: best choice?

customGTP
05-30-05, 08:33 PM
Well im building headers and exhaust to end just short of the rear wheels. I need a muffler that sounds mean under WOT but will have a nice rumble and lope sounds at idle...

any ideas?

davesdeville
05-31-05, 12:37 AM
I like the way my Northstar sounds through it's Magnaflows. It would sound meaner without a cat and resonator but it's about right as is for me.

customGTP
05-31-05, 02:38 AM
any sound clips out there?

davesdeville
05-31-05, 05:13 AM
I have a couple vids of Cadillacs with aftermarket mufflers. They're on my site: http://www.500caddy.us and click Videos. Two are an STS comparing stock to Magnaflows. Two more are of a nice green Eldo with some mufflers that I don't remember the brand. Woodshoe is sending me a couple videos of his Magnaflow equipped STS, they should be up by tomorrow evening.

But then again you can hardly tell what these cars sound like in real life with all the quality loss that inevitably happens between recording, saving, transferring, downloading, and playing these files. I guess it'll give you some idea though.

If anyone can identify the Eldo, the mufflers on it, and the owners of the STS and Eldo featured in these videos please drop me an email. I've got 9 other vids of various Cadillacs to upload tomorrow.

Spyder
05-31-05, 12:58 PM
huh...I think I like the stock STS sound better, myself...weird... I do really like the eldo sound with those mufflers though...

davesdeville
05-31-05, 06:21 PM
I think that's because he was revving it higher with the stock mufflers. You can tell the Magnaflows have a lot more bass though.

customGTP
05-31-05, 11:02 PM
I picked up a set of Dynomax Super Turbos today gents...

I'll keep ya posted on how it sounds in a few days