Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Night Wolf 
#1 ·
I was wondering because looking at the back of mine I was thinking it might look better w/ out them but I like the front ones, and if it was an option then I'll just leave the back ones too.

#2 ·
lacmang said:
I was wondering because looking at the back of mine I was thinking it might look better w/ out them...
All of them came with bumper guards. But not all of them have them. ;)

If you remove them, you will need to find something to cover the holes that will be left.

More Pic's and Spec’s Here.

#3 ·
HotRodSaint said:
All of them came with bumper guards. But not all of them have them. ;)

If you remove them, you will need to find something to cover the holes that will be left.

[/URL]
Yeah, I tried to find the post where you took yours off, but I couldn't find it. Do you have any pics of the just the back with em off, If I take em off I'm gonna re-chrome my bumper. I like the front ones but looking at the back one I was thinking it might look better without em.

#4 ·
My '93 has fronts only and no rears since the last owner had a continental kit on the car and never put the guards back on back there, so it had 4 holes when we bought it.

Using a bolt, a nut, and license plate chrome caps, we plugged the little holes and have a MUCH cleaner, nicer looking back bumper. I like the look even more after seeing so many that still have the guards on the back, but I can't find any pictures on my computer....I'll snap some tomorrow and post. :cool:

#7 ·
Ditto That!

carguy16 said:
Why would you want to take them off for!? They are going to save your ass in an accident, or at least help it out. My bumper is in great condition, some chips in the finish, but its reusable.
IF YOU GET CREAMED FROM THE REAR, EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS. :drinker :crying2: :crying:

#10 ·
HotRodSaint said:
Because the bumper looks cleaner without them.

And if I recall correctly they are plastic, so they will do very little to help you in an accident.
MAYBE ON YOUR '96 THEY ARE PLASTIC, ON MY '93 THEY ARE SOLID CAST IRON BUMPERETTES!(FRONT AND REAR) :banghead:

:drinker

#12 ·
carguy16 said:
Why would you want to take them off for!? They are going to save your ass in an accident, or at least help it out. My bumper is in great condition, some chips in the finish, but its reusable.
Well looking at it I'm just thinking it'll look better without em. I really don't think they'll make that big of a difference in an accident. I'm even thinking of taking the front ones off too now. I really want to set mine apart from other Fleetwoods and improve its looks at the same time.

#13 ·
Yup solid steel on my 93 also. Plastic,,, Dude this is a full size Cadillac were talking about.

JAKE91 said:
MAYBE ON YOUR '96 THEY ARE PLASTIC, ON MY '93 THEY ARE SOLID CAST IRON BUMPERETTES!(FRONT AND REAR) :banghead:

:drinker

#14 ·
codewize said:
Plastic,,, Dude this is a full size Cadillac were talking about.
It's a fullsized GM, badged as a Cadillac.

How many other 'premium' manufacturers would have used plastic for their fender trim? And especially the cheap, let's all watch the chrome peel in the sun, variety!

#16 ·
lacmang said:
Well looking at it I'm just thinking it'll look better without em. I really don't think they'll make that big of a difference in an accident. I'm even thinking of taking the front ones off too now. I really want to set mine apart from other Fleetwoods and improve its looks at the same time.
Yeah... set it apart from the other Fleetwoods.... but make it just like all the other cars out there....

I persoanlly love the bumperettes on the Caddys... gosh, they make the car, and I could never think about removing mine....

#18 ·
HotRodSaint said:
Just how many other car's out there have chrome bumpers? :hmm:
Today? no cars...

but the Fleetwood isn;t a new car... it is now 10 years old...

How many cars have a simple "bumper" and thats it?

Hell, my '89 Oldsmobile has chrome bumpers

Just my opinion though, I think the bumperettes give the car a baddas look, while still retaining the luxury... kinda like mini push guards on a truck....

that is 1 reason why I like the '92-'97 Seville more (in that aspect) then the '98-'04 Seville.... it still had bumperettes (though they were black)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.