: Go Danica !!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
05-28-05, 10:55 PM
Tomorrow is the Indy 500 for those of you that dont know ...

And a little 100lb bunde of asskicking female is in a car ...Ive watched her for a number of years coming thru the ranks , namely toyta atlantics ...shes in the 500 for this year and has clocked some VERY quick laps ....in fact the fastest lap of the month is held by her ....The other drivers are claiming she has a unfair advantage since she weighs 100lbs , 50 pounds less than the lightest male ....there just jelous ....no one whined till she went faster at indy than anyone ....and i telly ou right now its not the 50 pound weight as to her speed , anyone who watched her qualifying run knows its all talent ...her car is trimmed out (very little downforce) comapred to everyone else ...thats sheer talent folks ...

Shes beatiful and fast .....

I hope she kicks ass tomorrow ...if not i hope helio castrneves gets another win ....
http://www.danicaracing.com/

http://www.danicaracing.com/images/photo-sparco.jpg

Spyder
05-28-05, 11:01 PM
I agree...the other day at work I said to the boss "Hey look! Danica's in the lead!" He said "I don't know who he is." I just walked away and shook my head... Greatest of luck to her...I'm going to be working, but will watch as much as I possibly can...

Ralph
05-29-05, 12:17 AM
GO DANICA!!! :thumbsup:

Night Wolf
05-29-05, 12:28 AM
Shes pretty!

love the eyes:

http://www.danicaracing.com/images/photos/danica-eyes.jpg

http://www.danicaracing.com/images/photos/danica-multi.jpg

http://www.danicaracing.com/images/photos/danica-sparco.jpg

This is the first I heard about her.... wow, I'll have to watch it to see how she does :)

Sandy
05-29-05, 12:49 AM
I've been watching her all week on Leno/Letterman and other shows. She also did modeling. She is a beauty. I want her to win so so so bad! She's super intelligent, has pose, charm & smarts way beyond her years. I will be watching from the pre race show(s) to the finale. I dig the "500" & watch it every single year. Also love the pre-race festivities. Watch Colin Powell drive the Pace Car Corvette around the field, the militery fly over and all the pomp. It's great!

Night Wolf
05-29-05, 01:00 AM
her favorite CD is a CD that I have, one that I like alot too... but not heard of since the 90's..... Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill....

What time does it start?

Night Wolf
05-29-05, 01:16 AM
hmmm, my friend brought it to my attention that she is the host for the Power Block on Spike..... in that case I have seen her... many times... it just never clicked....

HotRodSaint
05-29-05, 02:29 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if she win's, it would be her first win since her carting days. And for a 'pro' racer, that's not a very impressive record.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 10:48 AM
i belive she won in the toyota atlantic series ....

you guys shoulda seen what she looked like 10 years ago ....d-o-r-k-y ...amazing how shes blossomed ....

anyway i expect big things from her ....she has alot more talent than lyn st james ....sara fisher im not as sure , sara never got the good equipment

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 10:53 AM
the 500 will start 12 noon ....indiana time ...1 east coast ....i liked the 11am start beatter ....

3rd year in a row i wont be there in person for jim neibors to sing "back home again in indiana"

HotRodSaint
05-29-05, 12:41 PM
i belive she won in the toyota atlantic series ....

According to her own stats at http://www.danicaracing.com/highlights.shtml, the best finish she had in Atlantics was 2nd place.

I'm not knocking her, she finished 3rd in the 2004 Toyota Atlantic Championship points. And she's still young. So the future could bring good things for her.

BUT, she hasn't had a 1st place finish since 1996, when she was 14 years old racing Go-Karts. And in that series, she placed 1st 39 times out of 49 races.

So for now it seems that the hype is all about the 'girl', and not the 'racer'.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 12:50 PM
According to her own stats at http://www.danicaracing.com/highlights.shtml, the best finish she had in Atlantics was 2nd place.

I'm not knocking her, she finished 3rd in the 2004 Toyota Atlantic Championship points. And she's still young. So the future could bring good things for her.

BUT, she hasn't had a 1st place finish since 1996, when she was 14 years old racing Go-Karts. And in that series, she placed 1st 39 times out of 49 races.

So for now it seems that the hype is all about the 'girl', and not the 'racer'.
coulda swore she had a win 2 years ago ...

i doubt the hype is all about "the girl" ....she set the fastest lap of the month ...AT INDY.....and if she hadnt of had that wiggle on the opening of lap one of her qualif run she would be on the pole .....a rookie wiggle that wont happen again as she now knows how track temps at indy work ...

i think the talk of her winning today is a bit hyped up ...i hope she makes it the full 500 miles and come home in the top ten ....

