: service engine light is on

10-27-03, 05:57 PM
ok, i just installed an k@n cone filter, on the end of my stock intake tube, i moved the air temp sensor and placedit onto the elbow and whatnot, a relativiley clean and professional installation, needless to say i drove around for a while and everything was peachy, then all of a sudden i felt a pop, then the car started to buck and run like shit, hesitating and stalling, the check engine light came on and i got a service emission systems message on the DIC. when the light turned off the car ran smooth as hell, then the light came back on and has been on ever since, i thought maybe it was the o2 sensors from all the extra air the engine is getting but im actually baffled, and concerned b/c im hoping i didnt mess anythign up b/c caddies arent the cheapest cars to fix, has anyone had the same problem? and info on how to fix this and what to do would be greatly accpeted.

10-27-03, 07:07 PM
Sounds to me like you messed up the MAF..... Maybe.....

Do an OBD..... Tell us what codes come up......

Do that by pressing off/warmer at the same time, and telling us what codes come up........

10-27-03, 11:22 PM
ok i did the obd test and i got a bunch of numbers

pc 0113
pc 0101
pc 1111
pc 1520
pc 1599
then i got
no ipc
no sdm
no tcs
no acm
no rss
no pzm
no irc
then i got
rf 2560
then i got

where can i go to look up these codes to figure the hell out whats wrong?

10-27-03, 11:46 PM
I don't have a manual here but have you tried replacing the stock setup and seeing if it runs OK?

10-28-03, 01:13 AM
judging by the codes that i got i figured out the problem a P0101, and a P 0113, and a P 111 all indicate intake air temp sensor problems,when is installed the new intake setup i had to relocate the intake air temp sensor to the new pipe going into the intake, if im not mistaken those damn thing are real sensitive, i dropped that bitch on the ground when i pryed it loose from the stock intake box, i probably broke it and thats why my car is runnin like shit, good thing i work at and auto parts store, get the goods cheap! and good thing for this website i hope this is the problem and i can fix it

10-28-03, 07:35 PM
To interprit the codes...... Simply goto the lounge and look in the HELPFUL CADDY LINKS thread...... There are a few websites that translate them.......!