: North star motor swap

epanightmare
10-24-03, 07:44 PM
:burn:Here's my problem I'm currently swapping a northstar V8 into a 90 Chevy Beretta. I've already modified the front end of the car to accept the motor by moving the front frame rails over 1.75 inch on both sides to make the engine bay wider, notching the strut towers, welding in a strut tower brace that extends to both strut towers and the fire wall, moving the radiator, welding in a forward brace to bolt the stock torque strut motor mounts to, reinforcing the front end and making provisions to bolt up the engine cradle from a Cadillac Seville. I'm still working lower control arm and axels but I'll get to that later. I'm using engine, complete engine wiring harness, PCM, alternator, power steering pump ac compressor, all the sensors, and the engine cradle from a 94 Cadillac Seville SLS vin#Y. My question is what to do with some of the wiring. I'm trying to spice the caddy harness into the beretta chassie harness. The to main connectors that run from the engine harness to the chassie are connectors numbers C101 and C203.I have chassie end of these connectors as well. I've know what to do with most of the wiring but some of it i'm still confusued about. Qustion one is will this pcm set a code if it can't send an output signal to the RSS module through pin 3F11 on connector 3E/3F(blue PCM connector). There is also a vehicle speed out put to the rss module through pin 1B12 on connector 1A/1B (red PCM connctor).can this be disconnected? Question two, there is also a U.A.R.T data line that runs from pin 2C12 and 2C13 on connector 2C/2D (white PCM connector) to pin Y on C203,circuit 800. Is this only for pulling code using the onboard diognostics through the climate controls or dose it have another purpose, will it set a code if I don't connect it Question three. .dose Gm offer any calibrations that might work for this setup. I have a vetronics 5100 mastertech scaner with a a GM SPS programing card so flashing the PCM is not a problem. I want to use a 5speed out of a 3.1 V6 cavilier. It will bolt up to the northstar with a some modification to the upper bellhousing to clear the starter because both use the 60 degree gm bellhousing patturn. I sent an e-mail to the guys at Cadillac Hotrod Fabricators ( www.chrfab.com (http://www.chrfab.com) ) and they told me that they have a flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch that will work with this setup.
Also dose anyone make an aftermarket computer that might work for this setup.

thanks in advance for any help
I hope to have pictures up soon
:burn:

zonie77
10-24-03, 11:36 PM
I am impressed!!!!

Sorry I can't help you with the wiring, you really need the factory manual.

What is the difference in track between the Beretta and the Caddy?

foo
10-25-03, 03:10 AM
OmG!! hehe.. i can't believe u are putting it in that car.. isn't it like 1000 lbs lighter than the SLS :) It will FLlllllllyyyyyyy
I could help if i was there but something like this I can't even begin to picture it over the internet :)

customGTP
10-29-03, 03:52 PM
I love to see your ambition!! I know we will become good friends and swap a lot of info as soon as you hear my project outline! lol

A rear wheeled POSI 10 bolt 8.5 in. Buick GN turbo, powered by a 93-96 Northstar in my already custom 5 speed 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix (they didnt make my 94 in a 5 speed)

My grandpa has worked for a local Caddy dealer for close to 50 years, so I grew up with Caddy's. He's owned 34 cadillacs so far in his lifetime (and counting)

The reason I chose this motor for my swap is, because it is a smooth sophisticated low hoodlined motor. I chose the Grand National rear end because of the torque it can withhold. The front suspension I was thinking of using was a 93-01 Firebird, so that I get my RWD configuration. The suspension travel is 2" less than my GP so my car will be 2" lowered in front with a stock F-body front end.

http://www.chrfab.com/Transmissions.htm said that a stick shift Camaro/Firebird bellhousing will bolt right up.

I am still debating on a transmission but leaning toward a Tremec 3550, Tremec 3650 or 6-speed T-56.

Does anyone have any links to mustle car transmissions specifications?

Thank you for reading and/or responding everyone,
Travis U.
Milwaukee, WI

customGTP
10-29-03, 04:30 PM
now for your help request......

GM does not have anything for this. The performance guys barely have anything for this unless you go with the Comander 950 stand alone computer system ($1300 from chrfab.com). There is a guy that I know of in MI I believe, that does do N* PCM reprogramming for 93-96 computers. He only has a 275HP (Vin Y) configurations set right now. He cant get the 300HP correct yet (as of 3 months ago so you never know). One more thing to add about the computer this guy reprograms is that it is ENGINE MANAGEMENT ONLY, meaning no ABS, no PassKey or PassKey II, no nothing, engine only.

