: This Maybach Looks Like The Sixteen!

Ralph
05-21-05, 07:00 PM
http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3100.asp?id=12457

"Stuttgart/Berlin, May 11, 2005. The Maybach high-performance show car "Exelero" was unveiled to the world for the first time this afternoon in the Tempodrom in Berlin. The 700-hp two-seater with a V-12 biturbo engine is a unique custom model produced for Fulda Reifenwerke, which is using the Maybach Exelero as a reference vehicle for a newly developed generation of wide tyres."

Playdrv4me
05-21-05, 07:08 PM
Yup, I think Stoney or someone posted that a few days ago... I didnt like it, but I thought it could literally be like the next Batmobile or something.

I think the Sixteen is alot more classy.

*Sigh*... I guess im just not fond of anything Mercedes is producing right now. Seems like their best years are behind them right now. Things like the E55 AMG, the current and past SL's and old S Classes etc will be near and dear until they get their act back together. BMW was on my shit list for all the bangling there for a while, but their cars arent that bad really, and I plan to make a 5 or 7 series my next car and stick with it for a while. Theres just nothing else out there that really spurs my interest I can afford.

Ralph
05-21-05, 07:11 PM
Yup, I think Stoney or someone posted that a few days ago...

Oops. Didn't think anyone would have found that on an obscure British website or elsewhere, etc. My bad.

I agree about the Sixteen, and it gets more power.

Playdrv4me
05-21-05, 07:12 PM
Oops. Didn't think anyone would have found that on an obscure British website or elsewhere, etc. My bad.

I agree about the Sixteen, and it gets more power.

Oh, no... there was like an 8 page spread about it on AutoWeek.

Ralph
05-21-05, 09:14 PM
*Sigh*... I guess im just not fond of anything Mercedes is producing right now. Seems like their best years are behind them right now. Things like the E55 AMG, the current and past SL's and old S Classes etc will be near and dear until they get their act back together. BMW was on my shit list for all the bangling there for a while, but their cars arent that bad really, and I plan to make a 5 or 7 series my next car and stick with it for a while. Theres just nothing else out there that really spurs my interest I can afford.

Benz WILL get their act back together, just like Cadillac did after the "Dark Ages" of the 1980's. They have to sort out their electronics, but I cannot understand why or how a car manufacturer could put that much sophistication into a vehicle without proving its reliability, etc.

I think BMW held their own regarding quality and if I had to choose between a MB or BMW right now, I'd choose BMW like you. I checked out the new 3 series yesterday and they look ok, kind of like a mini-5 or 7 series.

Remember this??

Mercedes-Benz Recalls 1.3 Million Cars

"The largest single recall in its history will be launched soon by Mercedes-Benz, just as the company is trying to right quality problems that have dragged down its performance. DaimlerChrysler says it will recall about 1.3 million vehicles because of problems with voltage regulators, battery-control software, and braking systems. The recall includes Benz vehicles outfitted with gas V-6 and V-8 engines, manufactured between June 2001 and November 2004, according to wire reports, as well as some E-Class and CLS-Class cars built between January 2002 and January of this year, and E-Class, CLS-Class, and SL-Class cars built from June 2001 through January 2005. Several hundred thousand vehicles sold in the U.S. are included in the recall; a spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal that no accidents, nor any injuries, had resulted from the problems." -Car Connection

Playdrv4me
05-21-05, 09:27 PM
Benz WILL get their act back together, just like Cadillac did after the "Dark Ages" of the 1980's. They have to sort out their electronics, but I cannot understand why or how a car manufacturer could put that much sophistication into a vehicle without proving its reliability, etc.

I think BMW held their own regarding quality and if I had to choose between a MB or BMW right now, I'd choose BMW like you. I checked out the new 3 series yesterday and they look ok, kind of like a mini-5 or 7 series.

Remember this??

Mercedes-Benz Recalls 1.3 Million Cars

"The largest single recall in its history will be launched soon by Mercedes-Benz, just as the company is trying to right quality problems that have dragged down its performance. DaimlerChrysler says it will recall about 1.3 million vehicles because of problems with voltage regulators, battery-control software, and braking systems. The recall includes Benz vehicles outfitted with gas V-6 and V-8 engines, manufactured between June 2001 and November 2004, according to wire reports, as well as some E-Class and CLS-Class cars built between January 2002 and January of this year, and E-Class, CLS-Class, and SL-Class cars built from June 2001 through January 2005. Several hundred thousand vehicles sold in the U.S. are included in the recall; a spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal that no accidents, nor any injuries, had resulted from the problems." -Car Connection

Yep, thats exactly what Im talking about. Now I wont lie, if it comes to either NOT having the technology vs. having to deal with its shortcomings, Id rather deal with the problems, but I really like gadgets so thats just me.

That being said, I vehemently defend Mercedes, BMW and Cadillac all the time, they ARE what I consider "my" brands, but all three of them occasionally screw up to the point where it really leaves me scratching my head, Mercedes is kind of in that boat right now.

davesdeville
05-21-05, 10:07 PM
That is ugly compared to the Sixteen, underpowered compared to the Sixteen, and just a weenie compared to the Sixteen.

Jesda
05-21-05, 11:27 PM
It looks like a lump.

Ralph
05-21-05, 11:55 PM
It's pretty sleek, but kind of boring otherwise. The rims are terrible imo and the taillights are worse! The one ass end pic makes it look like a pick-up truck for some reason, maybe because of those strange taillights..

Ralph
05-21-05, 11:57 PM
Id rather deal with the problems, but I really like gadgets so thats just me.

I like some of the toys too but they would have to work reliably or I would get VERY upset. When I had trouble with the radio having a defective motherboard in this Caddy and having to go repeatedly to get it fixed properly it wasn't fun at all. I don't care to go through the "running around" again.

powerglide
05-22-05, 12:34 AM
I kinda like the exterior! It'd be nice on the road, its proportions and size alone would make it stand out!

Interior seems to be a little slapped together though......

I don't get it, this is supposed to be a car for tire development?

Ralph
05-22-05, 12:39 AM
I don't get it, this is supposed to be a car for tire development?

Good question. Maybe it required such wide tires that they had to make them special for this car, and since wider tires seem to be a trend now, they want to learn better technology on how they handle on this vehicle?? They don't mention the size do they??

D148L0
05-22-05, 02:02 AM
I like the design A LOT.