: I'm getting a new toy! PLASMA TV

AirJigga25
05-26-05, 01:48 PM
I just threw a new plasma on my bank card. I got a wholesale price and I had to pounce quick!! Bad news is I won't receive it until June 12th but that is OK. I can't wait to watch the Pats & Sox in HD!!

42" HD Plasma with built-in tuner - Panasonic

3G Technology

Available mid-June
The OP-42TN2 plasma television is a treat for the eyes whether it's on or off.

3G sought to define an image that would symbolize cutting edge technology, combined with top of the line features and quality. They have accomplished this with the OP-42TN2 plasma display. This 42" plasma TV provides a cinema-feel for your home theater. View widescreen broadcasts and DVDs the way they were meant to be seen. The 3000:1 panel contrast ratio produces deep blacks, brilliant whites and truly vivid colors.

With every scene, the picture is clear and vivid, capturing and revealing every detail, even in bright light. Plasma screens are impervious to picture distortion and negative color balances that afflict CRT monitors when placed near lighting or sound systems.

With a plasma screen you get colors like you've never seen before, extremely wide viewing angles (wider, even, than those of most LCD screens), and easy placement due to a plasma monitor's slim profile: the OP-42TN2 is a mere 3.54 inches deep, perfect for desk or wall mounting. It comes with a stand, speakers and tuner.

Product SpecificationsAudio Speakers Included 2 speakers Sound Output Mode Stereo Features & Functions HDTV Compatible Yes Multi-channel Preview Picture-in-picture (PIP) Multi-channel Preview Picture-on-picture (POP) Multi-channel Preview Picture-by-Picture (PBP) Secondary Audio Program (SAP) Yes General Television Type Plasma Diagonal Size 42 in. Performance Contrast Ratio 3000:1 Viewing Angle (H/V) 170 degrees Image Aspect Ratio 16:9 Image Aspect Ratio 4:3 Video Max Resolution 1024 x 768 Actual Weight70.6 lbs.ContentsTV, remote control, stand, speakers, batteries, AC power cord, documentationPorts/Connectors(1) Y/C in (S-Video)
(1) RF (75 ohm F-Type)
(1) Component (Y, Pb, Pr) RCA
(2) AV in RCA
(1) DVI
(1) PC (RGB) 15-Pin D-sub
(4) Audio inputs (1 for PC and DVI, 1 for component and S-Video, 2 for AV)
(1) External speaker outputPower NotesTotal Audio(Watts): 10 W + 10 W/8 ohm
Source: AC 100~240V / 50, 60Hz
Consumption: St-by: 4W, Operating: 300W
Environment Condition Pressure: 800 ~ 1000hPa (Altitude : 0~2, 000m)Warranty - Labor1 YearWarranty - Parts1 Year

Playdrv4me
05-26-05, 03:02 PM
Ive owned about three Plasma TV's, if I had to go for another one it would be a Panasonic, they have by far the best black levels of all the brands, but they are still too grey for my liking right now.

AirJigga25
05-26-05, 03:09 PM
This is my first one. They used to cost 8k when they first came out. The one I got was 1350 including shipping because I got it wholesale. For a 42 inch HD TV with a 170 degree viewing angle, I call that a deal! The color should be sufficient to my standards too. It has all the hookups I could want as well. Since it is 3.5 inches deep, it will take up way less space than a projection or projection/lcd. I can't wait til mid June! :coolgleam

RBraczyk
05-26-05, 03:20 PM
My stepdad has that TV. You won't be dissappointed.

AirJigga25
05-26-05, 03:49 PM
This could probably go under the manscout thread....

Not only did i get the plasma, i bought a really sweet grill.

So my buddys will be having manscout meetings at my house all summer...

Ralph
05-26-05, 06:24 PM
I've heard that with playing video games on them, there is a delay or motion slowdown??? Is that true? Or for fast-paced action like a football game, etc.

powerglide
05-26-05, 09:48 PM
1350$????? are you serious?

.....you wouldn't be able to hook me up by any chance :-)

I'm shopping for one too.

RBraczyk
05-26-05, 10:56 PM
This could probably go under the manscout thread....

Not only did i get the plasma, i bought a really sweet grill.

So my buddys will be having manscout meetings at my house all summer...

You aren't far, mind if I join your manscout meeting? I'll bring grillables.

AirJigga25
05-27-05, 08:38 AM
I've heard that with playing video games on them, there is a delay or motion slowdown??? Is that true? Or for fast-paced action like a football game, etc.
not that I know of, Sony promotes LCD's so they'll say anything to put down plasma's.

AirJigga25
05-27-05, 08:40 AM
1350$????? are you serious?

.....you wouldn't be able to hook me up by any chance :-)

I'm shopping for one too.

i'm serious. i think it is too late for hooking others up, it was a one time deal. But I'm reallypsyched to get a $2600 toy for 1300 plus shipping and tax.

AirJigga25
05-27-05, 08:46 AM
You aren't far, mind if I join your manscout meeting? I'll bring grillables.

of course not buddy.

RBraczyk
05-28-05, 10:53 PM
Sweet. Send me a PM, text, or email. Tell me what you want me to bring and I'll do my best. Date, or dates would be swell too. Trying to work and play this summer.

Cell # 603-496-3937

Email = Rob.Braczyk@gmail.com

D148L0
05-29-05, 01:54 PM
Cool!
Congrats, man... now you gotta invite us to the next superbowl, huh?
I hope you enjoy your new TV big time.

SilverCTS
05-29-05, 10:32 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase.

I'm looking at new TVs as well. HD is a must for me, but I think I'm getting an LCD Projection TV.