: DopeStar...I am your twin

tru504187211
05-27-05, 08:10 PM
Maybe a twin only in color, I think, but either way Blaze found this lovely car for me down his block, so here are a few initial pictures...

http://younggotti.no-ip.org/cadillacbrougham/SlideShow/

Sandy, know the colors?? And definately not, Sixty is NOT going ANYWHERE!! She's still my heart. Looks like I will now be on the FWD Fleetwood/ Deville section AND the RWD Fleetwood/ Deville section...

Ralph
05-27-05, 08:44 PM
Nice Brougham, congrats! Glad you still make a home for the 60. Do you have the 5.0 or 5.7?

Mileage on it??

A couple of years ago there was a 1990 Brougham in the paper for $10,000. I called the guy and he said that the first 10k would take it home and it only had 50,000 kms! I would have liked to seen it but I think I called the next day and it was sold.

powerglide
05-27-05, 09:09 PM
Nice!

I used to have a 88 Flt Brougham, silver exterior but same red interior.....loved that thing.

Gotta looooove those opera lights!

Sandy
05-27-05, 11:40 PM
Jacob, I got a couple of e-mails from Blaze about this. I NEVER dreamed that it would be THAT beautiful ! I wish I coulda been there to be with you both. That woulda been great! I have been VERY sick, and spent 5 hours in the hospital on Thursday evening, four of them in surgery. I am all doped up on drugs right now, and spend most of the time sleeping. It's good to be home !! I am so glad that you'll be keeping the Sixty. Don't fall outta love with it. Blaze found a car for me, too. I guess you heard about it.
Seems that there is alot of great cars in his state. Enjoy!

EDIT: All doped up & cannot remember Siht! Is 1990 the last year for that body design ????? If not, what was ?

slk230mb
05-27-05, 11:49 PM
Sandy,

What did Blaze find for you?

slk230mb
05-27-05, 11:50 PM
Maybe a twin only in color, I think, but either way Blaze found this lovely car for me down his block, so here are a few initial pictures...

Sandy, know the colors?? And definately not, Sixty is NOT going ANYWHERE!! She's still my heart. Looks like I will now be on the FWD Fleetwood/ Deville section AND the RWD Fleetwood/ Deville section...

Looks real nice and clean :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
05-28-05, 12:50 AM

Well, well, well Mr. Fancypants. Just haaaaaaaaad to get THAT color, didn'cha? Congradulations on the new wheels, looks great. :thumbsup:

Sandy
05-28-05, 01:05 AM
Sandy,

What did Blaze find for you?

Can't talk about it , just yet.

youbetcha77
05-28-05, 01:11 AM
92 was the last year for that body-style before going to the Buick Roadmaster look. The things I like about Jacob's Brougham is the color, the low miles, and the fact it has the 5.7 V-8.

Jacob was happier than a tick at the Red Cross when he seen it. LOL

I think I should start charging a finders fee for these cars.

Blaze

youbetcha77
05-28-05, 01:13 AM
Can't talk about it , just yet.
Hmmm I was getting ready to tell them what it was and then I seen this.
Guess Ill let you do the talking. But Im taking the pictures of it so everyone can see it.

Blaze

youbetcha77
05-28-05, 01:19 AM

This whole thing was a lot of fun. Thats the most fun me and Michelle have had in a long time. When you left, it was like we were waving family goodbye. Feel lucky, I just dont spend a tank of gas and a gallon of antifreeze for anyone. Oh, sorry for the erratic driving. Remember, I put it in "L" for Launch. Now I have to get Sandy in his car before he has a nervous breakdown. I didnt even think about us going over and looking at it. It was just next door.

Blaze

Night Wolf
05-28-05, 02:54 AM
Welcome to the FWD *AND* RWD C-body owners club :)

tru504187211
05-28-05, 11:27 AM
Thanks for ALL the compliments, guys! First thing I thought of was your car, DopeStar. Second thing I thought of was, will Sandy be mad?? LOL.

A bit about the car...98,500 miles after I got home, 5.7 liter, just a few rust spots -- both front doors on the same spot -- damn moisture, not bad at all though, and the passenger side rear door around the door handle has some surface rust -- other than that, its mint. Mostly highway miles as well.

Blaze, I think you SHOULD drive Sandy, just like you drove us... tires off the ground and all! BTW Blaze, I only drove a total of 2 miles in the wrong direction the entire way -- gotta love mapquest. And the temp tag did come in handy - $7.50 spent right...right after we got onto 44 (i think) towards St. Louis -- sheriff comes out of nowhere to ride my ass not liking the idea that I didn't have plates. When we drove over the nonused railroad tracks paved over, I considered taking a picture but there was no room to park -- that was hilarious! I didn't show Bob how to power brake it though, didn't want to give him a heart attack...

Everybody - I bought the car from Robert F. Kennedy.

youbetcha77
05-28-05, 12:30 PM
Thanks for ALL the compliments, guys! First thing I thought of was your car, DopeStar. Second thing I thought of was, will Sandy be mad?? LOL.

A bit about the car...98,500 miles after I got home, 5.7 liter, just a few rust spots -- both front doors on the same spot -- damn moisture, not bad at all though, and the passenger side rear door around the door handle has some surface rust -- other than that, its mint. Mostly highway miles as well.

Blaze, I think you SHOULD drive Sandy, just like you drove us... tires off the ground and all! BTW Blaze, I only drove a total of 2 miles in the wrong direction the entire way -- gotta love mapquest. And the temp tag did come in handy - $7.50 spent right...right after we got onto 44 (i think) towards St. Louis -- sheriff comes out of nowhere to ride my ass not liking the idea that I didn't have plates. When we drove over the nonused railroad tracks paved over, I considered taking a picture but there was no room to park -- that was hilarious! I didn't show Bob how to power brake it though, didn't want to give him a heart attack...

Everybody - I bought the car from Robert F. Kennedy.
AS of Today. Nell, Bob's wife, told me he is still crying. Sandy would have a heart attack if I drove him here. Ill get you a picture of the railroad tracks. For somebody checking this out, here in Nowhere, Missouri, we have some pretty bad railroad crossings. The ones that you have to creep over. After a lot of complaining the county simply paved over them with asphalt. Smooth as a babies butt. I wonder what happens when the train comes through? LOL

Only two wheels came off the ground Jacob. I think its funny though, the Traction active light comes on when your airborn, Right Jacob.

I hope your friend didnt get freaked out. Good thing the Cadillac came with plenty of handles on the roof to hold on. I cant believe I passed up the exit that I have used thousands of times and then drove another 22 miles down the road before noticing it. Now all I need to do is to get Sandy in his car before a green Lincoln pulls up and he gets out with a baseball bat and works me over. I feel sorry for Bob. Nell said that when they went somewhere they would ride in the back and Bob wouldnt let them touch anything. After getting to the restaurant Bob would lightly towel it off. LOL I bet he is crying. Maybe me saying something about hydraulics and 22 inch rims got him going, you think?

Blaze

youbetcha77
05-28-05, 12:33 PM
I forgot to add that I do have a picture of me and my women and Jacob, standing next to his new ride, but because I look like Barney dressed in black, I will not post it.

RALPH--some photoshop is in order here.

Blaze

youbetcha77
05-28-05, 12:46 PM
Jesda is in Saint Louis, we should have met him.

Blaze

Ralph
05-28-05, 07:12 PM
I forgot to add that I do have a picture of me and my women and Jacob, standing next to his new ride, but because I look like Barney dressed in black, I will not post it.

RALPH--some photoshop is in order here.

Blaze

Send it to me and I'll let you know. :)