On to the transmission. Your tranny will bolt up to that bolt pattern. BUT your Getrag HM-282 is only rated for a 200something Torque. I have a HM-284 (stock in 91-93 3.4L DOHC Grand Prix's) in my 1994 Grand Prix GTP :) :) :) www.cardomain.com/id/soccrplayrgtp if are interested in takin a look. I am currently beating the shit out of my Getrag 284/ 3.4L DOHC 210HP and the tranny is not doing so well. They MAY be rated up to 400lbs TQ but there is no documentation I've found yet. Just hear say. So until then I'm sticking with 280lbs/tq which I can tell :)

Travis

customGTP
11-07-03, 06:04 PM
hello?

speedyguy
11-08-03, 01:53 PM
hello?

The 4t60-e/ 4t65-e can handle the N* quite well and the obd1 computer can also be done quite easily. The obd2 caddy computer can be reprogrammed and the Aurora obd2 is also coming along. Yes including VATs and all.

I hear the 4t80-e takes on the N* like it was meant to fit. I guess there was no room? lol

The 4t60-e can take on 400lbs of torque and 600hp is not an issue with a properly built bulletproof unit.

You can also get a limited slip for all of the above.

For motor mounts try adding limiters that kick in at 3/4 load on the mounts.

Ty

customGTP
11-08-03, 06:26 PM
hey Ty did you get my phone message? lol

How much is it for you guys to reprogram a OBDI PCM??
VATS PASSKEY AND ALL? not only engine management? Tell me more Ty!!!

speedyguy
11-08-03, 07:47 PM
hey Ty did you get my phone message? lol

How much is it for you guys to reprogram a OBDI PCM??
VATS PASSKEY AND ALL? not only engine management? Tell me more Ty!!!

No did not get the phone message. When did you send it? My secretary is slow... lol

Now as for the rest I will take care of it privately and post other info properly I donít want to pollute the forum.

Ty

epanightmare
11-08-03, 11:27 PM
now for your help request......

GM does not have anything for this. The performance guys barely have anything for this unless you go with the Comander 950 stand alone computer system ($1300 from chrfab.com). There is a guy that I know of in MI I believe, that does do N* PCM reprogramming for 93-96 computers. He only has a 275HP (Vin Y) configurations set right now. He cant get the 300HP correct yet (as of 3 months ago so you never know). One more thing to add about the computer this guy reprograms is that it is ENGINE MANAGEMENT ONLY, meaning no ABS, no PassKey or PassKey II, no nothing, engine only.

On to the transmission. Your tranny will bolt up to that bolt pattern. BUT your Getrag HM-282 is only rated for a 200something Torque. I have a HM-284 (stock in 91-93 3.4L DOHC Grand Prix's) in my 1994 Grand Prix GTP :) :) :) http://www.cardomain.com/id/soccrplayrgtp if are interested in takin a look. I am currently beating the shit out of my Getrag 284/ 3.4L DOHC 210HP and the tranny is not doing so well. They MAY be rated up to 400lbs TQ but there is no documentation I've found yet. Just hear say. So until then I'm sticking with 280lbs/tq which I can tell :)

Travis

thanks for the info i would have replied sooner but my computer decided it didn't want to work for the past week..:banghead2

i checked out your site and i like your work it gave me a lot of ideas and insite on some potental problems i might have with my project

epanightmare
11-08-03, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=customGTP]I love to see your ambition!! I know we will become good friends and swap a lot of info as soon as you hear my project outline! lol

A rear wheeled POSI 10 bolt 8.5 in. Buick GN turbo, powered by a 93-96 Northstar in my already custom 5 speed 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix (they didnt make my 94 in a 5 speed)

My grandpa has worked for a local Caddy dealer for close to 50 years, so I grew up with Caddy's. He's owned 34 cadillacs so far in his lifetime (and counting)

The reason I chose this motor for my swap is, because it is a smooth sophisticated low hoodlined motor. I chose the Grand National rear end because of the torque it can withhold. The front suspension I was thinking of using was a 93-01 Firebird, so that I get my RWD configuration. The suspension travel is 2" less than my GP so my car will be 2" lowered in front with a stock F-body front end.

http://www.chrfab.com/Transmissions.htm said that a stick shift Camaro/Firebird bellhousing will bolt right up.

sounds like a cool project .I like to see some pictures of it when you get the car together good luck:)

