Remember, I can only get one. I already have the B&B cat back w/ res. and the UUC shifter.
I'm stuck??????:hmm:

-Sean

Dooman
06-02-05, 06:38 AM
Well, one will make you smile every time you see the car and the other will make you smile while driving... I would do the maggie for sure.

Flyboy
06-02-05, 06:58 AM
Okay...here's my thoughts ( used to have a wife...got rid of her), do the Maggie, the sound is incredible and be nice to the "boss" and chrome the original wheels at a later date....for a a buck and half each. (Only my HO):thumbsup:

DILLIGAF
06-02-05, 09:26 AM
Maggie of course.Rims nice,but not necessary.Maggie gotta have mod.

1gCtsV05
06-02-05, 09:34 AM
Rims... ah... who cares what you look like.. you are married!!!
GO FAST!!! but be safe!!!!

Dennisscars
06-02-05, 10:27 AM
Rims...
if you get the maggie it will be too hard to get wife's death grip fingernail marks out of dashboard. :D

heavymetals
06-02-05, 10:29 AM
No brainer.
MAGGIE.
You can always say you have to get new rims later cuz they can't handle the torque (if she believes that you have a "keeper").

sti convert
06-02-05, 10:38 AM
MAGGIE, Oh and I might be the only one, but I like the look of the stock rims.

wildwhl
06-02-05, 11:03 AM
Stock rims rock.

Maggie for sure...you may never have this chance again.

Of course, since the wife can SEE the rims you could buy those now and somehow sneak the maggie on without her knowing - lord knows this has never happened before :sneaky:

The rims are just bling bling while the maggie will make your head, heart and soul sing :p

Maggie, maggie, maggie I say. Maggie today...maggie in anyway you can get one. Beg, steal, borrow - just get her done. Besides - you will NEVER receive the service and support on an overpriced set of wheels that Brian and the crew at Magnuson will give you should you need it on the MagnaCharger :worship:

lawfive
06-02-05, 11:46 AM
This thread makes me love MY wife all the more.

My vote:

http://www.magnacharger.com/images/systems/ctsv/ctsv-6.jpg

If you don't show the car, get the painted version and use some of the $1K you'll save for a custom tune.

I think the stock wheels look great; you may not think so. But one thing we can agree on: new rims won't help you take that M5/E55/SL55/Cobra/SRT8 that pulls up next to you at the light.

wildwhl
06-02-05, 11:52 AM
Listen, once in a while you just have to say :wtf: and do the right thing...and start WHINING!

Maggie!

Maggie!

Maggie!

Maggie!

Maggie!

Maggie!

M5/E55/SL55/Cobra/SRT8 :brutal:

JBeechel
06-02-05, 12:03 PM
Eh hem... I believe we can take an SRT-8 without a Maggie.. but what do I know.

Oh yeah... get the Maggie.

jlakowicz
06-02-05, 12:29 PM
Without a doubt the Maggie. Now that I have it I don't care about the wheels.

DgtalPimp
06-02-05, 02:13 PM
Maggie is a must.

drewcruikshank
06-02-05, 04:27 PM
maggie. get the painted version like lawfive said but used the $1k on a TNT nitrous power ring and progressive controller by NOS. then you dont need any wheels. you achieve liftoff.

lawfive
06-02-05, 04:28 PM
Eh hem... I believe we can take an SRT-8 without a Maggie.. but what do I know.

Nah, according to the guys on the SRT8 forum the kill didn't count because:

The driver was female
Not just female, but an 'old soccer mom'
Her hubby had to prod her
Her TCS was probably on
There were two people in the SRT8
You actually had an edge by having a manual transmission (???); mashing down a pedal while holding the wheel with both hands takes more machismo than a soccer mom has
SRT8 runs 20" wheels, hence more inertia ("Wait'll we get 18's!")
The stars were out of alignment
Also:

The V costs more
The V is ugly
The V has too many problems
The V isn't distinctive
The V isn't selling
Nyah, nyah, nyah.

veloce
06-02-05, 04:31 PM
Maggie! Look she may, run she must!!!!

heavymetals
06-02-05, 04:32 PM
I just took two other people to lunch and gave them the "white knuckler" and an example of maggie aided CTS-V acceleration.:sneaky:

I doubt very seriously if they would have commented as much or as enthusiastically if I had better looking rims.:lildevil:

Florian
06-02-05, 10:08 PM
Has anyone said "Get the Maggie" yet??? Get the MF thing already!!!! Id have been on the phone as soon as the wife said OK.....rims suck....power rules! :bouncy:

Florian

Parker
06-03-05, 12:37 AM
How about wheels and the maggie....at the same time...but definitely the Maggie before the wheels.

FastMatt
06-03-05, 11:25 AM
Both

here are some pics of my V with 19" CCWs and the Magie...

http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/index.php/Matt_M_CTSV

I dont know what one I like better

CTS-VPaco
06-03-05, 01:01 PM
Take it from someone who made a premature, impulse decision to buy some wheels: buy the supercharger[U]. Not that I don't love my wheels, I think I could've come up with the wheel money alot easier than the SC + tune money. Gonna be a year 'fore I do anything, unless business picks up for me. Then the point is moot; I'll have both.

bryce3
06-03-05, 05:18 PM
Thank you all for your advise on which purchase I should make. I am going with the Maggie in about a week. My next question is who should I order the S/C from? We got a post awhile back from a new vendor "ProDyno Store". This guy was taking 10% off everything. Has anyone done business with these guys yet?
-Sean

trekster
06-03-05, 05:45 PM
Supercharge

DILLIGAF
06-04-05, 11:34 PM
Bryce,call Brian, He'll hook you up!