: Plugs keep fouling out???

farnation
05-24-05, 11:13 PM
I have a 1986 deville that keeps fouling out the plugs. I parked it one night everything was fine the next morning it was missing so bad I couldnt drive it to work. I replace the plugs, the plug wires,rotor,cap,and the coil. and got a great white spark but I ran the same way and fouled the new plugs out again. Does anyone know how to get the codes from the car? I am at witts end any help is greatly apresheated.

notyettoday
05-27-05, 01:21 AM
sonuds liek the problem i had, but that isnt carburated is it? i just propped open my secondary choke plates and boom problem solved... is it by chance not getting enough air somehow? possibly a very clogged air filter? or maybe a pcv valve thats allowing engine vacuum to suck oil into the intake? lot of possibilities

N0DIH
05-27-05, 01:59 PM
Bad float will do it every time. And closed choke during warm operation. Make sure it is fully open in no MORE than 2.5 minutes in this weather, in COLD, 3.5 minutes. Never more than that.

The floats will die eventually. Pull the top of the carb and check float level. Not much can make it rich enough to do that. I set mine to 442 Olds Specs, as it has a slightly faster transition time. I have done other mods to that made it a great Q-Jet.