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 01:17 PM
lap 15 ...shes shifting too much this early in the race ....shes not smooth with the wheel at all either ....cars trash ...and shes not paicent enough ....not a good combo if she wants to go 500 miles

woo hoo one foyt car out ...2 more to go and we will have a nice trouble free race ...

D148L0
05-29-05, 01:18 PM
I can't think of anything sexier than a speed loving woman... I'd hit it!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 02:09 PM
woo hoo !!! another foyt car out !!!!!

one more to go !!!

the road is getting clear for everyone to race ...

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 02:10 PM
unforetunatly bruno isnt doing as well ....too bad foyt couldnt have just taken himself out for once ...

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 03:36 PM
she spun the car and took out a few other cars under caution warming up her tires .....

looks like the indy tradition of the woman driver taking out several cars over something pretty dumb continues ......lyn st james would be proud ...

i havent seen a stupid move like that since gurerro spun his car years ago on the warm up laps before the race ....

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 03:52 PM
BUT SHES LEADING !!!!!!

Come on baby !!!

Ralph
05-29-05, 03:54 PM
BUT SHES LEADING !!!!!!

Come on baby !!!

Stoney, what day exactly is Memorial day, I don't see it on my calender. Cheap Canuck calender! :annoyed:

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 04:09 PM
tomorrow ....i redid my logon early

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 04:15 PM
well she was close ....she made 500 miles and led for a few laps ...pretty darn impressive

Elvis
05-29-05, 08:10 PM
Deal with THAT!

I was really proud of her. She kept coming back, one bad break after another.

I'm officially a racing fan again.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 08:15 PM
yah i havent had such emotions over a indy 500 in a long time ....its about time tony george and bobby rahahl brought the romance back to indy thats been gone since the mid 80s ....

i was standing up in my living room cheering her one screaming "richen the mixture dont let that bastard by you !!!!"

people in the stands were all standing and screaming ...

its about time indy got the magic back .....

years ago we all cheared on the huge underdogs that we could idenfy with , the gordon johncocks and grannatellis of indy world ...i think the last of them was team menard with those outdated stock block buicks , it made everyone think back to grantelli and the NOVIs

Spyder
05-29-05, 09:59 PM
I watched what I could while at work...got yelled at by the boss at the beginning and the end as I was most definately neglecting my customers...but each and every one of them understood, and they said not to worry about it and to get with them when the race was over...Was it ever said what happened to the Brazilian? Was he alright? And when she stalled the car, did we find out if it was her fault or the clutch? Right after it happened, the announcers were saying something about the clutch not being set up right and she'd have to leave it in nuetral and be pushed down pit lane every time she pitted...but I didn't have enough time to pay attention...

Stoneage_Caddy
05-29-05, 10:10 PM
"Medical update from Dr. Henry Bock, IRL and IMS senior director of medical services: Bruno Junqueira is awake and alert. He is being transported to Methodist Hospital via ground complaining of back pain. "

As for the pit road stall i think the motor bobbled on her ...

I also reviewed the spin that took out all the cars ...i had it wrong ....she did make a rookie mistake but it was due to her having to decerate becase weldon and comapny was jacking around on the restart doing the speed up and slam on the brakes shit ...engine brakeing is what broke the rear end loose , not throttle tip in.....

weldon has been quoted several times dureing the month of may and has been a ***** about danica being there and being so sucessful...hes been an ass the whole month along with the rest of andretti green ...i lost alot of repect for those guys this month ...

to say i am dispointed weldon got the win is a understament ....his atatitude tells me he has no repect for the speedway and its traditions ...no to mention is lack of the typical brittsh understated ways ....

Boombotz
05-29-05, 10:33 PM
St. Petersburg resident Dan Wheldon took the checkered flag to win
the 89th annual Indianapolis 500 at the famous brickyard.
http://www.bn9.com/images/news/2005/5/29/racing.jpgSt. Petersburg resident Dan Wheldon gives the thumbs up after winning the Indy 500.

HotRodSaint
05-30-05, 10:47 AM
...i lost alot of repect for those guys this month ...

You mean there were people who still respected Micheal Andretti? :eek:

Stoneage_Caddy
05-30-05, 11:42 AM
Not Andretti ....ive never rescpected them .....but i always thought his drivers were good people ....kanaan i grew to hate after the race at st pete , he belongs in a stock car , namely the GM Goodwrech Number 3

weldon is a ass in my book after his behaviour this month

Franchitti ive been sick of ever since the Judds started showing up to races , seems every race is the dario/ashely 500

Honestly ive been a penske man since 85 , that team is an exaple of how to do things , not only at the track but in the business world ...and rick mears is one of the very best drivers indy ever saw ...

Boombotz
06-02-05, 07:31 PM
Here you go Stoney,

Some good pics of Danica.

http://mjmorningshow.com/danicapics.html