: Football appreciation thread

shaggygrosser
10-27-03, 02:23 PM
Since baseball season is officially over, it's time to focus on the main event, Football!!!

Middle of the season and it's shaping up to be another great year... except this time the Chiefs are a perfect 8-0 with an impressive humiliation of Buffalo last night.

Sound off with your trash-talk!

JJhomer83
10-27-03, 02:28 PM
Since baseball season is officially over, it's time to focus on the main event, Football!!!

Middle of the season and it's shaping up to be another great year... except this time the Chiefs are a perfect 8-0 with an impressive humiliation of Buffalo last night.

Sound off with your trash-talk!

Go KC you guys deserve it,
F the following teams

NY giants,
pacells cowboys
bucs

Eagles need a new coach

Elvis
10-27-03, 02:57 PM
The Tuna RULES!

I'm impressed as hell with KC and the Priest. Vermeil is one helluva coach.

I'm pulling for Indy, though. Peyton Manning is like a coach on the field calling the plays. He's tough to beat. Their defense is weak, though. Too many arm tackles, and they're awfully small.

Don't forget about college football. Ole Miss is the only undefeated team in the SEC. First time since 1970 when Peyton's daddy Archie was their QB.

Ole Miss has a pretty good QB right now--a kid by the name of Eli. Yep, he's a Manning, too.

(I'm not a fan of the University of Mississippi, but they're only about an hour's drive from where I live, so I hear this crap every day.)

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-03, 03:18 PM
yah , racing season is winding down , im shift my focus over to football too , my bucs have incurred to many injuries to be a real threat IMHO , but i still pull for them as for collage ....i miss the old notre dame with lou holts calling the shots

AirJigga25
10-27-03, 05:51 PM
P
A
T
S
!

davesdeville
10-27-03, 09:21 PM
Go Chiefs.

Screw the Cowboys, screw Denver.

All I have to say about that.

shaggygrosser
10-28-03, 03:19 PM
My brother's a Denver fan, which makes things very interesting this time of year :bouncy:

JJhomer83
11-17-03, 03:23 PM
My brother's a Denver fan, which makes things very interesting this time of year :bouncy:

Chiefs lost YEAH screw the chiefs here come the eagles. 5 wins in a row

AirJigga25
11-17-03, 03:27 PM
Guess who was at the Pats game last night??

My first NFL football game live...and my pats handed those weak little cowgirls a spankin!! actually it was only 12-0, but at least it was a shutout!bouncer:

JJhomer83
11-17-03, 03:31 PM
Guess who was at the Pats game last night??

My first NFL football game live...and my pats handed those weak little cowgirls a spankin!! actually it was only 12-0, but at least it was a shutout!bouncer:

that's great,
I went to my first football game yesterday too. The eagles schooled the giants. and the best part it i got in for FREEEEEEEEE yeahh

AirJigga25
11-17-03, 03:41 PM
that's great,
I went to my first football game yesterday too. The eagles schooled the giants. and the best part it i got in for FREEEEEEEEE yeahh
Thats awesome...i went to 4 playoff redsox playoff games this year for free. I love the eagles though...they're my second favorite team. I paid $250 for a pair of nice tickets yesterday...the bankaccount took a serious hit.

Pats/Eagles superbowl would be a dream come true!

JJhomer83
11-17-03, 03:46 PM
Thats awesome...i went to 4 playoff redsox playoff games this year for free. I love the eagles though...they're my second favorite team. I paid $250 for a pair of nice tickets yesterday...the bankaccount took a serious hit.

Pats/Eagles superbowl would be a dream come true!

The funny thing is that i do like the pats too that would be a great match up. I have a bledsoe and a bradey jersey and an old school hat.
I got in free b/c i handed out the rally towels for the game

AirJigga25
11-17-03, 03:47 PM
The funny thing is that i do like the pats too that would be a great match up. I have a bledsoe and a bradey jersey and an old school hat.
I got in free b/c i handed out the rally towels for the game
i hope you kept a couple for yourself.

JJhomer83
11-17-03, 03:49 PM
i hope you kept a couple for yourself.

I brought home around 15-20 of them. There great golf/bowling towels :)
If anyone ever gets a chance to see the new lincoln finacial field in philly don't pass it up its amazing

Mad'lac
11-17-03, 03:53 PM
All I can say is Go Texans!!!! Yeah we suck but I'll still follow them.

Death to the Forty-whiners!!!!!!!

