: I feel like crap!

illumina
06-01-05, 11:22 PM
Yup. I have the good ol' "summer cold." I feel like pure shit and I'll tell you this: I didn't know so much fluid can come from one's own head (via the nose) until now...Damnit, I HATE SUMMER COLDS...I hate colds period! :rant2:

Adumb
06-01-05, 11:25 PM
*knock on wood* im just getting over mine,

Elvis
06-01-05, 11:28 PM
Worst time of the year for something like that. I've only had it once, and that was a long time ago. You have my sympathy.

Boombotz
06-01-05, 11:29 PM
It sucks here in Florida when we get a cold and it is 95 degrees and the Humidity is threw the roof. I just got over a sinus infection.

illumina
06-01-05, 11:36 PM
Lucky for me that I'm drugged up on Wal-Mart brand Nyquil (TM) and Alka-Seltzer (TM) tablets in conjunction with piss-loads of cough drops...Ludens and Wal-Mart brands...(Ludens are a personal favorite :yup: )...I should sleep well for the night. Tissues are a plenty. Lucky for me the new girl I've been hanging out with isn't around for this: she doesn't need to see me with a strand of tissure stuck up my nose at all times!

Hopefuly all will be better by tomorrow so I can go back to school and learn loads of college algebra...Finals are coming up next week and I don't need to miss out on the review days here.

Elvis
06-01-05, 11:36 PM
I have two words for you:

Methylprednisolone

AND

ZPak

Boombotz
06-01-05, 11:38 PM
NyQuil is the best stuff for putting you in a deep sleep. That stuff works great for me.

Ralph
06-01-05, 11:44 PM
Hopefuly all will be better by tomorrow so I can go back to school and learn loads of college algebra...Finals are coming up next week and I don't need to miss out on the review days here.

Stress doesn't help a cold. Lots of water and in the words of President Clinton, "I feel your pain."

Then there is me. I have constant chronic swollen lymph in my throat because of sinusitis/rhinitis. I had the option for surgury but opted NOT! Maybe in the future I should get that surgury before ALL our doctors move to the U.S. :hmm: :shhh:

ben72227
06-02-05, 12:30 AM
I just got over my summer cold last week.:coolgleam
It sures does suck to have one down here in the South though, with it being so damn humid and hot...

DopeStar 156
06-02-05, 01:35 AM
Yup. I have the good ol' "summer cold." I feel like pure shit and I'll tell you this: I didn't know so much fluid can come from one's own head (via the nose) until now...Damnit, I HATE SUMMER COLDS...I hate colds period! :rant2:
Yep, I've got exactly that. My head is full of crap and it's slow leaking out of my nostrils, I also have sneezing fits. I'm miserable!

davesdeville
06-02-05, 04:45 AM
I had a cold starting last Wendsday. I was over it by Saturday but that day I had a bad earache. I can barely hear out of my left ear now and it's about time to go do the benzocaine ear drops..

SoundAdvantage
06-02-05, 05:19 AM
Whats up with all the summer colds?

I get one cold a year and it's alway's the first week of Feb. it lasts for about 2 weeks and it's gone.

Try some ECHINACEA TEA to boost your immune system, it can be found in the health food section of grocery stores and it works.

slk230mb
06-02-05, 10:19 AM
I know your pain Illumina, I'm dealing with my second ear infection in the last 5 weeks. Health Services at college just treated the first one and when the second started I went to an Ear, Nose, & Throat doctor and he found a really bad sinus infection. I've been on the meds a week and it has help dramatically. I go back today for a follow up and to get the results of the blood screening test. I suspect that it will just tell me that I'm allergic to pollen, which I've known for a while.

illumina
06-02-05, 06:44 PM
I still feel like a festering lump of shit... :mad: :(

Missed two early classes, made the later one but only by a hair. I've missed two days now from my part-time job, but luckily I still have my business, so I have one apartment to clean this weekend...I have to make it to that one...

Spyder
06-02-05, 08:07 PM
I hear ya on the feeling like shit...Second headcold for me in the last month and a half as well...went to a friends house, had a couple of beers, and by the time I made it back home, my head had exploded...killer throat pain, headache, gallons of yellow ooze from the nose... ...probably the same as you...Tue. and today were my two days off of work too, so I get to sit at home on the couch and do nothing, rather than hit the road and go tot he mountains as i had planned to. Illumina...Hope you're doing better soon, eh!

Boombotz
06-02-05, 10:25 PM
I hear ya on the feeling like shit...Second headcold for me in the last month and a half as well...went to a friends house, had a couple of beers, and by the time I made it back home, my head had exploded...killer throat pain, headache, gallons of yellow ooze from the nose... ...probably the same as you...Tue. and today were my two days off of work too, so I get to sit at home on the couch and do nothing, rather than hit the road and go tot he mountains as i had planned to. Illumina...Hope you're doing better soon, eh!

Sounds like you got a nasty sinus infection. Those are not to be playing around with.

Ralph
06-02-05, 10:29 PM
For my sinuses I take an old Otrivin bottle and mix my own salt-water mix. Tilt my head back and let it flow BURNING as it travels every millimeter of your passages! Not pleasant, but the only way I have kept bad infection away without serious drugs.

slk230mb
06-02-05, 11:09 PM
Sounds like you got a nasty sinus infection. Those are not to be playing around with.

Yeah, doc said medication is working, most of the infection and congestion is gone. Doc used the scope and found a minor deviated septum, he said it was nothing to worry about.

Spyder
06-03-05, 01:35 AM
Hehehe...will hit the doc up tomorrow if I don't feel better again...the 'ol runny nose and yellow snot has turned a bit red...blowing the crap out so damned much it wore right through to a bloody nose :(