: 97 Seville CD Changer Options

cdawg201
05-25-05, 08:46 PM
I have been doing some research and recently located the CD changer control harness in the back of my trunk. I have seen many models produced by GM-Delco that share similar wiring and such, but was curious which models will fit my car? There have to be more than just one. I am looking for a 6, 8, 10, or 12 disc changer. It doesn't really matter. If anyone can help me out or has one for cheap, let me know, as I am desperate.

MWA
05-25-05, 09:32 PM
CDawg,

Try e-bay. I purchased a 12 disc Delco trunk changer there for $150 not long ago. Mounting bracket can be purchased at any GM dealer. Mine cost about $15. I have a 98 Eldo and the pig tail in the trunk behind the carpet near the antenna had a jumper in it. Once I mounted the changer using the bracket- this required I cut a couple of slits in the carpet- and removed the jumper lead, just plugged it in and the unit was recognized by the dash radio instantly. OEM price for the thing was about $900. Just make sure that the unit you buy on e-bay is the one for your make and model Cadillac. Also, holding down the number one button on the radio a few seconds longer gives you the #6 CD track. CD's are loaded label down in the magazine cartridge. If loaded face up, you get an Err message on the radio green screen. Good luck!

STS 310
05-27-05, 02:40 PM
150.00 dollars for a 12 disc Delco OEM changer is a great deal.

MWA
05-28-05, 11:46 AM
It was a great deal. Several usually are listed on EBay, just have to make certain the model of changer is the one that fits your vehicle. Intall is very easy. The holes for the mounting bracket are under the trunk carpet. Just obtain the correct hardware- cap screw-, cut a few slits in the carpet....for the bracket bolts and for the pigtail and then secure it and plug and play.