AirJigga25
11-17-03, 03:56 PM
All I can say is Go Texans!!!! Yeah we suck but I'll still follow them.

Death to the Forty-whiners!!!!!!!
that is refreshing that you like the Texans and not the Cowboys.!

JJhomer83
11-17-03, 03:59 PM
that is refreshing that you like the Texans and not the Cowboys.!

Go texans damn parcells cowboys

Mad'lac
11-17-03, 04:03 PM
lol I can't stand the screw-up Jerry Jones. I used to be an Oilers fan but then they left for Tenn. What sucks here is the fact that even though San Antonio is much closer to Houston than Dallas, the sportcasters here say its a Dallas Cowboys town. What really pisses me off is the fact that City Council PAID the Cowboys to practice here!!!!!!

davesdeville
11-17-03, 04:37 PM

9-1 is still the best rec in the leauge, and the eagles aren't even ranked at the top of the nfc east. (Wish the eagles were though so the cowpies weren't)

I'm down with the H town so I have to like the Texans some even though they suck.

03EscaladeAWD
11-17-03, 05:46 PM
Goto heck cowboys.
GO PACKERS!!!
We beat the bucs and the Vikes lost to the Raiders. We still have a chance!!!!

tru504187211
11-17-03, 05:53 PM
Record doesnt show the talent...but show me a QB as durable, effective, fast, etc as #4. Packers WILL be playing in January.

shaggygrosser
11-18-03, 05:32 PM

puh-leeze. :histeric:

The Chiefs' loss only gives them a chance to tweak their game plan and refocus what to practice for the rest of the season. One loss 2/3 through the season isn't going to kill them... especially if it's their only loss so far.

Much better than losing in the playoffs and getting elimated.... A story that the Eagles know too well. ;)
:o

JJhomer83
11-18-03, 11:43 PM
puh-leeze. :histeric:

The Chiefs' loss only gives them a chance to tweak their game plan and refocus what to practice for the rest of the season. One loss 2/3 through the season isn't going to kill them... especially if it's their only loss so far.

Much better than losing in the playoffs and getting elimated.... A story that the Eagles know too well. ;)
:o

I am picking the Chiefs to go to the bowl this year. I know they are playing great this year as a team. There record shows it. Eagles I think they will do the same thing as last year. There like freshman in high school the blow there load to early and f things up

Mad'lac
11-19-03, 12:01 AM
Hate to say it but I don't think the Pigeons(Eagles) will beat Dallas. Parcel gots that team rolling along full of confident in winning their own division. What do y'all think about what Tampa did with K. Johnson? Knowing how well him and Bill gets along, I think he may wind up with the Cowboys next year.

AirJigga25
11-19-03, 09:23 AM
Hate to say it but I don't think the Pigeons(Eagles) will beat Dallas. Parcel gots that team rolling along full of confident in winning their own division. What do y'all think about what Tampa did with K. Johnson? Knowing how well him and Bill gets along, I think he may wind up with the Cowboys next year.Keyshawn got what he deserved. He was a distraction and couldn't except his role on the team and Gruden & management did what they had to do...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-19-03, 09:55 AM
no one in tampa misses him , matter of fact one guy ont he news said "i wish the fans would have known earlier there would be 75000 bucaneer fans helping him pack his furniture"

i in fact dont miss him at all , we need to get rid of a few more "non team players" there is more to football than a paycheck

sad part is while this guy sits at home polishing his escalade dureing the games we will still be paying him like he is playing

seems some have given up after picking up a ring , as a tampa fan im a little pissed over how this season was played , im wondering of the injurys are genuine or if there fakin

Elvis
11-19-03, 10:20 AM
There are at least two dozen more players in the NFL who need the same treatment Keyshawn is getting. Unfortunately, Gruden is the only coach in the league with balls enough to do it. I applaud him.

shaggygrosser
11-19-03, 11:12 AM
Has anyone else seen the NFL commercial with Gruden and the crazed fan that helps open the door to his Cadillac XLR, but ends up scraping the bottom of the door on the curb?

Does anyone know if John Gruden really drives an XLR (wouldn't surprise me, those cars are HOT)? It's pretty painful though to see someone tear up the door though.

Anyways, I thought I'd tie in some Caddy talk w/ football talk.

AirJigga25
11-19-03, 12:23 PM
Has anyone else seen the NFL commercial with Gruden and the crazed fan that helps open the door to his Cadillac XLR, but ends up scraping the bottom of the door on the curb?

