: My B&B is to close to the carrier bearing

knockout_tx
05-18-05, 05:29 PM
:banghead: Does anyone else have this problem.......My tech had to take off the shield for it to have enough room not to rub. It says the X pipe is real close to the shaft.......who has one ......is yours real close.......and what did you do .....Already called B&B and basicly they were no help:want: .

DgtalPimp
05-18-05, 05:36 PM
:banghead: Does anyone else have this problem.......My tech had to take off the shield for it to have enough room not to rub. It says the X pipe is real close to the shaft.......who has one ......is yours real close.......and what did you do .....Already called B&B and basicly they were no help:want: .

I have the X pipe and I don't think it is to close. You can see my pictures at www.DgtalPimp.com

knockout_tx
05-18-05, 05:49 PM
Which picture are you talking about.

DgtalPimp
05-18-05, 05:58 PM
Which picture are you talking about.
I thought I had a picture under the X-Pipe install that showed the distance, but I don't see it there. I can asure you mine is not to close, also I have had my X-pipe on now for some time now with issues (and AZ is kinda hot).

StealthV
05-18-05, 06:09 PM
The x-pipe would be super close if the rubber hangers weren't used for the center x-pipe mounts. Are those mounts installed?

DgtalPimp
05-18-05, 06:15 PM
The x-pipe would be super close if the rubber hangers weren't used for the center x-pipe mounts. Are those mounts installed?

Very good point.

knockout_tx
05-18-05, 07:57 PM
rubber hangers are installed, has only about 1/16 of an inch between shield mount and x-pipe

DansCTSV
05-18-05, 08:14 PM
When I first installed the XPIPE it hit the shield also. I then replaces the front section of the XPIPE with the resonator less ones from the resonator exhaust. (I happened to have them both on hand, see my other posts) With those front sections it does not hit and there is a little more than an 1/8th of clearance. I think B&B needs to bend those front pipes slightly differently than they are doing now.

Pictures of the XPIPE and the front sections can be seen here.
http://home.comcast.net/~dansctsv/

CTSV05
05-19-05, 12:28 AM
Hmm, I did Danny's and no clearence issues, but he had a resonator, maybe thats the difference.

joshdctsv
05-19-05, 11:08 PM
my heat sheild rattles, probably because the x-pipe is right on it

slow35th
05-19-05, 11:24 PM
I have the B&B with a resonator. The only problem I had was that on a hard left turn the resonator would shift a little and rub on the passenger side. I adjusted things over as best I could and called Billy Boat. They are sending me some replacement bushings made out of polyurathane to stiffen things up a bit.

05-20-05, 12:10 AM
careful.....this is starting to sound like a Corsa commercial :lildevil:

Platinum05
05-20-05, 12:20 AM
Maybe its me, but I think that when you're paying upwards of $1000 for an exhaust, these kind of fitment issues should not arise. I have a B&B waiting to go on and now I'm a little nervous.

Laugh at "cheap" exhausts like flowmaster all you want, but I never had these problems with any of my Mustangs.

slow35th
05-20-05, 12:42 AM
Maybe its me, but I think that when you're paying upwards of $1000 for an exhaust, these kind of fitment issues should not arise. I have a B&B waiting to go on and now I'm a little nervous.

Laugh at "cheap" exhausts like flowmaster all you want, but I never had these problems with any of my Mustangs.

The B&B is beautifully made and fits very well. I would not trade it for two Corsa's.

CTS-VETTE 550HP
05-20-05, 01:13 AM
Howdy,
joshdctsv, slow35th and any one else in the area of Houston and Austin. i'm trying to gather an army of V's to go and meet with some more V's in Dallas sunday morning 5/22 at the TMS race track if interested email me at m_trevino93@hotmail.com or cell# (979) 575-6939

slow35th
05-20-05, 01:18 AM
I'l be out of town but post a new thread. Im sure youll get some takers.

Texan V
05-20-05, 04:35 AM
my heat sheild rattles, probably because the x-pipe is right on it

:yeah:

Mine gives off a buzz every once in a while. Crawled under the car and confirmed this by banging on the X pipe with my fist. Each tap rewarded me with a delightful resonance (not!). I considered removing it but thought better of it after realizing that it's removal would most likley result in a toasted bearing. I'm hoping that with the B&B headers it may drop the front of the X pipe down just enough to get it off the sheild.

StopLtRacr
05-20-05, 08:08 AM
When I first installed my exhaust with the X-pipe it sat right on the heat shield. I swapped the bushings (put the thicker bushings between the body of the car and the brace on the exhaust) and it gave me about 1/2" clearance. Mine never rattles and hasn't for 5k miles.

knockout_tx
05-20-05, 09:30 AM
Well I might have to do that, because mine was hitting this morning on the way to work........clunk clunk every time I went over a bump:bonkers: . Don't get me wrong the B&B looks great, but I think the X pipe needs to be bent so you have more clearence..........and yes we called........was kind of blown off:rolleyes2 . With a great product should come good customer service.

Texan V
05-20-05, 11:01 AM
When I first installed my exhaust with the X-pipe it sat right on the heat shield. I swapped the bushings (put the thicker bushings between the body of the car and the brace on the exhaust) and it gave me about 1/2" clearance. Mine never rattles and hasn't for 5k miles.

Is that what those alluminum bushings were for?

joshdctsv
05-20-05, 11:23 AM

sounds like i now have a weekend project. i too have alluminum bushings sitting on the shelves. were those supposed to go on somewhere? :eek:

knockout_tx
05-24-05, 05:23 PM
Well did anyone come up with the proper fix????????????:confused:

StealthV
05-24-05, 06:23 PM
sounds like i now have a weekend project. i too have alluminum bushings sitting on the shelves. were those supposed to go on somewhere? :eek:

If memory serves me correctly, the aluminum bushings are spacers for the BMR AWK to clear the larger 3" B&B exhaust pipes.

joshdctsv
05-24-05, 10:37 PM
If memory serves me correctly, the aluminum bushings are spacers for the BMR AWK to clear the larger 3" B&B exhaust pipes.

oh yeah.... youre right

BliTzer
05-25-05, 06:35 AM
HMMM,

Well i have B&B and for about 5 months now, no problems.. Very happy..
Now at LUND performance, they mad some kind of a bracket under, over, and it looks like, well sandwiched sorta.. So far no problems..

Tell ya what i do, give me like 2-3 days and i will call LUND performance and ask them exactly how and what the used.. maybe they have some paperwork around like a protocol sheet to follow, and i will go underneath and take closeups of what they did to mine..
Now is there any other special shots you might need, and if so tell me exactly where ok...

email me at blitzer_3geb@cox.net Then i will post later of outcome.. deal?

laterz.. BliTzer.. ;)

knockout_tx
05-25-05, 09:26 AM
My Tuner bent the tabs back to allow 1/2" of clearence.........I am hoping that is enough. I thought by now B&B would have made a comment about this by now....:banghead:

StealthV
05-25-05, 11:30 AM
With no spacers at all, the x-pipe on my car clears everything. Add to that the rubber stud-spacer-isolators that B&B includes and there's lots of room. :hmm:

knockout_tx
05-25-05, 02:04 PM
Well I guess some were made correctly and some were not. I know they say they are made in a jig, but I looked at mine myself and I could not get my finger in there........and that is with the shield removed.

StealthV
05-25-05, 02:43 PM
It the B&B physically contacting the shaft? If not, there's nothing to worry about. The x-pipe is bolted solid at that point and the driveshaft doesn't move thus no need for a big clearance.