: These forums CAN make a difference. Need proof?

BeelzeBob
02-16-03, 08:44 PM
Click here. (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=662686)

Get the picture?

Dead Sled
02-16-03, 08:50 PM
yeah unfourtunatly I never get what I want :D

But I hope we get that kind of attention here form Cadillac some time.

Allante North *
02-16-03, 08:54 PM
Hey Sal,

Do you think the General and the folks a Cadillac would really listen to what we have to say? I would hope so, but I will believe it when we see it.

Dead Sled
02-16-03, 08:57 PM
I too think it will be a very cold day when they listen to the public and not the neo-ulta-comtemporary super hero designer that thinks he knows what we want.

BeelzeBob
02-16-03, 09:01 PM
Well, there's always a chance.. Who knows how things will be in a couple of years.. I certainly think it's worth a try...

Dead Sled
02-16-03, 09:03 PM
me too it can't hurt

I hope :D

Elvis
02-16-03, 10:07 PM
I spent a lot of time in 2000, 2001, and part of 2002 as a frequent contributor to an independent Honda forum. At the time, Honda/Acura was suing www.honda-acura.net for name infringement or something.

My guess is that each auto manufacturer takes a different view of internet forums like these. I would think that if Honda/Acura had a problem with the information made available on the forums they would instead create their OWN forum where they could censor the content. Instead they just sent out threatening letters and tried to scare off the webmasters/admins.

Good luck, Sal. A forum like this can prove to be very helpful to its membership and enhance the "ownership experience." It can also do more to help SELL cars than any salesman or 0% financing scheme possibly could. Someday they'll figure that out.

Katshot
02-16-03, 10:36 PM
Unfortunately, I've contacted several sources at Cadillac and was just given the corporate line. They are so damn clue-less it just frosts me sometimes.

the Sandman
02-17-03, 07:27 AM
Human nature and the corporate mentality come into play here. It is possible that at some point GM or Cadillac would come to view this community as a valuable resource. However, the way to accomplish this is *not* to invite them in :shhh: - it's to develop into as large, respectable, and productive an endeavor as possible, than wait for tham to come to us.

Allante North *
02-17-03, 07:45 AM
Should we wait for them to find us by accident, and then wait for hell to freeze over?

One of the semi-regular posters on the AllanteNet site is a GM engineer that worked on the Northstar from the beginning and did lots of work on the Allante until it fizzeled. He mentioned doing some high performance work back then with the 4.1L, 4.5L, and the Northstar, but no mention of anything to do with current engines. I will PM him to ask what they are doing now if you like and invite him here if y'all like.

the Sandman
02-17-03, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Allante North *
Should we wait for them to find us by accident, and then wait for hell to freeze over?

One of the semi-regular posters on the AllanteNet site is a GM engineer that worked on the Northstar from the beginning and did lots of work on the Allante until it fizzeled. He mentioned doing some high performance work back then with the 4.1L, 4.5L, and the Northstar, but no mention of anything to do with current engines. I will PM him to ask what they are doing now if you like and invite him here if y'all like. First of all, I'm sure they already know about us. Second, they have lots of people working for them who know how to use the internet search engines and who browse the net for both business and pleasure. Third, I'm not saying we shouldn't have GM or Cadillac individuals posting here, just that as a corporation GM/Cadillac should not be approached - certainly not at this early stage in our development. IMHO of course.

Don't forget, Cadillac is not used to having such a young customer base as they now hope to develop, and are not used to dealing with the youthful enthusiasm such as is found here on this site. They're (hopefully) in a learning curve right now and we need to wait and hope that they can make the transition.

Elvis
02-17-03, 10:58 AM
I heard a thing on NPR several weeks ago where an advertising "critic" was talking about the new Caddy ads with Led Zeppelin, etc. She made it very clear that Caddy's philosophy has changed and now they're after the under-45 demographic. She said it's working extremely well.

elwesso
02-18-03, 09:36 PM
I dont think they are going to listen to us now, but in a year or so they will. If we can have 20k some members, that is a huge hunk of cadillacs sales. They would be stupid not to listen, but then again it is GM

Dead Sled
02-18-03, 09:39 PM
one day they may

elwesso
02-18-03, 09:41 PM
thats great! Thats a keeper

HotRodSaint
02-18-03, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Dead Sled
...and not the neo-ulta-comtemporary super hero designer that thinks he knows what we want.

I think Cadillac's hey day was when they actually had a super hero designer. It's basically been the bean counters calling the shots since the '70's.

HotRodSaint
02-18-03, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by the Sandman
Human nature and the corporate mentality come into play here. It is possible that at some point GM or Cadillac would come to view this community as a valuable resource. However, the way to accomplish this is *not* to invite them in :shhh: - it's to develop into as large, respectable, and productive an endeavor as possible, than wait for tham to come to us.

If you build it, they will come.

But then they might try to destroy it, so start building the walls!! :banghead:

Dead Sled
02-18-03, 10:31 PM
I hope some one comes but not desrtoys

BeelzeBob
02-18-03, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Allante North *
I will PM him to ask what they are doing now if you like and invite him here if y'all like. [/B]

I think that would be a fine idea.. Let's see what happens..

Yes, eventually they'll find us. And it is possible that they try and shut us down. But, I don't think it would be likely. We'll just have to make sure we're on our best behavior. I mean - think about this.. www.blueovalnews.com is a site that talks all about behind the scenes at Ford - all the bad news and controversy, secrets, plans, etcetera - and they're still up and running.. So I think we'll be fine...

We're slowly but surely building up a nice member base here. With a little luck, we'll get more great signups and have a community here that really helps Cadillac owners.. If this can be a place on the internet that helps Cadillac and its owners have a better experience, then we'll be appreciated...

I really hope we help Cadillac sell lots of cars. And I hope we can one day help Cadillac to make even better cars.. Maybe one day they'll want to know our opinion (like Volkswagen does on the Volkswagen forums)... Only time will tell...

In the meantime, keep spreading the world.. The more people we have here, the happier we'll all be with our Cadillacs...

elwesso
02-19-03, 07:14 PM
I have told a few people about it. I also said even if you dont have a caddy, post it up and the nice people here will be able to help.