: Did i do the right thing ?

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 05:07 PM
Took my mom and little brother down to the my little bros school today to fight a suspension placed on my little brother (he did nothing wrong). We came home afterwards and as i pull into my edition i had my blinker on. A kid on a motorcycle coming out of my addition tries to cut out in front of me but stops , i narrowly miss this kid (i had the right of way). The kid revs his engane at me and tries to hit my car. I slam ont he brakes and flug my door open and threw my hands up and scream "WHAT THE ****". He gets off the bike and tells me to get the **** out of my car and be a man and fight him. I told him "**** you ,you got a helmet on". He says "no **** you ill take my helmet off , get out of that car and be a man". I told him "no **** you, your the one in the wrong here i dont have shit to prove". My mom screams at him "you tried to hit my sons ****ing car *******". He points at her and says "and shes a bitch".

Guys i wanted to fight this ass in the worst way , but my family was there , and they had a flight to catch to indy (i had 45 mintues to get to the airport that is one hour away)....I really felt i didnt have much choice but to drive away ....

When i got back from the airport i swapped cars and drove around the neiborhood looking for this guy(element of surprise) ..but i cant find where he lives ....Im going out again in a little bit on my pocketbike to see if he has come out yet....

I feel like a chicken tho guys.... but i guess in a way i did protect my family right ?

I guess i just need to know if i did the right thing .....i relly feel like i walked away from a challange ....i feel like im a chicken ....

Elvis
05-26-05, 05:12 PM
ALWAYS avoid a confrontation like that. You stood up as best you could. Put it behind you and move on.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 05:17 PM
i guess that means im not a chicken then ? mom said i wasnt beauce i awsnered him trying to hit my car .....and made my point ....

the kid said alot of other stuff but he is one of those white kids that is trying to be like eminem so all his spech is like slurred in this urban dilect of english .....

Morhill
05-26-05, 05:19 PM
Yes you did...like u said, u have nothing to prove to anyone.

Elvis
05-26-05, 05:24 PM
He thinks that if he tries to speak in ebonics maybe you'll back down? Does that make him some kind of a badass or something?

You have nothing to worry about. He's more scared of you than you realize.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 05:24 PM
cool ....i hate it when shit like this happens .....every has always said im the niceset guy in the world ...so i really hate it when people screw with me ....cuz i dont go around looking for a fight ....

Sandy
05-26-05, 05:59 PM
Get a gun & go out lookin' for him. When you find him, blow his ##$% head off his shoulders, and prove that you are the stronger, tougher guy, and you made him eat the dirt!

PS/ Give your you cell # & I'll send you reading material. Get my drift ???
You may whip his butt, but the law will whip yours, worse !

If you see him again, show him what you really are. Apoligize for your actions, shake hands & introduce yourself & compliment his bike.
He'll have NO - absolute NO recourse to do the same back at ya. Be the bigger man. Show him up.

Brett
05-26-05, 06:29 PM
i would avoid this stuff stoney, its not worth it. of course its easy for me to say cause pretty much everyone backs down when i get out of the car :) but honestly, nothing good can come from it

Ralph
05-26-05, 06:34 PM
YES, you did the right thing and no one is a chicken for avoiding confrontation because it is more difficult to try to avoid confrontation than just "giving in to it."

That, and your Mom doesn't need the added stress of possibly seeing you with a knife stuck in your gut! Or you going to jail.

Thumbs up to you my friend! :thumbsup:

Now I'll send Vicky to kick his arse! :devil: After she's done with Elvis that is. :devil: :p

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 06:38 PM
yup ....i guess i did the right thing then .....

im pretty sure this is our "problem child" i see this kid and his bike all the time (i think) , he goes flying up my street alot....when you can bang the 4th gear at redline your flying on one of those things ....

Dad said he also thinks it was the problem child of our neiborhood ...

but im not positive , we have 3 of those bikes in our neiborhood , and they are all asses behind the 'bars .... however the 2 ducatis are nice guys , ive even talked with them at lights ...but these kids ont he japanese land missles are aweful ....drag racing wheelies and all the stupid stuff in traffic .....they havent let up even tho there buddy witht he yellow 'busa died a year ago .....seems they just got more agressive ...and i guess its escalated into picking fights with cadillacs ....something that may not help there life span ...

I remeber years ago the people to watch were the folks on harleys ....now it seems the real trash of society rides the japanese stuff

Jesda
05-26-05, 06:58 PM
The best way to get even is to screw with them in an underhanded way. Do your best to find where he lives or works, then eff with his head.

Of course, I'm a scorpio. I always get even.

Dadillac
05-26-05, 07:11 PM
When I was younger, I would probably have done exactly the same thing that you did. But getting older, does make most wiser. If the same thing happened to me right now, I would have just drove away. The guy calling me names, giving me the finger, whatever, would not have gotten my ire up. I, at the age of 39, do not have to be right all of the time. I do not even have to prove to the "wrong" party, that I am right. Just let it slide right off of your shoulders. It is no big deal.