DeLorean_Northstar
11-27-03, 02:12 AM
hi
I am currently In the process of dropping a 2001 Vin 9 Northstar into my '81 DeLorean. I too was puzzled by the wiring, but I found a guy in CA who will take the entire wiring harness and convert it to a 4 wire setup, meaning all you have to do is power 4 wires and your good to go. I cant say for sure if he does quality work or not, cause im still waiting on my harness to get back. if you want though, check out http://www.dynatechmotorsports.com . once I get my harness back I will let you know what I think.
Good Luck with the conversion
Tony

ambrynmc
11-28-03, 02:41 AM
Interested in any help with a Northstar transplant, especially in the wiring and computer area. Does "Speedy" have the ability to reprogram the ECU? Also interested in the 4-wire harness, sounds nice and easy! Thanks

customGTP
12-01-03, 04:12 PM
where are you located?? I can help with whatever I can

ambrynmc
12-01-03, 05:45 PM
where are you located?? I can help with whatever I can
I'm located in Monterey, CA area and I really need help with the chip part. I called Fastchip and they don't handle the Northstar anymore. I want to be able to have the engine standalone on the chip since I will not be using an automatic. Also, I called Dynatech about the wiring harness and it takes about 3 weeks and +/-$200 to modify your engine wiring harness. And I called McLeod's and they are getting ready to do a manufacturing run on a dual disc clutch and flywheel. If they get more orders for them, the price is supposed to be close to $650 (flywheel and all clutch parts). This will help with handling torque since the diameter is soo small (9 11/16"). McLeod is also making a modular bellhousing that can convert to all sorts of transmissions. Let me know about the chip! Thanks

speedyguy
12-01-03, 08:51 PM
Interested in any help with a Northstar transplant, especially in the wiring and computer area. Does "Speedy" have the ability to reprogram the ECU? Also interested in the 4-wire harness, sounds nice and easy! Thanks

Yes OBD1 is mastered for the caddy.

We continue to offer only certain years for the obd2 caddy and "had" a finish date of November the 30th for the Aurora obd2 reprogram but hardware shipping slowed it down a bit. A new date is coming.

Actually the obd2 reprogramming extraction and reprogram is fairly easy.. lol its getting it back on the computer and working that can be problematic.

We can also do custom computers so if you are interested in a swap and want the caddy computer to talk to a Fiero we can help.

Ty

Bill Strong
12-01-03, 11:47 PM
hi
I am currently In the process of dropping a 2001 Vin 9 Northstar into my '81 DeLorean. I too was puzzled by the wiring, but I found a guy in CA who will take the entire wiring harness and convert it to a 4 wire setup, meaning all you have to do is power 4 wires and your good to go. I cant say for sure if he does quality work or not, cause im still waiting on my harness to get back. if you want though, check out http://www.dynatechmotorsports.com . once I get my harness back I will let you know what I think.
Good Luck with the conversion
Tony

Do you have an update on this harness? I am new here and thank Google!!! for helping me find this place. I too am doing a Northstar swap. I am installing mine into the back of a 1987 Toyota MR2. The engine fits with some slight :) metal cutting. But I am really interested in the modified harness.
More info about my car is found here -
http://www.racingstrong.com/toystar/index.asp

Bill Strong
Owner
The Toyota MR2 Owners Club Message Board
Over 10,000 Registered Users!
http://www.mr2oc.com

epanightmare
12-02-03, 08:39 PM
Do you have an update on this harness? I am new here and thank Google!!! for helping me find this place. I too am doing a Northstar swap. I am installing mine into the back of a 1987 Toyota MR2. The engine fits with some slight :) metal cutting. But I am really interested in the modified harness.
More info about my car is found here -

Bill Strong
Owner
The Toyota MR2 Owners Club Message Board
Over 10,000 Registered Users!
http://www.mr2oc.com

Thanks for all the info on your site, the pdf's are really going help, the more info the better. I don,t think the wiring will be that bad, just getting the PCM to ignore the other control modules in the car that,s the problem I ran in to.:banana:

epanightmare
12-02-03, 08:44 PM
Yes OBD1 is mastered for the caddy.

We continue to offer only certain years for the obd2 caddy and "had" a finish date of November the 30th for the Aurora obd2 reprogram but hardware shipping slowed it down a bit. A new date is coming.

Actually the obd2 reprogramming extraction and reprogram is fairly easy.. lol its getting it back on the computer and working that can be problematic.

We can also do custom computers so if you are interested in a swap and want the caddy computer to talk to a Fiero we can help.

