: New Member

4thcaddy
06-01-05, 05:13 PM
I just wanted to say hello to all the Caddy enthusiasts. I have read a lot of information before as a guest and I must say, there are a lot of very intelligent people chatting and that you have answered many of my questions and saved me much money from the dealers. I don't know why I didn't become a member sooner. Just a little background on my caddys. First one fresh out of college, Black Catera, second was a White Diamond Eldo, third was a Platinum Catera Sport, and my fourth and current is a Crimson STS. I will be turning 30 at the end of the year and all of these cars were new. I guess I really love the line and have my sights set on an XLR. Currently have code PO741 TCC showing, dealer said I needed a new tranny @ $3,000. Yeah right! Thanks so much you guys.

D148L0
06-01-05, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the forums.

CADDYBLACK99
06-01-05, 11:20 PM
Welcome!

Thanks for signing up with us.
Your code translates to: P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off, not sure what that means? Good luck.
:welcome:
Paul

Boombotz
06-02-05, 10:52 PM
:welcome: to the forums. Glad you find this site as useful as I do. Sounds like you got a good resume of cars you have owned.

powerglide
06-06-05, 10:03 PM
welcome to the fourms!

Spago11
08-30-05, 08:55 AM
Yes, I'm new to this forum also and find it very helpful and informative.

I just purchased a beautiful 1999 Cadillac Sedan with 70,000 miles and brought it to the dealer for a oil change and chevk over and I have the 741 error code also. Dealer says I need a new transmission and I said yeah right also. Car runs like new. Trans shifts and passing gear and runs smooth.

Did you do anything to fix the code error ?? What's involved? We don't really need a new transmission do we ??

Spago11

I just wanted to say hello to all the Caddy enthusiasts. I have read a lot of information before as a guest and I must say, there are a lot of very intelligent people chatting and that you have answered many of my questions and saved me much money from the dealers. I don't know why I didn't become a member sooner. Just a little background on my caddys. First one fresh out of college, Black Catera, second was a White Diamond Eldo, third was a Platinum Catera Sport, and my fourth and current is a Crimson STS. I will be turning 30 at the end of the year and all of these cars were new. I guess I really love the line and have my sights set on an XLR. Currently have code PO741 TCC showing, dealer said I needed a new tranny @ $3,000. Yeah right! Thanks so much you guys.

addison_ii
08-30-05, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the Forums 4thcaddy.

powerglide
08-30-05, 07:04 PM
Yes, I'm new to this forum also and find it very helpful and informative.

I just purchased a beautiful 1999 Cadillac Sedan with 70,000 miles and brought it to the dealer for a oil change and chevk over and I have the 741 error code also. Dealer says I need a new transmission and I said yeah right also. Car runs like new. Trans shifts and passing gear and runs smooth.

Did you do anything to fix the code error ?? What's involved? We don't really need a new transmission do we ??

Spago11

Try posting the question in the transmission section and or the Deville section (its a deville right?) You will get good info there....in the meantime do a search using the forum search engine or DIC 741.

I am pretty sure the trannys should live longer than that.....you may need a new solenoid or something....dunno