Now, when I was younger, like you are, I would have probably beat the crap out of that guy. I would have been arrested, sued, lost my job, etc. For what? Just because I couldn't control my temper. It just isn't worth it. I am a martial artist, and can handle myself, quite well. But the most important thing that I have learned in my training, is to always walk away, whenever possible. Fighting, by anyone, can turn deadly. the best approach, is to avoid the situation, everytime. Do not escalate the problem by getting into a verbal assault situation. Just, walk away.

Don

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 07:15 PM
i was wondering what the marital arts folks said ....i was in that for 2 years before i gave up ...but if i remebered right that was what they said , that martial arts is a defensive last resort type deal ....

on a side note i never thought i would get arrested for fighting ...i never even thought that far but you guys are right ....my ass would be locked up and the deville impounded for evidence or some bullshit ...

damn i never thought of that ....he sure wasnt worth going to jail over

Ralph
05-26-05, 07:18 PM
he sure wasnt worth going to jail over

No he wasn't! At least if something happened, you had witnesses with you.

Dadillac, what is "Shotokan?"

EDIT: nevermind, I bothered to look it up.....a type of Karate.

"Victoria is a blue belt in Shotokan karate and her favorite form of exercise is kickboxing."

http://www.zee.com/skmn/index.php

http://mx.borderline-angel.com/proxyblue/pratt.htm

ben72227
05-26-05, 07:37 PM
I never start fights or get involved in them (unless i HAVE to defend myself.) In these situations, its best to just admit your wrongdoing:canttalk: (even if its their fault) because at the end of the day, you're the one with the plush leather seats in the Cadillac.;) You have a nice home to go home to and you have a great family to be happy with.

But if you say "I'm sorry, my bad." and they won't STFU, then its time to pull the Glock out of the glove compartment and show them you mean business and that real gangsta-ass pimps don't waste time on punk kids.:devil:

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 08:06 PM
LOL .....thats why i dont have a gun ...i woulda been tempted to empty a few rounds in his bike .....then id be put away for public discharge of a firearm or some shit and have to wait for the NRA to bail me out

kokoj
05-26-05, 08:27 PM
I don't know if you did the right thing, but you certainly did the smart thing. This world is getting so crazy, you never know what you are dealing with. A friend of mine who is a social worker, or something like that, told me he has seen a change since the introduction of crystal meth/E (you'll have to forgive me, I'm not real knowledgeable about drugs). He told me in the old days addicts were pretty peaceful, they would just doze off, but with these new drugs, people are wired. What if this guy was real high and went off on not just you, but your mom and kid brother ? Would it be worth it? I worked on a trauma team to support myself while I went to school. I remember a patient coming in who was high on Angel dust, the Boston Police had to come because our own security force was getting whaled by this guy. Even the cops had a tough time, it took seven police officers to hold him down until we could get restraints on him. Best to walk away, you're no less of a man because you're smart enough to walk away. The other thing to keep in mind is, he could come back later, he knows where you live, and trash your car. I have to deal with so many jack-asses, those that I can avoid, I do.

turbojimmy
05-26-05, 09:01 PM
If he'd damaged one of those rims I'd have to go Medieval on his ass. I'm a Scorpio, too. I always get even. It might not be now, today or next week but I do get even.

Jim

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 09:13 PM
Lol

airbalancer
05-26-05, 09:16 PM
When I was younger, I would probably have done exactly the same thing that you did. But getting older, does make most wiser. If the same thing happened to me right now, I would have just drove away. The guy calling me names, giving me the finger, whatever, would not have gotten my ire up. I, at the age of 39, do not have to be right all of the time. I do not even have to prove to the "wrong" party, that I am right. Just let it slide right off of your shoulders. It is no big deal.

Do not escalate the problem by getting into a verbal assault situation. Just, walk away.

Don
I have the same feelings as Don
Life is to short to worry about all the a**hole on the road

Spock
05-26-05, 09:25 PM
In my tradition it is said "Shake hands and rancor will disappear. Give gifts to each other and love each other and enmity will disappear."

The stronger man is the one who controls his anger.

Dadillac
05-26-05, 09:42 PM
The stronger man is the one who controls his anger.
Amen to that. Many in this world cannot do that.