Ty
this is what I've been looking for, can you give me some pricing info and how to contact your company. Thanks in advance for any help EPAnightmare

ambrynmc
12-03-03, 04:28 PM
this is what I've been looking for, can you give me some pricing info and how to contact your company. Thanks in advance for any help EPAnightmare
Yeah, me too!! I need info on the chip programing and how to contact you. I have an ecu from a 94 Northstar with a 1993 engine. The engine is the 300 hp version and I'm pretty sure the ecu is too. I don't have the vin from the 93 car, however, I do have all the numbers on the engine. The only other option was going to be using a Holley Commander 950. My e-mail is ambrynmc@yahoo.com

MERCEDES N*S-class
12-03-03, 05:37 PM
Hi, everyone thanks god there is people like me on this planet I used to believe that I was alone on my idea, but I don't think so any more. Well since I have a 300sd Mercedes that I would like to keep (but it unfortunately has the worst engine probably ever produce, 300sd S-class diesel) and believe me this is not a joke this engine is as bad as you can think of it. But would like to keep this car and so I thought about putting a N* engine in it, but I'm still on the research part of the project that soon want to get over with so I can start with the real fun! :D

If you guys want a give me any clues on where to go or do next I will appreciate it a lot, and thanks!

BTW

I have a welding machine and I can take care of the engine mounts

Transmission 700-r4 from the first camaro generation (I think).

I know of the Chrfab company and they offer a plug and play computer kit using the 950 commander that for what I understood only controls the engine and that is cool, but, what about the gauges? And everything else? How is that going to work? :confused:

Thanks!

customGTP
12-03-03, 05:52 PM
www.domesticperformance.com guys...

MERCEDES N*S-class
12-04-03, 11:08 AM
www.domesticperformance.com guys...
customGTP :cool: thanks a lot they sure have good stuff cooking like the turbo kits :bouncy: and some other goodies, but has anyone try them yet; as far as engine managements or such?

ambrynmc
12-05-03, 06:44 PM
So there's the deal on the Holley Commander...CHRFab made an exclusive deal with Holley for a firmware updated Commander that will allow it to work with the stock coil pack ignition. The ONLY source for this Holley Commander is CHRFab. They recently raised their price to $1,495 for this setup. According to my source, there is another company called FAST that also makes a setup but it costs even more. So for us budget minded folk, that leaves us to the Dynatech engine harness and a re-programmed stock chip. I just hate to spend +/-$600(harness, chip, ecu) on a setup that I can't adjust myself. Oh well! I hope someone has a better idea....anyone, anyone....

MERCEDES N*S-class
12-09-03, 01:51 PM
ambrynmc
I just hate to spend +/-$600(harness, chip, ecu) on a setup that I can't adjust myself. Oh well! I hope someone has a better idea....anyone, anyone....

What do you mean at least it will run, right?

ambrynmc
12-09-03, 06:03 PM
You know, after talking to a couple of aftermarket guys, CHRFab and Mech-Tech. Neither one had much luck getting the engine to run well with the stock ECU. So that leads me to believe that the stock ecu with custom harness is not going to work very well. I'm hoping that someone with actual experience can help answer that question. Because for me, I have the engine, stock ecu, transmission i need, but I haven't started the actual transplant. If someone out there has actually transplanted the engine and gotten it to run with a stock ecu (chipped or not) and NOT had problems I would love to hear about it. So far I think everyone on this forum is in the same boat. We have all started the conversion to some degree but have not gotten to the point where we have started and run the engine yet. And that is the acid test--either it runs fine or it has all sorts of problems. I just don't know. By the way, Mech-Tech sells an ecu made by Haltech with a wiring harness for $1,595. I'm working on the flywheel/clutch/bellhousing area right now (just purchased the flywheel and clutch) and I'm researching the ecu/harness problem without buying anything yet.

MERCEDES N*S-class
12-10-03, 02:16 PM
OK, in the event that I chose to go with the Holley Commander...CHRFab ~ $1,499; or the Mech-Tech ecu made by Haltech with a wiring harness for $1,595. Would I be able to make the gauges work properly and the rest of the options? (Such as the {electric}) brake booster).

Bill Strong
12-20-03, 10:53 PM
Well I have the engine in and have been studing the electrical diagrams the past few weeks.
I have repeatedly called and emailed the guy that combines the harnesses. And have not heard anything back from him. Not someone that I really want to spend money with.