Does anyone know if John Gruden really drives an XLR (wouldn't surprise me, those cars are HOT)? It's pretty painful though to see someone tear up the door though.

Anyways, I thought I'd tie in some Caddy talk w/ football talk.
Yeah I've seen it! funny...

Tom Brady drives an Escalade...remember he won it for being the MVP of the 2001 Super Bowl?? I just picked up a poster from the dealer this week that advertises Tom Brady being a Cadillac driver.

03EscaladeAWD
11-19-03, 02:43 PM
Record doesnt show the talent...but show me a QB as durable, effective, fast, etc as #4. Packers WILL be playing in January.
Amen to that, and thats what I've been telling everyone. Even the announcers have been saying it. Most people say to me "Hey, if he's the best, whats up with 5-5?" We need new recievers!!!! Thats what!

shaggygrosser
11-19-03, 03:41 PM
Amen to that, and thats what I've been telling everyone. Even the announcers have been saying it. Most people say to me "Hey, if he's the best, whats up with 5-5?" We need new recievers!!!! Thats what!

I've got a lots of respect for a QB that will play with a shattered thumb on his throwing hand. I was watching the Green Bay/Philly game and my girlfriend was wondering why they wouldn't bench Favre after having the ball squirt out of his hand a few times. I told her, "Trust me, no one wants to be known as the 'Coach who benched Favre'."

AirJigga25
11-19-03, 03:59 PM
I've got a lots of respect for a QB that will play with a shattered thumb on his throwing hand. I was watching the Green Bay/Philly game and my girlfriend was wondering why they wouldn't bench Favre after having the ball squirt out of his hand a few times. I told her, "Trust me, no one wants to be known as the 'Coach who benched Favre'."
He's the toughest guy in history. Favre's consecutive games played streak is more impressive than Ripkens. He's a quarterback, in a contact sport, with 290 pound defensive ends chasing him around and pummeling his body into the turf.

Can't say enough about #4.

davesdeville
11-19-03, 09:41 PM

Farve is solid. But this isn't the National Quarterback Leauge, it's the National Football Leauge and for that you need 21 people besides your QB.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-20-03, 06:31 PM
reminds me of that budwieser ad , "but theres no i in team " ...."there aint no we either"

ill keep my eyes peeled for the gruden xlr thing ...

bernie
11-21-03, 05:38 AM
The title was about football,so I thought we were talking about football :bonkers: (I guess you call it soccer)... Anyway, I`d say that Real Madrid will win this year :sneaky:

shaggygrosser
11-21-03, 03:58 PM
The title was about football,so I thought we were talking about football :bonkers: (I guess you call it soccer)... Anyway, I`d say that Real Madrid will win this year :sneaky:

dig it, I'm a soccer (football) player too.

Where it's 'boots' instead of 'cleats', and 'stockings' instead of 'socks', and 'offsides' means that the offensive player is closer to the goal than the furthest back defender before the ball was kicked by the offensive player's teammate.

But I guess to clarify, this thread was geared more toward futbol americano.

catbert
11-21-03, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=shaggygrosser]Since baseball season is officially over, it's time to focus on the main event, Football!!!

I can't comment on professional football. We don't have a professional tean here in Arizona.

Mad'lac
11-22-03, 12:30 PM
Do the Cardinals count?

catbert
11-22-03, 03:51 PM
Do the Cardinals count?

Absolutely not - have you seen them play? :vomit:

Mad'lac
11-22-03, 06:04 PM
Absolutely not - have you seen them play? :vomit:
Ok you got me there. But at least you get to see professional teams come to town to play them. I'm sure that counts for something.

shaggygrosser
12-09-03, 11:35 AM
this post comes a little late, but meh...

The Chiefs and I got to eat humble pie this weekend... it was delicious. congrats Denver on a certified arse whooping.

but K-State and I got to taste sweet victory over Oklahoma... it was even deliciouserererer. Certified domination of the "best college team assembled... ever". Hope we didn't kill Jason White's Heisman running. :sneaky:

oh yeah, tostitos in the fiesta bowl taste good too. :p

AirJigga25
12-09-03, 12:58 PM
The PATS baby are now in the DRIVERS SEAT in the AFC!

