: New V member on the way

dqw1
05-24-05, 08:13 PM
Hey V's, I'm about to join your frat next week. I have a 3.6l CTS now and should be in a 04 V by the end of the week or early next week. I look forward to getting involved with the forum and getting advice from the V vet's. I enjoyed the CTS but it's time to move to the big league. My V is used, 12k miles. Any advice for a newbie? I plan on staying stock until I get used to it.
Again, can't wait for the V and looking forward to getting sound advice and thanks in advance.

heavymetals
05-24-05, 09:42 PM
I think the forum should start a pool on guessing the date you start modifying it.

:lildevil:

Congrats!

Dreamin
05-24-05, 10:01 PM
... i thought you were having a baby... :histeric:

dqw1
05-25-05, 09:57 AM
my baby's name is CTS-V

Joey'sVee
05-25-05, 10:05 AM
I think the forum should start a pool on guessing the date you start modifying it.

:lildevil:

Congrats!

I say within 2 weeks you will have purchased something for the V. !CAGS, CAIK, Zaino Bros, V1, or something like that. That's my guess! :yup:

dqw1
05-25-05, 10:09 AM
yeah I know that possiblity is real no matter what I say. One question, how does the V sound without any mod's? I haven't had my test drive yet. Is the sound (exhaust) the first thing everyone looks at moding? I can't wait, my V will be black and then I'm going BMW hunting.

Joey'sVee
05-25-05, 10:15 AM
1st thing is !CAGS. Your car will force you to go from 1st to 4th while cruising around town. Get the !CAGS eliminator from StealthV IMMEDIATELY and it will fix this issue!
http://www.stealthv.com/cagselim.htm

Joey'sVee
05-25-05, 10:16 AM
oh and remember the search function will be your best friend. Look up LPE CAIK (cold air intake kit) and the different opinions on the exhaust (B&B and Corsa)

heavymetals
05-25-05, 10:36 AM
OK.
Joey's Vee <2 weeks
Heavymetals<1 month (shopping already though I bet).

Joey'sVee
05-25-05, 02:22 PM
I did all this...

Chromed Plated Factory Wheels|Corsa Exhaust|20% Tint|LPE CAIK|Ultimate Racing Pedals|Hard Wired Valentine 1|10" Kicker CompVR-Kenwood Amp|Custom Mats|!CAGS Eliminator|GMPD & Mobile 1 Emblems|Fuel Bib

in 1 month and that includes installation!

trekster
05-25-05, 02:30 PM
I'll give you about a week until you'll start ordering parts for your V.

dqw1
05-25-05, 02:51 PM
Well, you guys win. The first mod is the !CAGS. My V's not even delivered yet and here I go already. Really, I had no ideal about 1st to 4th and I would've been pissed. Guess I need to order today. Thanks

hmmm, maybe the Bose is second:shhh: $50,000 car has to sound good, inside and out.
DQW1

Joey'sVee
05-25-05, 03:16 PM
a good sound system can be ordered from...

http://www.corsaperf.com/cts-v.htm

heavymetals
05-25-05, 05:44 PM
Another one hooked.

This car is a worse addiction then model airplanes.:bonkers:

beve
05-25-05, 06:14 PM
In response to the exhaust question, I think the stock exhaust sounds pretty good (for stock, of course). I like letting the RPMs drop low when I'm pulling in my garage (lets the neighbors know I'm home):D

dqw1
05-25-05, 07:38 PM
While I was reading this thread, the dealership called and said my V will be ready Friday.:yup: The bad thing is the NAV disk is missing but they'll give a loaner until the other get's here. I think this calls for a Chivas on the rocks. I'll let you know my first impressions after this weekend. I-65 is my first proving grounds. Next step is a driving class so I can race it the right way, stay tuned:lildevil:

dqw1
05-30-05, 07:05 PM
Just picked up my V today, black on black,wow! At the dealership there was quite a stir I'm told before I got there as customers seen it moving when the dealer filled up the tank. Can't believe all the whiplash cases as I drove it home. Took it for it's first drive from Huntsville to the state line and back down I-65 to Huntsville. Awsome awsome awsome. I'm so impressed I don't what to think except as you all know, there is no comparison between the V and the CTS I traded in. AWSOME:coolgleam Only bad thing is the cheap ass arm rest, feels loose.
More road test to follow.
DQW1

wildwhl
05-30-05, 07:27 PM
Another one hooked.

This car is a worse addiction then model airplanes.:bonkers:

Not true. 140 Amp molded lawn darts from Europe can be upwards of $5K fully outfitted, and I've had them last <5 seconds due to radio failure (i.e. - newbie hit).

At least in the V, you get to actually experience the mods first person. Those model airplanes are great...for kids :hide:

P.S. - my garage and shop are still littered with models, parts TX and RX cases, etc. :worship:

Dreamin
05-30-05, 07:31 PM
P.S. - my garage and shop are still littered with models, parts TX and RX cases, etc. :worship:

And that's the garage at home... dont ask him what he has lying around in his garage at work :lildevil:

benh
05-30-05, 09:58 PM
Well, you could also order Goodyear GS-D3s, if you are considering non-runcraps; Tirerack has a great price on them and there is an additional $60 rebate from Goodyear good for another week - I think . . . Actually, at 12K miles, do you still have the original runcraps?