: Lower rear seat in '70 SDV

BluEyes
05-18-05, 02:04 AM
When I bought my car, someone had removed the bottom of the rear seat, and it was just sitting in place in the back.
I am trying vainly to get this thing installed properly. It's got those two little claw like things that I assume are supposed to hold the front of the seat down, and the rear gets wedged under the back of the seat.
At least, that's how it has worked on all the other cars I've worked on. For the life of me, I cannot get the seat support to go into those little hold-downs. It is about 1/2" from being able to get in. I have tried to muscle it in with no luck, andI'm sure that it's not supposed to be forced in.
Has anyone done this on their Deville? The seat is functional right now, but I'd really like to have everything right.

BOODER
06-06-05, 12:07 AM
Yes, And Thanks For Bringing It Up. I Can't Budge The Rear Lower Seat Out Of My 72 Deville... Unable To See Anything Under There Either. Hopefully We Can Involve Someone Who Knows What Isgoing On. Don

BluEyes
06-08-05, 02:22 AM
Well, I spoke with some people on a Yahoo group. The general feeling is that years of people in the rear seats has warped the frame somewhat, that they were tight-fitting from the factory, so just put some muscle behind it.
I haven't gotten mine back in yet, haven't really worked on it. The seat sits in there and people can ride on it just fine, so it isn't top on my list at this time.

I can tell you that to get it out, you will need to push the lower front part of the seat frame that goes into the clips backwards nearly an inch (!) Try having someone pull upwards on the rear part of the seat bottom to give it room to move back.

BOODER
06-30-05, 07:08 AM
Ditto On A 72 Cpe. Any Chance Of Using Leverage ????? Don

BluEyes
06-30-05, 02:41 PM
Dunno where you'd lever against. Not much room under there.
Mine is still sitting loose. No-one riding in the car has ever noticed anyways! I do intend to fix it, just have other things going on now that are more pressing.