: 1958 cadillac

dhs
05-31-05, 07:13 PM
I recently talk to a freind of mines mom, who said her son bought a 1958 cadillac (convertible I think) that he planed to restore, but never got around to it. He's moved out of the country for a while. Anyway it's been sitting around, and she wants to get rid of it. Since I can get it for practically nothing, do you guys think it would be a good idea to restore it and sell it? I have no idea of what they would go for. Just driving it around would be fun too. Does anyone anything more about it? I know it has a 365 with 310hp, but how does it compare in sae hp? Would it keep up with traffic? I don't even want to ask about fuel economy. Is it hard to register a car like this? Does it have to pass emissions?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-01-05, 08:17 PM
well i'd imagine 310 gross hp being close to 200-200hp, which is good w/ all that torque, and fuel "economy" would be like 7-8 mpg i'd imagine, and i dont think its got to pass emissions if its a collector car atleast not in minnesota.

davesdeville
06-03-05, 04:53 AM
It should keep up with traffic fine. And it's an awesome car that you should definately pick up if you can.

kib
08-17-06, 09:07 AM
Is this convertible still for sale ?

kib