: Promotion of this site...

BeelzeBob
02-15-03, 10:23 PM
Hey. The user named AKPsiMC03 just gave me an idea.. The more people we get here, the better possibility of member discounts and group buy advantages.. So... How should we put our efforts together to promote this place? Should I design something that we can print out and place on windshields (under-wiper) of Cadillacs we see?

Respond with thoughts, comments, ideas, scrutiny... :)

AKPsiMC03
02-15-03, 10:48 PM
you're welcome... any my name is Jay. I think a good vinil sticker would be good. A cut one, not that clear plastic kind.. but a cut vinil. Something small i can put on the bottom of my rear side windows.

Then, we need some business cards with just the website and some contact info for the admins.

and finally flyers.. something that catches the eye of the person reading it, like "did you know that your car..."

Just so it doesnt end up costing you money, i dont mind sending a check for a few dollars for a "member packet" to start publicity....

oh... t shirts... on the front, "i love my cadillac" on the back, "www.******************" and the cadillac symbol below it.

Oh yeah, im a marketing major in college so stuff like this will be my job some day. if you need more info, my AIM name is tbirdfive0 <---- thats a zero id be more than happy to help out...

PS. dont mind the spelling, im on my way out the door to pimp the caddy so im in hurry :D

BeelzeBob
02-16-03, 12:13 AM
Cool. Great ideas, Jay.. I had a '95 ETC - Loved it! Now.. When you mention cut vinyl, do you mean individual letters? The clear plastic sounds like when it's all together in one logo..

The business cards sound cool.. T-shirts.. Yes, I can arrange for that.. How much would members be willing to pay for t-shirts? And, since you'd be paying for them - what would you like them to look like?

Oh, and flyers.. Maybe something about the "leak" and oil consumption issue.. That's probably something that many Cadillac owners wonder about...

All great ideas. Let's get some input from the rest of our members... We're off to a great start...

AKPsiMC03
02-16-03, 02:04 PM
for the t-shirts... the price should be based on the cost of them.... ad a dollar or 2 to the cost for site maintainance. the design, have contest were everyone who wants carn design one, you post the submitted designs, and we vote on them. Winner gets a free shirt.

the stickers im talking aobut are where each letter is seperate on the paper so when its stuck they arent stuck together. Stickers like that look more "classy" than something thats just a sqare sticker with stuff written on it.

but i think the proces all depend on what it will cost to have everything made.

BeelzeBob
02-16-03, 08:33 PM
Great ideas.. I'm surprised nobody else is commenting.. I guess we'll give it some time...

Allante North *
02-16-03, 08:48 PM
I think its a good idea to promote this site, but it might be difficult to get T-shirts to members. Postage might be as much as the cost of the shirts. I would be interested in the shirts because I wear them alot. Polo/golf shirts would be nice also with a design stitched into the left breast. I also like the idea of a design contest. Lets see some ideas.

Dead Sled
02-16-03, 08:53 PM
Stickers rock!

Andrew60SP
02-17-03, 06:09 PM
This site needs a logo...

As for merchandise, how about license plate frames!

elwesso
02-17-03, 06:29 PM
Business cards, GOTO www.vistaprint.com . You can design 250 cards for free, all you have to do it pay for shipping which is like 5.

Some sort of polo golf shirt would be cool, since i play golf all the time!

HotRodSaint
02-17-03, 08:21 PM
I've had 2000 hits in about a month on Cardomain. So someone is looking at Cadillacs on the web.

Is this site part of the Cadillac ring? That'd be the first thing I'd do. We all need to join other forums and spread the word.

Getting this link placed on other sites would help too. (And linking to them.)

I don't see any reason to spend money. All the free stuff hasn't been done yet.

elwesso
02-17-03, 08:23 PM
I agree. Take the step 1 before skipping to the last step.

Dead Sled
02-17-03, 09:02 PM
Im on other boards and have this site in my sig and point othere this way.

elwesso
02-17-03, 09:07 PM
good job, i have pointed it out on other boards also

Dead Sled
02-17-03, 09:09 PM
do you have Banner ads for those with websites?

BeelzeBob
02-18-03, 11:08 PM
I do need to create a logo.. Plate frames would be another great, great idea.. I like the sticker idea... BUT - plate frames would be easier for me right now.. T-shirts would be easy as well.. Business cards... Shipping them out would be the costly thing, I guess.. The shipping for t-shirts wont be too bad - I have a system for that already..

I guess the next thing we need to work on is a logo for some sought of design. Any ideas? What would you like to see? I can arrange something just by the ideas you give me. Then, we can all criticize it until it's what we want...

Oh, I can't forget about banner ads.. What should the banner say? What would you like it to say? I can do those easily. Here are a few banner ads I've made in the past: http://www.80sxchange.com/banners/banners.html

Troy Roberts
02-18-03, 11:30 PM
Word of mouth is going to help. When you start getting more and more members it will feed on itself. The email this page feature helps a lot.

BeelzeBob
02-18-03, 11:36 PM
Hey Troy.. Welcome aboard! And thanks for signing up.. That "email page feature" really gets used? I'm surprised. I didn't think anyone used it.. Cool. Good to know.. Maybe I should bold it up or something...

Good to see ya!

Troy Roberts
02-18-03, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
Hey Troy.. Welcome aboard! And thanks for signing up.. That "email page feature" really gets used? I'm surprised. I didn't think anyone used it.. Cool. Good to know.. Maybe I should bold it up or something...

Good to see ya!

Not a bad idea to bold it. I took a look at the CF server to see if it was being used. Every time I looked in the outgoing mail queue it had at least a few of those in it.

I found with CF that magazine advertising was way too expensive. Buying keywords can help but the cost adds up there also. Overture just raised the minimum bid to $.10 per click. Luckily I have a bunch grandfathered in for less.

Maybe you can find a good dealer to offer discounts to members on parts and accessories. That kind of thing gets emailed around. I could use them at one of my sites also. We have Ken Fichtner at CF already. He doesn't have a Cadillac store unfortunately. I already asked. :(

BeelzeBob
02-19-03, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the advice.. Maybe I'll run into my favorite Cadillac dealer and ask what they think. But, I'll wait until we get some more members here. We may not be taken seriously yet..

Didn't Ken Fichtner win some big award just recently? Yeah, he did.. Dealer of the year.. Right? For Corvettes?