: GOT CODES? I DO & IT SUCKS!!

1smooth~caddy
05-25-05, 01:53 AM
Alright, first let me introduce you to her, she's a 93' N* caddy that i recently got and she's a beauty but the previous owner warned me about one thing that he could find wrong with her. She tends to stall once in a blue moon...well, he was right! BUT here's the real problem now...while driving, in order for me to accerlerate i have to rev it pass 3000rpm (NOT GOOD!) and this happens after she kicks once or twice >>CAN ANYONE HELP ME!?!<< The EGR valve got cleaned yesterday and i was told that the pintle shaft was pretty dirty but still did not get rid of the problem(s)!

I was able to pull the codes: p029 current, p024 history, p094 history, p095 history, s044 history, p056 history, p071 history Greatly Appreciated!!!

mcowden
05-25-05, 10:53 AM
Why don't you go to this website and look up the codes, then post them here and somebody will probably be able to help you. Quick question, though: Is your engine a 4.9L or 4.6L?

Look up the codes here:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

Ranger
05-25-05, 10:59 AM
P029 (E029) .............. Transaxle Shift 'B' solenoid problem (1st, 3rd, 4th gear)
P024 (E024) ..................................... Vehicle Speed Sensor signal to TCC
P094 (E094) ............ Transaxle Shift "A" Solenoid Problem (Vehicle Speed Sensor)
P095 (E095) .................................................. Engine Stall Detected
S044 .................................................. ... Lift or Dive Signal Fault
P071 (E071) ................................................ Intermittent MAP Signal

I'd start by replacing the shift solenoids and checking the connections on the MAP sensor. If the connections look go then you may need to replace the MAP sensor. The VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) is located on the trans housing above the right output shaft, so if it needs to be replaced it is easily accessable through the right wheel well as opposed to the input speed sensor which is inside the trans side cover. Check the VSS connections as well for tight and clean.

mcowden
05-25-05, 11:04 AM
Yup, I'm with Ranger. I would do exactly what he said. Getting the solenoids replaced might cost a few buxx. Put a few dollars into 'er and you'll hopefully have a nice ride there. If it just dies suddenly, that could be a crank position sensor, but there's no code for it so far.

1smooth~caddy
05-26-05, 12:45 AM
WOW! you guys are good...Mcowden & Ranger, thank you very much. You guys ain't no joke! Oh, Mcowden if you get this my caddy is a 4.9L, if you were still wondering...one more question! about roughly how much would it cost me to get the solenoids A & B replaced? and would it be a better move to have cadillac motors(scott motors) repair it or if not, i was going to have one of my friends who works at Midas do it? Thanks

mcowden
05-26-05, 11:11 AM
A 4.9 isn't a Northstar, so it really doesn't belong in this forum, but the transmissions are similar. The solenoids are going to cost probably $300-$400 at least, but they've got to be done. No way around them once they're bad. The VSS and MAP will probably also require replacement, but again, I would do it the way Ranger said above. Hopefully you got a good price on the car. Stay the hell away from Midas for anything other than a professional wallet-draining. Find a reputable mechanic who is familiar with the 4T-series GM transmissions or late-model Cadillacs. The dealership is going to take you to the cleaners for that work. The VSS and MAP aren't that bad, but the solenoids are going to cost a bit more.