: very close to biting the bullet and going with the MAGGIE! few questions....

kimcheejeegae
05-20-05, 05:28 PM
I just read the post regarding the Low numbers from the maggie... but apparently the 2.8 pulley and a custom tune can put down some serious numbers. Who did the custom tune and with what application? Predator? Super chip?

Another question... for a mere $200... a 3/36,000 powertrain warranty can be had with the maggie? Does that cover the differential as well? How is magnacharger going to differentiate between problems caused by the supercharger and what nots? I mean.. c'mon now.. for only $200??

What kind of power can the stock block hold? What I'm worried about here is once I do this upgrade, I'm going to lose my factory warranty... so I need some type of assurance that my motor is going to hold. Or does that power train warranty include the block as well???

Any other tips, hints, advice would be helpful at this point. Because if not this route... I may just have to send my car off.

wildwhl
05-20-05, 05:50 PM
The Maggie install isn't a walk in the park, but it isn't terrible. If I could have found a mechanic I trusted I would have paid $1K or so for the install, I think it would be worth it.

To my knowledge the powertrain warranty has several restrictions, one of which is the rear diff, and I also think it has to be on a new car...contact MagnaCharger.

Z06 guys get 500 RWHP out of the stock block...and I personally think that is the safish limit. I will be adding the 2.8 pulley tomorrow...I'll post what a difference it makes at my altitude (4,500 ft). I don't think you need to be concerned about the stock block holding up with the unit and tune as supplied from MagnaCharger - they've done a great job.

Good luck. Any tips or hints? Well, just remember that this is an addiction, and you'll buy that 2.8 pulley sooner or later :D

Wild :burn: out