: occassional stalling problem

pmjolsness
12-01-13, 02:46 PM
I have a 93 Eldorado with a Northstar. And lately I have been having an issue with it stalling when I first start it. I live in Arizona and I don't know if this is just something that has developed now, independently of the temperature, or if it has something to do with the cooler temps now.
I first noticed it during the heat of summer. The car would start and stumble and die. I would restart the car with the AC off and it would run fine. Then once I got going I would put the AC back on and by the time I got to the first stop sign it was fine. Now that the temps are lower and I don't start with the AC on, it's doing the same thing. When it first started doing this it seemed to "stumble" when it died. Now it seems that when I start it, the rpms come up to normal and almost immediately go to zero. And this doesn't happen all the time, in fact most of the time it starts up like normal. But when it does fail, it's always when you first start it up and the engine is "cold". And after I get a couple of blocks down the road, no problem. And later in the day, as long as it hasn't cooled off completely, it starts just fine. It's almost like if it had a carburetor, the choke wasn't working. And still it doesn't happen but a fraction of the time, it does seem to be more frequent.
Has anyone had this same problem?

Ranger
12-01-13, 09:34 PM
Clean the TB.
Check the fuel pressure.
Check the ISC motor.
Check for vacuum leaks.