Don

Boombotz
05-26-05, 09:58 PM
I will start by saying this is Boombotz's wife and my opinion. Boombotz may give a very different opinion when he gets home. I think you made the right decision to walk away. The kids these days think the way to handle everything is with a fight the problem is it's not usually a fist fight. Who knows what this guy could have been carrying. You were acting like a man and not a child and probaly earned more of your mothers respect today then you even know. It is one of those kind of situations that our parents can see how well the did when they raised us. You acted mature and sensible by staying in the car. You let the guy know what you thought, but you keeped your head about it. More power to you. Don't worry about chasing him down now it's not worth your time nor will it ever be. You'll just end up dead, locked up, or going to court to pay damages. Not one of those things sound good to me.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 10:32 PM
thankx for the the kind words boombotz wife ....yah the more ive cooled down today the more im thinking i did the right thing , my neibors called to check up ...i guess word got around the hood of the whole thing since more than a few people saw it...even the woman in the minivan behind me at the time asked me why he was doing what he did ....i just shrugged and said "im not sure" ....

i guess its all good .....

powerglide
05-26-05, 10:44 PM
You did the right thing, pick your spots wisely.

Let that which does not matter truly slide.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 10:48 PM
wow 218 views and 2 pages in a couple hours......i guess when i have a question i come to the right place ....

powerglide
05-26-05, 10:50 PM
wow 218 views and 2 pages in a couple hours......i guess when i have a question i come to the right place ....

It may be called the Cadillac Forums, but its much more than that!

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 10:53 PM
you aint kiddin thats for sure

Brett
05-26-05, 10:56 PM
OK, so wait a minute, let me get this straight.......Boombotz has a wife??? :D and apparently she calls him boombotz :sneaky:

powerglide
05-26-05, 11:02 PM
........and apparently she calls him boombotz :sneaky:

I always found it really funny when I find posts that start out with "this is boombotz's wife...."

LOL!

A belated welcome to the forums boombotz's wife! :-)

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-05, 11:03 PM
i guess we will see in a couple days LOL

Adam
05-26-05, 11:08 PM
had my family not have been there i would have definitely hooked him up to an i.v. some jackass almost hit me one time while i was skateboarding and i yelled at him and he stopped his car. me, mr. badass, throws my skateboard at his car and breaks his back windshield and my board lands in his back window and he flew off, so went my board. but seeing as you had your family then yes you did the right thing. dont sweat the small stuff. he will piss off the wrong guy some day (like me or Brett) and we'll clean his clock. then ill show him what it is like to try and act like Eminen.

RBraczyk
05-26-05, 11:59 PM
i guess that means im not a chicken then ? mom said i wasnt beauce i awsnered him trying to hit my car .....and made my point ....

the kid said alot of other stuff but he is one of those white kids that is trying to be like eminem so all his spech is like slurred in this urban dilect of english .....

Had you beaten his ass, you could have been charged, sued or gone to jail, and thats the last thing your mother should have to deal with, and the last thing your little brother (assuming at an influential age) should have to see.

You did the right thing. Relax.

illumina
05-27-05, 12:01 AM
Stoney, as much as I let my anger get the best of me (German-Irish instant ass-hole), I sometimes have to walk away too. You did the right thing by leaving things before they got out of hand. Screw the punk and his bike. Forget vengence and let it be. Don't go out looking for trouble with him: he might not be alone when you find him, and last I checked, a Cadillac Deville with the 4.9 cannot outrun a 12 second bike gang.

That or you could fly me down there and I'll find your little biker dude: I'll have some fun with his wannabe ass :lildevil:

Oh Hell, I guess it's that Scorpio in me too :rolleyes2

Stoneage_Caddy
05-27-05, 12:32 AM
LOL .....but i got a fram air hog in there .....honest its a 15.9 second car now ...

whatever he rides is unbelivaly fast , im pretty sure its a R6 ..def not a zuki or honda ...and i know buells and ducatis pretty well ...sounded like a pipe on it...pretty nice bike ....i woulda hated to have to have wedged it under 4700 lbs of detrots finest ...

but like low low said , he will play his game on the wrong guy ....or he will screw up one of those cute little tricks i see him and his buddies do on the street...but i have a feeling it will be a member of the NRA that takes this little punk out and uses the new law here in florida that allows the squeezeing off of rounds in self defense ...

at any rate gladdis (the deville) is backed in the garage tucked in for tonight ....she gets a bath tomorrow

pickups belong outside anyway

Ralph
05-27-05, 12:40 AM
LOL .....but i got a fram air hog in there .....honest its a 15.9 second car now ...

How does the quality of the Air Hog appear compared to a K&N?? I had the K&N in the Grand Marquis because that damn car felt like it needed more power (it could have used another 50 hp) but I'm not spending the $82.00 K&N wants for the Cadillac air filter! Are they cheaper? Does it clean the same way/procedure as the K&N?

