: 1995 Seville. Security Light stays on and it's a pain to get the key out. WTF?

JC316
05-29-05, 02:45 AM
Ever since I got my Seville the damned securtiy light stays on while I am driving and it is really annoying. The alarm works fine, my key has it's pellets, and it runs fine, but the light stays on. Also it is a real pain in the ass to get the key out. I have to wrench the ignition back and pull the key out while I have pressure on the two tabs, plus to start it I have to pull back on the ignition and then push forward. Is this normal behaviour for the key and could the two problems be related?

CadillacIon
05-22-06, 06:22 PM
I am having this same problem with my Eldorado '95. Except, I have no problems getting my key out.

JC316
05-23-06, 01:34 PM
Damn, this was one of my first posts, I forgot about it. My security light still stays on, but I think I know why. The reason the key was so hard to pull out was becuase the gear shift selector safety button was stuck(The button you pull to get it out of park). This in turn caused the key not to release, in the typical fashion of the gorrilla that owned the car before me, he simply pulled back on the ignition switch till he broke it and could get the key out. I think since he broke it, it has triggered the security light.