: Finally found and bought my new car..

Leloz
05-31-05, 06:25 PM
As some of you know I sold my 2004 ESV Platinum last month so I could buy another sports car. I was looking at the MB SL55, Cadillac XLR, 996 TT Porsche, and Dodge Viper. After driving each one extensively, I kept going back to the Porsche. There was just something about those Twin Turbos that mesmerized me. After searching across the country, I found a steal on a 2004 911 Twin Turbo AWD with full leather, Bose, carbon fiber package, stainless exhaust, and more. It has 9,000 miles on it. I pick it up on Friday or Saturday. It has been a good 8 years since my last Porsche.. time to rejoin PCA!

D148L0
05-31-05, 07:14 PM
Excellent, congrats! (I'm a big porsche fan)

powerglide
05-31-05, 07:20 PM
That 911 Turbo AWD is the shiznik!

Congrats.

ShadowLvr400
05-31-05, 07:25 PM
Good stuff. I know from experience, those things will move. Enjoy, and good luck keeping it running strong. (I hear those porche's can be almost as touchy as a rotary.)

slk230mb
05-31-05, 07:28 PM
Cool and good luck with the Porche. Pics when you get it :p

Leloz
05-31-05, 08:57 PM
Thanks! I will be sure to post some pics once it is home and clean.

Ralph
05-31-05, 10:50 PM
But....I wanna be a rich American too! :crying2: :rant2: :crying: ;)

Congrats! How about some pics??

davesdeville
06-01-05, 04:38 AM
I'm sure the Porsche is gonna be nice... but man I'm liking the 76 Eldo in your signature. Never noticed it before.

Playdrv4me
06-01-05, 09:22 AM
:thumbsup:

Adam
06-01-05, 11:14 AM
Congrats man :thumbsup:

Leloz
06-01-05, 04:53 PM
Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Here is a picture of one that is exactly like mine. I can't wait to pick it up on Saturday!

http://members.cox.net/shaheenimport/911turbo1.jpg

Take care,
Abe

D148L0
06-01-05, 04:54 PM
Sweeeeeet!!!!

Ralph
06-01-05, 05:26 PM
A Boxster!!! Just kidding. ;) Apparently many 911 owners don't like that the Boxster looks so much like theirs because they paid a lot more, etc.

Nice color.

Elvis
06-01-05, 05:42 PM
DAYUM!!!!

That's gorgeous!!!

Leloz
06-01-05, 06:31 PM
A Boxster!!! Just kidding. ;) Apparently many 911 owners don't like that the Boxster looks so much like theirs because they paid a lot more, etc.

Nice color.

Haha! That was my main complaint with the regular 996 911s, they looks like pure Boxster all around. The only thing differentiating the Turbo from the Boxster is the front bumper and rear vents (besides the obvious hardtop and lights). Even the 996 911 C4S has the same front bumper as the Turbo.

Leloz
06-03-05, 08:30 PM
Well, I was supposed to pick up my Porsche tomorrow but I received a call with bad news today from the dealership. Basically all we had was a verbal agreement on the deal and another salesman sold it yesterday for more that what I was going to pay. Oh well, this saves me a weekend of driving and now I can look for a better deal :thumbsup:

Leloz
06-05-05, 11:17 AM
Things really can take a 180 degree turn. I went to my local Acura dealership yesterday to look at a 2001 Acura NSX they had advertised in the paper. Three hours later I was the proud owner of a 2005 Acura RL 3.5/AWD. The car is absolutely amazing, it is a technological marvel and for a very fair price! The 300hp 3.5 liter with SH-AWD is wonderful, the car is quick and nimble. Unfortunately they did not have any A-spec models on the lot, but I worked the A-spec suspension and wheels into the deal. Not only has this car saved me money, it also settles better with my wife. I figured I already have the CE Trans Am as a sports car, the Acura is now the perfect daily driver. Basically everything is standard on the new RL, except the wood steering wheel and shifter which mine has. I will try to get some pictures of it later today. It is Premium White Pearl with Parchment leather.

Boombotz
06-05-05, 11:38 AM
Congrats, Thats a nice car. Can't wait to see the pic's

powerglide
06-05-05, 02:01 PM
Talk about a 180!

Congrats again.

Leloz
06-05-05, 09:37 PM
http://members.cox.net/shaheenimport/rl1.JPG

:)

Ralph
06-05-05, 10:09 PM
Porsche, Acura, same thing. :sneaky:

Be sure to check out my old thread in the Vs. section on the RL Vs northstar. I posted a couple good articles and pics of the RL there. If you can't find it I'll post the link here....

Leloz
06-06-05, 12:19 AM
Very different move from the Porsche to the Acura, but I think it is a wiser decision. I was able to pay for this car in full and have the title in my hands as opposed to if I was to buy the Porsche. I also was able to get the car for $46.5K out the door, which is a great deal IMO.

I posted in that thread you made about the RL vs. Northstar, good thread :thumbsup:

davesdeville
06-06-05, 02:38 AM
So what made you skip the Northstar STS? Price? Lack of interior quality? I have to say I liked the interior when I checked one out at my local dealership, although I've never sat in an RL.

fast66
06-06-05, 04:44 AM
Wow... you went from a Turbo to an Acura...what color was the turbo outside and in?

Randy_W
06-06-05, 07:46 AM
From that angle, (front 3/4), it looks like a G6. Congratulations on your support of the Imperial Japanese economy. Of course your other choice would have helped support the Socialest German economy. Before you drive that Acura too far, look at some film of the Bataan death march!:annoyed:

Leloz
06-06-05, 07:59 AM
So what made you skip the Northstar STS? Price? Lack of interior quality? I have to say I liked the interior when I checked one out at my local dealership, although I've never sat in an RL.

Mainly it was the lack of interior quality and the Northstar engine. My 2000 STS Northstar was perfect in every way and I sold it at 106K and it was still running strong. My son has a 2003 DTS Northstar and it is burning 1-2 quarts of oil every 3K and he has only 60K on it. With the new STS, I found everything is an option and I could not find one that had everything I wanted.. and when I did it was close to $60K. Every option is standard on the RL except the A-spec items. Also, if I am going to get an STS, it will be an STS-V. I can't wait to see them when they come out, and if they win my heart over.. bye bye Acura.

Wow... you went from a Turbo to an Acura...what color was the turbo outside and in?

Seal Grey with Black sports seats.

From that angle, (front 3/4), it looks like a G6. Congratulations on your support of the Imperial Japanese economy. Of course your other choice would have helped support the Socialest German economy. Before you drive that Acura too far, look at some film of the Bataan death march!:annoyed:

Yes, it does look like a G6 now that you mention it.. I have bought more American vehicles than I can remember, they just do not make them like they used to. I am sure you have some Japanese made item in your household ;)

adam_mcd
06-06-05, 07:09 PM
...trade that in and get a ford escape hybrid. that certainly would be a 180