05-22-05, 01:22 PM
Hello folks!

I just got me a car, a Cadillac Eldorado 1993 with a Delco Bose gold series
car radio installed.

My problem is that the CD doesn't work. The radio and the cassette deck
works fine but the stereo won't accept cd's. It just shows "Err" in the display
window.

Does anyone know how I can fix this (preferrably by myself) or better yet,
is there maybe a manual out there to download??

Please e-mail at rockrabbe@hotmail.com or answer to this thread.
Thank you very much!

Regards,
John

MWA
05-22-05, 08:22 PM
John,

I installed a Delco 12 disc changer in my 98 Eldo trunk and the system instantly recognized it. However, when I loaded the disc magazine, I put the CD's in label up. The Err message appeared each time I pressed a button to play them. Once I loaded them in the magazine label face down, they played perfectly. Don't know if you have a magazine or not, but that may help you if you have one. Also, once in awhile, I get a message stating check changer door. My golf clubs sometimes move the changer door slightly and I just open up the trunk and securely close the changer door to cure the problem. If you don't have a magazine in your Delco changer all of the about would probably not apply. If it is a single CD in dash player, have you tried a CD disc cleaner purchased at any store selling CD's? Periodic cleaning with a commercial ruby laser cleaning disc helps. Good luck!

D148L0
05-22-05, 11:39 PM
I can't help you do it yourself, but this guys specialize in bose systems repair:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/strcadillac.htm

Hope it's helpful.

rockrabbe
05-23-05, 04:06 AM
MWA - thanks for your reply. I do have a single CD in dash player so maybe the thing needs cleaning. I will purchase one of those cleaning kits.

D128L0 - thanks for your reply. I will check it out.

Regards,
John

MrSmith
05-23-05, 07:55 PM
That link helped alot. I have a 10 disk in the trunk though. It was in the car when I got it. I cant see how to get around it to install an amp.