: 1995 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight V. 1995 Park Avenue V. 1995 Bonneville

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-29-05, 02:37 AM
Yah, i know this is out of place in a cadillac forums site, but back when i was selling the roadmaster, i had originally planned on getting a full size GM FWD with the 3800 V6. I had narrowed it down to an 91-96 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Elite, Pontiac Bonneville SSE, Or a Buick Park Avenue. Now, i had driven all of these, and for the most part, i would have taken the Ninety Eight, due to its great interior design, especially the digital dash. But im very glad i never bought any of these. I remember the day after i sold my roadmaster, i went out to look at some 91-93 Sedan Devilles, I drove a few, fell in love with the interior design, exterior design and the powerful 4.9 After i drove the 92 Sedan Deville, I came across this 1992 Ninety Eight Regency Elite for sale It was black exterior on black leather, and it had that supercool digital dash with about a million buttons. I drove it, and decided that no amount of buttons could take me away from the Deville, plus the 170hp 3800 was a dog compared to the 4.9, so i waited a few days, my dad called me from N.D. telling me he put a reserve on the deville i own now. I'm so glad i didnt buy the Oldsmobile.. But anyways...long digression... what would you guys choose of the Bonneville SSE, Ninety Eight Regency Elite or Park Avenue? and why that pick

davesdeville
05-29-05, 04:18 AM
Park Avenue Ultra. My friend has the 170hp 3800 in his 91 Park Ave, and yeah it's no fast mover. But the car has pillowtop leather seats and pretty much every luxury option available in 1991 like the pull down trunk, sliding dimmer lighted vanity mirrors, dual zone climate control, etc. I like riding in that car. This summer it will probably be getting a series 2 supercharged 3800 with a cam, intercooler or water injection, and smaller pully for hopefully 270-290 FWHP. (Of course the ETC will get nitrous before it's done - can't have him faster now can I?)

Night Wolf
05-29-05, 09:14 PM
I would choose Oldsmobile... just because I am loyal to them... but that generation just looked pretty bad outside...

honestly, if it were me, I would get a Bonnieville SSEi... I can't see getting the SSE, then for not much more you can get the SSEi, more fun toys inside... and power to rival the 4.9

ownign both a 1989 165hp 3800 and a 1993 200hp 4.9, and driving both all the time, I will say the Caddy is more powerful... most of all, the transmission, the electronic controlled trans... shifts so nice at the perfect time... all the time. The Olds is no sloutch though, mine has the optional 2.93 gears, so it is actually pretty quick....

Also keep in mind I get 22/32 mpg with the Olds... on regular gas, while I get about 16/24 with the DeVille on premium.... power is only part of it....

1996 with the Series II s/c 3800.... now your talking power!

BeelzeBob
05-29-05, 11:49 PM
Just an FYI. www.oldsmobileforums.com has been getting busy.. For all you Oldsmobile owners and enthusiasts..

illumina
05-29-05, 11:57 PM
Hmm...Dull vs. boring vs. slow...I would go with the boring one (Park Avenue) becaue of the three, it is probably the most luxurious with a decent amout of power to boot.

*Disclaimer*

I know that they're all rated at the same power in those years (1995).

Jesda
05-30-05, 12:55 AM
You'll enjoy being inside the Park Avenue the most. It had one of the most luxurious interiors of its time. However, the Bonneville wins hands down for style.

RocketFast321
05-30-05, 01:32 AM
92era SSEi :)

Sandy
05-30-05, 10:25 AM
Olds 98 Regency Brougham all the way. Ride like a King!

Night Wolf
05-30-05, 03:42 PM
Just an FYI. www.oldsmobileforums.com has been getting busy.. For all you Oldsmobile owners and enthusiasts..

I got the e-mail... and checked it out... still pretty dead...

I woudln't mind being a mod though :)

90Brougham350
05-30-05, 04:58 PM
Olds 98 Regency Brougham all the way. Ride like a King!

Bingo.

Brian

Playdrv4me
05-30-05, 10:48 PM
I cant stand the roofline of any of those cars, but if I had to be in one it would be a Bonneville SSEi.

brougham
05-30-05, 11:21 PM
Out of those cars I like the Park Avenue Ultra and the Olds 98 Regency Elite the best. I used to say that id consider getting one of those Park Avenues but someone I know has one and they aren't very comfortable for long drives. It was a nice car to drive but I don't think I want one anymore. I also don't like how small the dashboard is around the speedometer. That kind of Olds 98 looks better then the older ones do but I don't know what they're like to drive in.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-05, 06:06 PM
i've driven all of these, and i would have to go with the oldsmobile b/c of the awesome digital dash and i really like how they designed the interior, plus its not a car you see a lot. but i dont exactly like the very back of the roofline and the front end looks kinda dumb.

davesdeville
06-15-05, 03:04 AM
I used to say that id consider getting one of those Park Avenues but someone I know has one and they aren't very comfortable for long drives.

Someone I know also has a Park Ave, a 91. And I strongly disagree, it's great for long drives.