I do have a spare Electromotive TEC3 that I could pop in if the stock one does not work. But I am assuered by a friend who put a late model supercharged pontiac V6 into the back of a MK1 MR2 like I am doing that it will work. He will be helping me along. the kids are gone from college now (I work for UVA) so this week I am going to start digging in with force on this job.

ambrynmc
01-15-04, 11:52 PM
Anyone hear anything more on the custom standalone wiring harness?

speedyguy
01-26-04, 12:17 AM
Ok the obd1 chips have some of what is needed for people swapping the N* into other applications but I have talked with our programmer and for the people interested in the obd1 there is a full clean slate coming asap. I believe this is the quickest and easiest way to have complete computer control over the swapped Cadillac 4.6l or 4.0l.

I have talked with a wiring harness developer and it looks like there is an option in this area as well. Before I post any info or links for the wiring harness I will re confirm the builder is ready.

So as for the Obd2 there is a serious security program in place and as hard as it has been to get this far I will do what is required to continue to get this option to happen.

I will try and post a poll in our appropriate area.

Ty

Bill Strong
01-27-04, 12:18 AM
I am using the Electromotive TEC3 and the Automatic Transmission controller
http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/products/tcu.html

The whole system including the Trans Controller are programable via a laptop.

customGTP
01-27-04, 01:53 AM
Ty- what do you have for a manual setup? a RWD 5 or 6 speed will be used in my Prix!! What can you tell me?

speedyguy
01-27-04, 08:21 PM
I was looking into the powertrain units due to the reprogram we have for some vin code caddilacs are not changing any of the driveline. That unit will open up greater flexibility untill we have the full obd2 disembled.
Basicly once we have the vats worked out it will be done.

Ty

speedyguy
01-27-04, 08:23 PM
Ty- what do you have for a manual setup? a RWD 5 or 6 speed will be used in my Prix!! What can you tell me?

I will look into modifying your gp chip to take on a caddy engine. It already has the option of a getrag option which is stick. so I will ask my computer guy about it.

Ty

ronbo
06-08-04, 05:21 AM
Might be some useful swap info in this guy's project... talk about wild!

Dubya
06-08-04, 02:50 PM
hey speedguy, when are you going to make a chip so i can put a 275hpversion 4.6 into my 95 aurora? you got obdI figured out, i know it will physically fit, so whens the chip comming? you could make some money...sell that and a new spliced wiring harness.....im there!!!!

Bill Strong
06-09-04, 08:54 AM
Might be some useful swap info in this guy's project... talk about wild!

That would be me

32V_DOHC
06-09-04, 01:47 PM

The best thing to do here is to put the chip in mule configuration (dyno) and run it that way. The manual thing has been sucessfully done in some fieros with the OBD1 computer.

HTH

John

32V_DOHC
06-09-04, 01:50 PM
hey speedguy, when are you going to make a chip so i can put a 275hpversion 4.6 into my 95 aurora? you got obdI figured out, i know it will physically fit, so whens the chip comming? you could make some money...sell that and a new spliced wiring harness.....im there!!!!

Should not be that hard. Just splicing the engine info onto your existing chip and doing the obligatory shift point and traction control mods should make this go. I would not think this to be a problem.

John

32V_DOHC
06-09-04, 01:52 PM
Ok the obd1 chips have some of what is needed for people swapping the N* into other applications but I have talked with our programmer and for the people interested in the obd1 there is a full clean slate coming asap. I believe this is the quickest and easiest way to have complete computer control over the swapped Cadillac 4.6l or 4.0l.
Ty

Are you still going to use the ODB1 computer or are you starting with something else from another application like a 7730?

John

Bill Strong
07-06-04, 12:10 AM
about a day away from starting the Northstar for the first time with the Electromotive TEC3 and PCS TCU.
www.v8mr2.com

http://www.racingstrong.com/toystar/images/day71/images/P7050828.jpg

Bill Strong
08-11-04, 08:56 PM
The holley is not the only solution.

I use the Electromotive TEC3. There is also the Megasquirt and MegaJolt. Both the MS and MJ will run you about $300 total. Pretty damn good if you ask me. One of my members (www.mr2oc.com) is the inventer of the MegaJolt. It works really well for the ignition and the MegaSquirt is pretty top notch for a DIY system.

All fully programmable via a laptop

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
http://picasso.org/mjlj/index.jsp

customGTP
08-11-04, 09:47 PM
can i get a wiring harness too? is it a completely independant system?
let me know please

Bill Strong
08-12-04, 11:58 AM
you just build the harness. harnesses are really easy to build. You wont have 3gazillion wires like an OEM harness. The engine harness I have has something like 30 wires at the max.

