: What about these lowering springs?

wildwhl
05-31-05, 01:21 AM
http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/intrax/cadillacctsloweringsprings.html

Anyone ever heard of them?

Intrax Lowering Springs

Fits: 2004-2005 Cadillac CTS (5.7l V-8)

Notes: Front - 1.2", Rear - 1.2",

Dennisscars
05-31-05, 01:25 AM
linkie, no workie

wildwhl
05-31-05, 01:27 AM
Hmm...just tried it and it worked again...

http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/intrax/cadillacctsloweringsprings.html

P.S. - nice Avatar...me thinking beltie no workie :hide:

thebigjimsho
05-31-05, 02:04 AM
Pretty good springs. Many of the SHO guys were running them. They tend to have a more aggressive stance and a little bit harsher ride than the Eibachs or H&R. But that's also only on 1 type of car. It may be a bit more civilized for the V.

Dreamin
05-31-05, 02:49 AM
Good find! Someone call them and find out: linear or progressive and spring rates...

Intrax Suspension Technology Inc.
2162 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
Telephone: (949) 252-0800
FAX: (949) 252-0840
Technical Support: (949) 252-0800
Sales inquiries: sales@intraxsuspension.com
Tech questions: technical@intraxsuspension.com
Everything else: general@intraxsuspension.com

lasstss
05-31-05, 10:14 AM
Good find! Someone call them and find out: linear or progressive and spring rates...

2162 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612

I had them on my impala. Pulled them after a week. THey were so stiff I thought I was driving a go cart. One good thing, unlike the eibachs they would not bottom out! Hopefully better on the V?

Dennisscars
05-31-05, 11:13 AM
Hmm...just tried it and it worked again...

P.S. - nice Avatar...me thinking beltie no workie :hide:

Linkie workie this morning, I guess my j-clip popped off the thingus.

I got the belt to stay on this time, it kept throwing it around 10K rpm. :thumbsup:

DgtalPimp
05-31-05, 07:24 PM

2162 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612

What makes Cadillac CTS Intrax springs better? Intrax designs most of its Cadillac CTS lowering kits with progressive rates, to satisfy the two features you've asked for most. First, the lowered look. Most other brands' springs are linear rate, as this is cost-effective but doesn't necessarily provide the visual effect you desire. By designing a progressive spring, we achieve the lowered look while maintaining safety standards of spring preload at suspension droop. The second requirement is ride quality. Since most of you identified that you drove 90% of your mileage to and from work, you wanted to retain the same ride quality enjoyed with OE springs. If you're driving to work on a racetrack, "Sport" or "Race" springs from other brands may be for you. Cadillac CTS Intrax progressive springs provide high performance looks and comfortable ride quality.

Intrax creates the finest Cadillac CTS springs, from start to finish. Cadillac CTS Intrax springs begin the forming process with cold winding to the most exacting standards. Within two hours of forming, springs are stress relieved in an oven (not to be confused with heat treating), and then shot peened to remove surface imperfections and further relieve internal stress. This can extend service life of a spring up to 200% or more. Next, the spring is "blocked" (wound to a longer length than required, and set in a hydraulic press to obtain designed free length). This eliminates the "settling" other brands require, due to the lower cost of their production processes. Finally, springs are Phosphate coated for corrosion resistance, and electrostatically powder coated to ensure a lifetime of outstanding looks.

Progressive springs, rates were not listed. Currently $244.30 with free shipping.

wildwhl
05-31-05, 07:30 PM
Posted findings in another thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41710

"Spoke with Scott @ Intrax this afternoon.

The springs are vaporware at the moment. Won't be available until July or so (sound familar?)...so...that's what I know. They are a progressive spring that will obviously ride stiffer...and beyond that -"

ace996
06-01-05, 01:13 AM
Unfortunately, for me, those are rice-dirt. Intrax designed a spring to lhave "high performance look" and have a comfortable ride...I'd have more respect for a Civic owner who cut the stock springs. No doubt the V would handle like crap with drop-comfort springs. Sorry for the rant, I just don't understand why looks would take the forefront of performance...Drop springs....what next?...20" spinners??? I'm disgusted....