: VW up in smoke ;)

JSMeloche
05-20-05, 11:08 AM
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=SRgtiFIRE

Ricer problem? hehehe

Btw the fire was caused by oil on the downpipe, not the usual VW electrical problem

HotRodSaint
05-20-05, 12:19 PM
VW's up in smoke.

I had a '70 bus go up in flames once. :disappoin

Katshot
05-20-05, 02:38 PM
The thing I couldn't believe was that the guy was busy video taping the whole thing rather than putting out.

JSMeloche
05-20-05, 03:19 PM
Maybee he could have shut the door, restrict the fire from oxygen instead of sitting there and filming ;)

slk230mb
05-20-05, 03:29 PM
I love that Weezer song.

Elvis
05-20-05, 03:49 PM
He had a damn fire extinguisher, why didn't he use it?

Looks to me like the little brat just wanted a new car. That's a shame, it was a cute little car.

davesdeville
05-20-05, 07:47 PM
I almost had that happen to me when I checked my fuel pressure regulator an ounce or 2 of gas spilled on the exhaust manifold and started boiling. I was ready with my fire extinguisher though.

Boombotz
05-20-05, 09:51 PM
That happen to me in a 72' Nova. It is amazing how fast the whole car goes up in flames. you don't have alot of time to get out and can't think straight while it is happening to your car.

ben72227
05-21-05, 12:20 AM
Typical of a VW to have some strange engineering failure such as the car going up in flames:histeric:My grandma's GTI has had the window fall out onto the interstate and shatter into pieces (at 70 MPH) and other various quirky things like that.

It has a strong body though; i should know since i lived through a jeep grand cherokee ramming into the back of it at about 100 MPH and no brakes:cookoo:. The guy had insurance but fled the scene of the crime. Supposedly he was "checking his radio":sneaky: but i had a feeling that he might have been just a little intoxicated... Her car still creaks though from that wreck whenever she makes sharp turns in it.

terrible one
05-21-05, 10:34 AM
Why didn't he use that fire extinguisher at the SOURCE of the fire? I'll bet it would have saved his car. Weezer is among my favorite bands :)

Stoneage_Caddy
05-21-05, 03:26 PM
that is why i carry a fire bottle in my car ...tho its stock .....but ya never know

Spyder
05-21-05, 11:32 PM
Hehehe...that sucks, and yet is somehow amusing... :D A buddy of mine had a '72 Nova do the same as well...His tranny was overheating and smoking and I told him we needed to put a cooler in it, and that I had one I'd give him, to bring it over and we'd fix it...a couple of days later, he called me up in the morning and said he didn't need the cooler anymore. :)