Stoneage_Caddy
05-27-05, 01:05 AM
honestly i dont like having it in there bbob advised against it to another members days after i bought it ...

it cleans up and every like the K&N i think ...i havent claen it yet (need to do that tomorrow) but i havent seen a cleaner kit for them like i have for K&N filters (our racecar, pickup, and a 2 stroke engine all have them)

but im pretty sure it cleans just liek the k&N use the soap bottle on it firs , then spry with water then re oil ....ill look it up after a bit ...

i just cant wait to find a new job ....so i can get duals put on it ...itll look so much beatter , and have a bit more bark and bite

TomDeville
05-27-05, 01:13 AM
Stoney,

That punkbitchasswannabe
is a waste of air. You conducted
yourself with the better part of
valour.

He will get his... in a cell,
hotlead, blade or roadkill.. it's all
bad for him, particularly with the
great new law. (If you do not like
the new Fla. law, it is because you want
to infringe on the rights of others
;and, not risk the toll. The new law
is a natural extension of the fundamental
Right to Bear Arms).

However; Stoney, he did call you out.
You did not answer. You are not a chicken,
you just have a larger brain than him. It's O.K..
It is much better to have a larger brain Sir Stone.

Nonetheless, he also called your dear Mother,
inter alia, a 'bee-atch' in front of YOU and
baby Brother.

Accordingly, continue your prudent and
righteous path without a hint of criminal or
civil liability. Utilize your larger brain, gather
your intelligence; and, serve revenge ice cold,
with caution and non culpability.

Best Regards To The Esteemed CaddyCommunity,

TomDeville :coolgleam :coolgleam
:coolgleam

davesdeville
05-27-05, 02:03 AM
He tried to hit your car... with a motorcycle? Bikes can not pound with cars so you could've just run his ass over. Oh well you took the smart albeit unsatisfying path.

Xrayqueen
05-27-05, 03:08 AM
I'd just keep and extra :eye: :eye: on my vehicle because an idiot like this might return an key your car. Especially if he's a neighborhood punk. Be careful with confrontation's these day's because people are crazy and you don't know what they may be packing. I'm glad nothing happened to you or your family or your vehicle. Take care,
Peace :)

Ralph
05-27-05, 03:29 AM
Here ya go Stoney. I thought of you when I stumbled across this..... :p (in the quest for new "Vic pics" of course!) ;)

"Ever wonder what you’d do if a team of assassins tried to run you off the road? Neither did we, until we got schooled."

“Reverse 180,” Kevin says.

“Let’s see it.”

"Kevin lurches to a stop, pops the car into reverse, and puts his left hand at five o’clock on the steering wheel.

“Fix on a spot,” Danny says. (This will help him keep the wheel, and the car, straight—important on an actual road.) “And punch it!”

Kevin floors the heavy gas pedal, and the car lurches backward.

“Count it off,” Danny says. “One, two, three, four, five—now!”

At the five count Kevin whips the wheel left, sending the car into a violent skid and whipping the front end around 90 degrees. As the front moves past sideways—and it will do this quickly, having a ton of momentum thanks to that heavy V-8 up front—Kevin spins the wheel a full rotation back the other way, completing the spin. As the wheel passes the gearshift lever, he pops it into drive, the tires squeal, and we’re off, heading safely, we hope, in the other direction.

A cloud of atomized tire rubber fills the car, settling into my eyes, nose, and mouth. I can hear Bill coughing."

“Right,” Danny says. “Next time you might want to roll the windows up first.”

http://www.maximonline.com/the_ride/articles/article_6333.html

fast66
05-27-05, 07:47 AM
I think you did the right thing at the time. If you see him again and hes alone without a helmet, kick his ass. :)

Boombotz
05-27-05, 09:23 AM
OK, so wait a minute, let me get this straight.......Boombotz has a wife??? :D and apparently she calls him boombotz :sneaky:

Well this was really the nickname my husband gave to me. I couldn't stand it so I told him stop calling me that or I will call him that back. Well needless to say that was many many years ago , and it became a household nickname. So yhea I don't even blink anymore when it's said. It is almost second nature.

Boombotz
05-27-05, 09:26 AM
I always found it really funny when I find posts that start out with "this is boombotz's wife...."

LOL!

A belated welcome to the forums boombotz's wife! :-)

Thank You very much for the Welcome. I have been on here from the start with my husband I find it very interesting. I don't type often but when I do I usually say it's me.

P.S. I am the housewife so I am the primary driver of the Cadillac.

Boombotz
05-27-05, 09:35 AM
i guess we will see in a couple days LOL

Sorry Stoneage I will not be coming to the meet. My husband will though. I didn't realize what weekend it was. I have 3 sitters that I use, and not one of them was available. Really would have like to come, but will maybe see everyone another time. It is one of those things that moms get used to, and you know she only little for so long so I try to enjoy every minute of it.

youbetcha77
05-27-05, 10:47 AM
Stoneage, it takes a bigger man to back down. If you would have fought him then you would most likely have continueing problems with him. Like waking up one day and your tires are slashed. Crap like that. When he said get out of the car, I would have rolled down the window and said, "I dont think so Scooter" and rolled it up and took off.

Blaze