: code help please

Hason560
10-27-03, 01:17 PM
hello all. okay heres what i have. i have a 96 deville and i keep getting a service engine soon light and once in a while the rpms drop below 500 occasilly stalling out. i got a message on the display that said cheak emmisions system. now i dont get that message any more but i pulled the codes and i havent been abel to find out anywhere what my code mean. here is the one that is current and if anyone can help me with this one i wil;l list the ones in the history. here it is PZ2719 current. and can anyone tell me why when it goes trhough all of the codes it says PCM? okay thanks to anyone who can help.

Katshot
10-27-03, 02:14 PM
hello all. okay heres what i have. i have a 96 deville and i keep getting a service engine soon light and once in a while the rpms drop below 500 occasilly stalling out. i got a message on the display that said cheak emmisions system. now i dont get that message any more but i pulled the codes and i havent been abel to find out anywhere what my code mean. here is the one that is current and if anyone can help me with this one i wil;l list the ones in the history. here it is PZ2719 current. and can anyone tell me why when it goes trhough all of the codes it says PCM? okay thanks to anyone who can help.

Welcome aboard,
Your code breaks down as follows:
PZ2719 = Universal Theft Deterrent - Trunk Tamper Switch Fault
Have you had the trunk latch or key lock worked on?
The display Reads "PCM?" because it's the first module on the list to check, that's all.

Hason560
10-27-03, 08:40 PM
Welcome aboard,
Your code breaks down as follows:
PZ2719 = Universal Theft Deterrent - Trunk Tamper Switch Fault
Have you had the trunk latch or key lock worked on?
The display Reads "PCM?" because it's the first module on the list to check, that's all.

no i havent had any lock work done but my key fob did break. here are some codes that came up in the history
RS0025
RS0026
RS0028

PZ1552
PZ1558
PZ2719

PC0102
PC0103
PC0603

I THINK THATS ALL OF THEM THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP