: 2001 DeVille Stereo replacement?

Southern DubVille
05-20-05, 10:27 PM
I just bought my 2001 DeVille DHS and I am wanting to install an aftermarket deck, I do have the Bose system and from what little I have found on the subject, it seems to be a pain in the rear, especially with some of the electrical components of the car. If anyone has experience with replacing the factory deck in this car please help me out and let me know what problems you ran into if any. Thanks

Dub

C_U_H8N
05-21-05, 12:14 PM
i have a 01 dts and and it's been a real pain in the ass trying to get an aftermarket stereo in there.. as of yet there aren't any mounting kits for it so lots of shops won't bother cause they'd have to fabricate a custom molding..also adding a aftermarket deck will stop your steering wheel controls from working and the adapter for that is like $60-$90 what i've decided to do is keep the factory head unit and just getting a line converter and adding a sub and mono amp..

i do have a question about the line converter though.. what do i need to look for with that.. cause i've looked around a little and the prices range on them in my city from $50-$150 and i've seen them on ebay for like 10 bucks so i don't know what's up.. anyone that's done this type of mod should let me know what kind u used
lastly.. how is the deville for vibrations is it problem? cause i got some big bass coming and i don't want it to sound like shit..

Southern DubVille
05-21-05, 10:54 PM
Actually I had a line converter on my '98 Isuzu Rodeo and all you really need to do is find the speaker wires in the harness that connect to the factory deck and then splice the corresponding wires from the line converter to them and then just hook up your rca's to the ones on the line converter. And I just picked it up at Best Buy or Circuit City if my memory serves right. Hope this helps. Let me know when you get everything set up. I was thinking about doing this also but the deck I have has MP3 capability and obviously the bose system doesnt. Anyway good luck and keep me posted.

Dub

Southern DubVille
05-22-05, 01:12 PM
Also I was reading another thread about the subwoofer that comes with the bose system, does anybody know exactly what size sub comes with the '01 DeVille? If I decide not to put in my Clarion MP3 player I at least want to up the bass, the only thing that would suck is that I have a 2K + stereo system and no where to put it!! Grrr. But my Caddy would sound so nice with this system in it. Plus I took it out of my '95 Caprice just for the 'lac!:banghead: What a waste!!!!!!

Clarion 835mp
Directed 1100d and 200 amps
CDT component set 6.5 woofers and tweets
2 Image Dynamics IDQ 12's (ahh the poundage):shhh:

Dubsky

C_U_H8N
05-22-05, 02:15 PM
i saw a sub from the bose system for sale on ebay.. it said it was 9inch sub.. i think it's probably 8.. anyone got a loud system in there lac? how are the vibrations in there? cause if i gotta dynamat everything i want to know..
lastly.. what did the idq's run you? cause i was about to pick up i juggernaut j15 but i'm starting to think that might be a little overboard cause thats a straight competion sub.. basically what i'm looking for is big bass but i still want sound quality..

Southern DubVille
05-22-05, 05:46 PM
I picked up my IDQ's for about 165 a piece on Cardomain but now they're like 200 bucks each, Im not sure if they were on sale or what but here is the link to them http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSIDQ12D4V2, they're very good subs for the money I paid for them. They really pound. I use to have 2 JL 15W6's but sold them and was not in car audio for quite some time and then I went with the IDQ's and am very pleased. Another subwoofer that is very reliable yet great sounding is the Adire Shiva, they are about 179 each, I've owned an Adire Tempest (which is a 15" sub) and I built a 4 cubic foot box for it and it really wrecked camp. But sounds to me you arent wanting to go that far. Anyway here is the link to the adire site http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/ShivaSeries.htm, If you are going to go with only a single 12 the trunk rattling shouldnt be much of a problem, but it also depends on how much power you plan on feeding it. Just from what I know Cadillac trunks are generally pretty sturdy but if you go with a couple of 12's or 15's for that matter you might consider dynamat or equal substitute.

Dubber

Southern DubVille
05-23-05, 07:31 PM
the links above were messed up somehow a comma was attached to the end of the address anyhow here are the real addresses.

sorry Dub

http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSIDQ12D4V2
:drinker :drinker

http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/ShivaSeries.htm

bundy
05-31-05, 07:12 PM
I just bought my 2001 DeVille DHS and I am wanting to install an aftermarket deck, I do have the Bose system and from what little I have found on the subject, it seems to be a pain in the rear, especially with some of the electrical components of the car. If anyone has experience with replacing the factory deck in this car please help me out and let me know what problems you ran into if any. Thanks

Dub

Try autotoys.com for the cadillac Type II dash kit

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/CADILLAC_MULTI_DASH_KIT_RADIO_FIT_KIT_TYPE_II_p_26 72.html

and GMOS-06 to retain OnStar and chimes

http://www.lafayetteradio.com/AXXESS_DIGITAL_INTERFACE.htm

I am going to use these on an '03 STS; I'll let you know how it goes

Southern DubVille
06-01-05, 09:41 PM
Thanks Bundy, I've definitely been waiting for those!!! Let me know how everything works out.

Dub:coolgleam

Southern DubVille
09-25-05, 06:43 PM
Well Bundy, I just ordered both of the aforementioned items, (GMOS-06 & Type II dash Kit) so I will let you know how it worked out for me. Any Luck with your installation?

Dub

Southern DubVille
09-30-05, 03:28 PM
Well the Type II dash kit fits like a glove, Im just waiting on the GM0S-06, Lafayette Radio said it should be here today. Im going to document the installation from start to finish as to help any of those who wish to upgrade to aftermarket audio. I will post it all at once.

Dub

treetop
10-01-05, 06:53 PM
I bought the GMOS-06 to change the head unit in my '01 DHS, to use the factory amp and speakers for now while I fabricate the rest of my system.

It works pretty well.
The volume controls on the steering wheel are still functional, I keep the volume at the head unit pretty high and I use the steering wheel as my primary volume control.
The select control on the steering wheel now controls the fader.
On-Star still works, and most of the chimes still work.

Downfalls:
Some of the chimes don't sound with this interface installed. The backup sensors don't notify me with chimes until the red light, where it used to start notifying me when the first light came on. Also engine diagnostic stuff doesn't trigger the chimes- I occasionally get "low oil pressure, stop engine", and it used to chime like crazy until I shut the motor off but now no chimes at all. It pretty much just does the door chimes.

Also when powering down the car, the R.A.P. system works but all audio drops out for about a second when the key is turned off. Not a huge issue but it annoys me just the same.

I used a double-din radio in the dash (Kenwood Excelon DDX-7015), so no available dash kit would work for me. I made some brackets to mount the radio, then 'glassed in the gap between the radio's trimring and the factory dash bezel. Then bondo'd, sanded smooth, primered and painted. The head unit looks almost factory, I'll try to attach a pic real quick from my phone..

Parrothead
10-03-05, 01:59 PM
Hey wait a minute.... I want to do the same with my 01 DTS! I have the Bose with navigation and was told by Delphi/Bose/Denso that you could not tap into the system at all. If you wanted to you had to remove all of the speakers because of the ohms of the bose system. Further they said the Bose system you would have to remove all of the speakers and replace them as wellbecause each speaker has its own amplifer.

Is that all true?

I left it alone and added the Sirius and iPod using FM modulation. as i understand it Bose just designs the system i.e. speakers and amplifiers. Delphi makes the head units. It wa a real pain to find out any information at all, kinda weird.:bonkers:

treetop
12-02-07, 12:53 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

My '01 DHS is gone, but I'm thinking about getting another one soon. What's the hot ticket for Bose amp integration these days?

CadillacSTS42005
12-02-07, 07:06 PM
GMOS-06
or
Pac 32