: cooling fans

MightyBright1
05-23-05, 11:34 PM
I have this posted under the seville page but it is being buried already by other posts and it is important that I just put another enging in.

Put a used engine in and the fans are not turning on sometimes. I did notice they will run ok if I do not turn on the air. I did drive for awhile the other day and as soon as I turned on the air the car started to get hot. The only constant is the U1064 code "loss of communication with Dim" This is the only code I am getting since the engine replacement (well beside the Tcc stuck off)
PLEASE HELP.....Thanks.

Rob Benham
05-24-05, 04:41 AM
Something is wrong. Firstly should the car be running hot while rolling? Iím in 95f today and only need fans in slow traffic.

Fans as Iím sure you know, should run with the A/C on. Could there be some reversal of connection? What temps do you see? Is the A/C working ok? RB

MightyBright1
05-24-05, 07:21 AM
Everything works fine its just that the fans just will not work sometimes. I dont know what the temps are but the temp guage will stay in the middle until the fans stop and I dont let it get past the next hash mark.