: magnacharger

mchm3
05-27-05, 12:03 PM
any maggie owners feedback, is it worth it is there any heating issues, and does anyone have the charger with headers and exhaust

wildwhl
05-27-05, 01:22 PM
yes, it is worth it.

Heat can be managed. I have headers in hand, hope to install in the next week or so.

:burn:

blownchevy
05-27-05, 02:09 PM
any maggie owners feedback, is it worth it is there any heating issues, and does anyone have the charger with headers and exhaust

What do you mean by heating issues??

mchm3
05-27-05, 03:26 PM
What do you mean by heating issues??overheating

jlakowicz
05-27-05, 08:54 PM
The Maggie is great, see attached dyno sheet. More Performace did the maggi, cam, pushrods, rocker arms, exhaust , intake, shifter and anti wheel hop kit. They are excellent to work with. I haven't had a chance to drive the car much, and even less in high heat. I think I feel some drop off in power as it gets warmer, but its not big deal. You could spend 250K for some foreign thing and not have as much car as a blown V.

wildwhl
05-27-05, 08:57 PM
overheating

Shouldn't be a problem. The Maggie doesn't make the engine run any hotter that I can tell, and cooling certainly seems to be a non-issue with this car at this point, at least for sane drivers :bonkers:

Get that CC out and get her done :drinker

ronr
05-27-05, 09:42 PM
I highly recommend it! It's an absolute blast to drive. No overheating issues. With the StealthV tune in the computer mine runs cooler than it did without the Maggie. I don't have headers but do have the Corsa cat-back exhaust and love it.

wildwhl
05-27-05, 10:23 PM
One person can install this kit without help from a friend, but it isn't the ideal way. I would recommend having help with at least lifting the blower into place on the motor. I did it myself the first time and it was tough.

Plan it for a weekend, and give yourself a full 8-10 hours on each day. That way you'll have plenty of time for :drinker and food. Get a friend or neighbor help you when it is time to lift the blower unit into place.

You'll be glad you did. Besides, why wait? You never know when that new M5 or M6 will pull up next to you...and you certainly don't want to have to explain to your significant other why your doors were just blown off by a flippin import :D

I'd never go back...the Maggie is the only way to go. I can leave the car in 4th gear and drive at any speed from 10 mph up to the legal speed limit (I NEVER speed :lies: )

lawfive
05-28-05, 09:04 PM
:D :D :D Maggie and Corsa only: no new headers, heads, or cam.

VELOSE
05-28-05, 09:20 PM
Everytime I see a Magnacharger thread, my checkbook gets caressed. I have another car I've been really involved with. I think I might have to let it go. I easily have the parts to sell from that car to buy the Magnacharger, BB Exhaust, and a few other things. Hmm........:hmm:

lasstss
05-28-05, 10:34 PM
:D :D :D Maggie and Corsa only: no new headers, heads, or cam.

Jerry nice numbers. Im going the same route. Magnusson, corsa sans headers. Probably just a custom tune. 482 is pretty stout for a street car. Some times on a cold moring the V scares the crap out of me without the maggie.:D

knockout_tx
05-29-05, 12:24 AM
Man I have 2 Blown rides now and was hoping not to have a 3rd, but it looks like you guys are getting to me.......482 rwhp is so sweet, and that would mean the Cobra would get alot more rest.............:yup:

lawfive
05-29-05, 02:18 PM
Guys: if you mail order the Magnacharger, ask Brian what it will cost to buy smaller pulleys (2.9, 2.8) in addition to the stock 3 inch. I wound up having to go to 2.8 to get boost betwen 6.5 and 7 psi. YMMV, but if the pulleys aren't too expensive it would be convenient to start with a selection... And maybe get refunded for the ones you don't use? Brian?