Fiero STS
08-12-04, 05:02 PM
You can run the caddy obd1 ecm. There is a guy on the Pennocks Fiero Forum that has a chip that will run the engine only. I believe it was an assembly line test cell chip. Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread but if you want to try this chip I will find out his email adress for you. Irun a 97 N* in my Fiero with the obd1 ecm. I also have a chip that runs the car well with the auto.

customGTP
08-13-04, 01:54 AM
I have a T56 im mating to her. 98 motor to a manual... Will any of the aftermrket chips like you described run a 300HP motor? Thats been the problem for a while now....
please help

Fiero STS
08-13-04, 02:24 PM
One of the guys is running the assembly line chip on a 300hp engine with a manual trans. This guy is also using the chip, you may contact him and find out the particulars. thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net.

customGTP
08-15-04, 07:17 PM
Thanx fiero!

customGTP
08-15-04, 07:23 PM
here is the beginning of my webpage for it
www.cardomain.com/id/94customgtp

eldorado1
08-15-04, 10:38 PM
here is the beginning of my webpage for it
www.cardomain.com/id/94customgtp

Damn! That is by far the coolest project I have ever seen! Good luck to you! Looks like you have a whole team working on it :bouncy:

Hotrodelectric
08-15-04, 11:20 PM
That is sweet, customgtp. I am suitably impressed, keep loading pics. I want to see it as it progresses. :cool:

customGTP
08-20-04, 10:36 PM
lol nope no team just myself, and outsourcing a few things to move things along to meet my deadline. Mainly just two people building this car. Thanx for the compliments guys!!!

berettanow
03-07-05, 02:01 PM
ha can i get your e mail add so i can talk 2 u mine is weeerethe@yahoo.com
(weeerethe@yahoo.com):banghead:

berettanow
03-07-05, 02:03 PM
ha can i get your e mail add so i can talk 2 u mine is weeerethe@yahoo.com
(weeerethe@yahoo.com)

nota
03-31-05, 09:37 PM
well my N* fiero uses a holly comander 950 and a getrag 282
just don't do big burnouts or pop the clutch and it will live

but I am hearing about a do it yourself box
called MEGA SQUIRT that the volvo turbo guys are in love with
way cheaper the the holly at 2xx you build or 400 done
and laptop tuneable in fact you MUST TUNE IT
it is FI only you still need a spark controler but their semi cheap anyway

customGTP
04-22-05, 11:33 PM
any updates? mine i nearing completion here!! updates soon on mine as well as pics

wfoxx1
05-24-05, 06:49 PM
looks like your in for a bussy time thsi is just what im looking for if you could give me info on contacting your company that would be great
Paulie Corbisiero
nazt02yz125@yahoo.com

wfoxx1
05-24-05, 06:50 PM
looks like your in for a bussy time this is just what im looking for if you could give me info on contacting your company that would be great
Paulie Corbisiero
nazt02yz125@yahoo.com

wfoxx1
05-24-05, 06:52 PM
looks like your in for a bussy time this is just what im looking for if you could give me info on contacting your company that would be great
Paulie Corbisiero
nazt02yz125@yahoo.com

wfoxx1
05-24-05, 07:00 PM
Hey whats up im new to this forum, so i ll get to the point i need to know any info about the northstars engine managment system, im looking to swap one into my jeep , and any info about any one who will reprogram them or even anything to do with a stand alone system, i will be usuing a stick, oh yeah she has to pass somg i know its sound fun hu, well any info would be great thanls alot

Paulie
Corbisiero
nazt02yz125@yahoo.com

wawuzat
05-30-05, 09:05 PM
i need to know any info about the northstars engine managment system, im looking to swap one into my jeep , and any info about any one who will reprogram them or even anything to do with a stand alone system, i will be usuing a stick, oh yeah she has to pass somg i know its sound fun hu, well any info would be great thanls alot

Paulie

Paulie,
Go check out Pennock's Fiero Forum (they have a search engine there, too) for threads about how many of the Fiero N* swappers are using a Holley engine management system when the N* is installed with a non-N* transaxle.

customGTP
05-30-05, 09:47 PM
updated cardomain page gents... see my new thread for pics

randydupree
05-31-05, 10:29 PM
i have a northstar in a 57 fiat landspeed racer,i used the chrf intake and a 750 holley carb,the electromotive crank trigger deal and homemade headers,my engine is an aurora 4 litre.stock it ran 171.50 in a mile..made 345 hp on the dyno.