: Introducing

20 Feet_Strong
05-30-05, 12:53 AM
Hey guys. I've been lurking around this site for the past few weeks reading up on late 60's devilles w/ the hope of finding a nice candidate to purchase. Well, I finally found one, and I jumped on it. Its 66 coupe deville hardtop. No rust and already primered. Original white leather interior which is in great shape, the leather just needs to be conditioned. The car also doesnt run right now, the owner believes it has something to do with the carb, and the car is in pieces but thats really no biggie. I got it for $600 with all the parts in great shape, original owner's manual, shop manual and a whole bunch of other books and extra stuff. I'm very excited about this new project. I just got finished putting together a nice Honda accord and I'm ready to take on a new project. I'm pretty good with imports, but this is my first stab at a domestic. So this will def be a learning experience. I just want a nice weekend cruiser, so the only real big plans are rims and possibly lowering or air ride. I've been searching for info on fitting 20s or 22s on this site but havent found anything. I also searched for info on lowering with no success either. If you guys know anything, please let me know. Well, I'm glad to be here, and I hope to learn a lot from you all as I am sure I will.

sizanjdf
05-30-05, 01:26 AM
sounds like an awesome car...domestic I dont think is the word your looking for...American Luxury maybe though...Hope you get the info you need and Im looking forward to seeing pics

davesdeville
05-30-05, 01:48 AM
It was made here in the US, it's a domestic if there ever was one. I'm sure 22s will fit since I've seen them on that body style but IMO 20s look better, more in proportion.