HALLELUJAH WOOP WOOP

shaggygrosser
12-09-03, 01:11 PM
hell yeah, I've got New England as my fantasy football defense, they racked up 35 points for me by dropping elbows all over Miami.

but technically NE is sharing the drivers seat with KC in the AFC... for now :sneaky:

AirJigga25
12-09-03, 01:52 PM
NO

Technically NE holds the tie breaker.:bouncy: :devil: :p :cool:

shaggygrosser
12-09-03, 02:05 PM
really? I haven't looked that deep into it other than their w/l records. enlighten me.

update:
I do stand corrected, New England's better conference record edges themselves to the top AFC spot.

davesdeville
12-09-03, 06:32 PM
We'll see come Feb. 1.

AirJigga25
01-19-04, 11:11 AM
Patriots Baby!!!

We're Super Bowl bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :coolgleam

AirJigga25
01-19-04, 11:12 AM
Patriots Baby!!!

We're Super Bowl bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :coolgleam
what happened to my signature?

shaggygrosser
01-19-04, 11:50 AM
Congrats, The Patriots really are the hottest team in the NFL now.

Maybe next season, KC will revamp their defense so that they can stay in contention. They've already started with a new defensive coordinator.

AirJigga25
01-19-04, 11:54 AM
Congrats, The Patriots really are the hottest team in the NFL now.

Maybe next season, KC will revamp their defense so that they can stay in contention. They've already started with a new defensive coordinator.
you guys have to get d i c k vermeil to stop crying all the time.

Anyway...the pats game was crazy yesterday. I was working as a bouncer at the boston sports grille and we had the news stations there, hundreds of diehard fans getting wasted and cheering on the pats. haaaaaaaaaa...it was crazy.
Winning and going to the Super Bowl makes it hard to concentrate at work.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-19-04, 12:42 PM
them pats beatter put a hurting on them panthers , im pretty sure everyone in tampa is pullin for the pats after what they did to us ....

CADDYBLACK99
01-19-04, 01:28 PM
P-A-T-R-I-O-T-S ALL THE WAY!
One win at a time..... Big Defense. March down the field (punt on 3rd down I think not!) I feel they will be SB Champs. They worked hard for it

Elvis
01-19-04, 01:38 PM
The score in the Pats game was misleading. It was really more like a 42-6 blowout.

Belichick has Manning's number. If I were him, I'd be looking for a trade to the NFC! :histeric:

tru504187211
01-19-04, 01:48 PM
One phrase on who NE should be playing...4th and 26. I still have nightmares a week later.

03EscaladeAWD
01-20-04, 05:14 PM
One phrase on who NE should be playing...4th and 26. I still have nightmares a week later.
Ahh dont remind me. Who was the guy that said we would be playing in January? I doubted him, but miracle number 1! We got the winning streak going. Miracle number 2! Cardinals score last second touchdown against vikings. Miracle number 3! It literally hurts me to think about it. 4th and 26! ARG! Fruity refs didnt even bother to measure it. Me, I think the game would've been saved by Ahman Green if he hadn't tripped over Whale on the 1 yard line!!!!!
Oh well theres always (not) next year! For now, I will (again) have to choose a team to root for in the superbowl. I live in NC, and I hate the Eagles now, so go PANTHERS! :crying:

AirJigga25
01-22-04, 11:51 AM
I can't wait for the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo hooooooooooooooo!

Go Patriots!

http://www.jamn945.com/media/Hey%20Ya%20remix%20with%20Kahleil.asx

patriots fans click here ^^^^ make sure you have audio.

Frosty
01-22-04, 05:18 PM
That was first down on 4 and 26...no need to measure it...I can post clips of the catch I captured on my computer while watching it on TV(ATI ALL in Wonder cards rock)

But alas, I'm a disgruntal Eagles fan....they need some damn wide recievers....

ah well, I hope NE picks apart Carolina, which they will because I still don't think the Panthers are that great of a team...

AirJigga25
01-30-04, 11:36 AM
UP!

SUPERBOWL ON SUNDAY Baby!!

Patriots over the Panthers 24-12.

*can't wait*

*I wore my Bruschi jersey to work today* ha ha

tru504187211
01-30-04, 09:50 PM
Should have been something like January '97...

Green Bay 35 New England 21....sounds perfect!

FOURTH AND TWENTYSIX.

Frosty
01-31-04, 12:49 AM
FOURTH AND TWENTYSIX.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ShadowLvr400
01-31-04, 12:58 AM
I'll take the Panthers. 2 Reasons, 1, many of you seem to think the Panthers are the underdog, and 2, cus I'm a southerner, gonna root for a southern team. Sorta. Doubt I'll even watch the game.