: Maggie on for two weeks an update

heavymetals
05-17-05, 03:30 PM
The blower has been on for two weeks and thought I would give an update.

Took the car to the dealer.
They wanted to see it done.

Head of the service dept says:" Let's go for a ride".
He wants to drive.
My only question is:" Are you insured?".
We (mechanic, manager and I ) take off.

About a half mile or so down the road the manager asks about the reprogram and if it affected the rev limiter.
I say I don't think so.:hmm:

He says:"Lets' find out".

Floors it.:lildevil:

Just under 7 grand it coughs, spits and misses.
I am thinking my car has just blown up!:helpless:
He says:"Guess it works!".:)

We get back to the dealership and he said it all.
"That is bitchin!"

TheHylandr
05-17-05, 03:32 PM
Awesome!!! What part of the country are you in?

heavymetals
05-17-05, 04:26 PM
Torrance, Calif.

TheHylandr
05-17-05, 04:40 PM
kewl...glad you have a good dealer! Car sounds awesome, congrats!

Texan V
05-17-05, 06:05 PM
I liked it up to the point where the guy had to test out your rev limiter (cough, spit, miss) WTF!:want:

Parker
05-17-05, 06:34 PM
Id feel the same way if he had to "test" out the rev limiter.

heavymetals
05-17-05, 06:38 PM
Well at least he was insured and he is the manager of the service dept.

I figure if anybody is gonna blow it up, better him then me!

Anyway, it didn't and I am one happy guy.;)

SoCalV
05-18-05, 10:03 PM
Who's the dealer Heavy Metal? I hope it's Penske.....

heavymetals
05-19-05, 09:56 AM
Penske it is.

JD is one piece of work.

What a character!

M5eatr
05-19-05, 10:30 AM
I have to ask, are your 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times that much better than stock? There is another guy on this board with FI and I remember him saying his times were close to the false GM advertised times, but not better....that with an extra 120 ponies.

knockout_tx
05-19-05, 11:25 AM
Texan V what part of Houston are you in.....I live in the Webster/ clearlake area.

StealthV
05-19-05, 12:18 PM
... times were close to the false GM advertised times, but not better....that with an extra 120 ponies.

4.762 Seconds close enough? :rolleyes2 http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706&highlight=4.762

In lower gears, lack of traction prevents huge improvements over stock. The Maggie cars really shine in 3rd gear roll ons - from 20 to 90 mph in 3rd gear a Maggie V is nearly 3 seconds quicker than stock.

Maggie Vs need steam roller rubber on back. The torque off idle is incredible - they are a hoot to drive! :thumbsup:

heavymetals
05-19-05, 12:22 PM
Haven't dynoed the car or taken it to the track.
I can tell you without hesitation that it is a heck of a lot faster then it was before, and it was pretty fast stock. Just pulls so much better and longer through the gears.
Don't even ask about mileage though.
I may buy a tire dealership/gas station.

urbanski
05-19-05, 12:52 PM
i cant wait for my 275 ass rubber to see if i can get better 0-60 numbers.
traction is OK doing third gear roll-ons.

M5eatr
05-19-05, 05:53 PM
4.762 Seconds close enough? :rolleyes2 http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706&highlight=4.762

:

Still over a tenth and a half over stock advertised numbers. That is with a blower, AWH kit, exhaust, and other mods. Don't get me wrong, I like the V but it is a total farse and blatant lying how this car is marketed. Am I the only one that gets this? Is everone else just blinded by the emotional attachments?

StealthV
05-19-05, 06:19 PM
To clarify, the 4.7 was not with a blower.

Before headers, Urby ran a low 5 second 0 to 60 time and could have picked up nearly a second easily by shifting fast.

Powershift it and you'll get damn close to the 4.6 times.

Log some data; that's all some of us have been doing for months. :)

CVP33
05-19-05, 06:24 PM
i cant wait for my 275 ass rubber to see if i can get better 0-60 numbers.
traction is OK doing third gear roll-ons.

Tell me you didn't just say ass rubber. :histeric:

urbanski
05-19-05, 06:27 PM
ass rubber and powershifting is the key to 4.5 LOL :p

wildwhl
05-19-05, 06:28 PM
Ass-rubber....:hmm:

Urby...you scare me :eek:

urbanski
05-19-05, 06:31 PM
Ass-rubber....:hmm:

Urby...you scare me :eek:
alls i can say is 1.94

san antonio air > reno air

;) :p :D

wildwhl
05-19-05, 06:36 PM
Urby, you're quoting how much slower you'll be to 60 once I get this all ironed out :sneaky:

Don't let my secret out yet (and yes, San Antonio air is fatter than Reno Air, maybe that's why you have ass-rubbers :D )

M5eatr
05-19-05, 08:09 PM
To clarify, the 4.7 was not with a blower.

Before headers, Urby ran a low 5 second 0 to 60 time and could have picked up nearly a second easily by shifting fast.

Powershift it and you'll get damn close to the 4.6 times.

Stealth, it was with a gtech machine and isn't accurate. Not one tester has gotten the 0-60 times even close. Most have been 5 or over. All stated the wheel hop being a major concern. Other performance cars have achieved advertised numbers and then some. Most manufacturers give milder numbers for this reason. GM chose to give an impossible number, and that is the truth.

wildwhl
05-19-05, 09:56 PM
M5eatr -

Who you callin' inaccurate :histeric:

I agree. I believe that GM hit the 4.6 - ONCE! They didn't/couldn't repeat it. There was a time when I felt it could be achieved repeatedly, but I no longer do, at least without damaging the car.

Instead of giving us a number that could be repeated (hell, had they said 4.9 or even 5.0 I'd have been just as interested in the V)...they went for the gusto and left the owners to skirmish over why.

Simply put, I cannot achieve a 4.6 0-60, in my car, at this time.

However, I would like to mention that the Gtech time in question is mine...and I have a few sub 5.0 second attempts - at 4,500 ft altitude if that makes a difference.

I've also seen Urby's logs and he shifts like my grandmother...I'm twice as fast (half as slow)...give me his car and I just might hit 4.6, repeatedly. My 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are consistently about .5 second, while Urby is saving his car (which is plenty fast) by granny shifting (as does StealthV) in the 1+ second range. With the Maggie I've tried and my best is now 5.1 - severe traction problems, mingled with thoughts of rear diff disaster limit me.

Wild :burn: out

Dennisscars
05-19-05, 10:07 PM
Numbers... numbers... I'm not an accountant, it goes like hell....

heavymetals
05-19-05, 10:53 PM
Ditto Dennis, although I would like to get it dynoed.
Know any good places in the south bay?

urbanski
05-20-05, 09:08 AM
I've also seen Urby's logs and he shifts like my grandmother...I'm twice as fast (half as slow)...give me his car and I just might hit 4.6, repeatedly. My 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are consistently about .5 second, while Urby is saving his car (which is plenty fast) by granny shifting (as does StealthV) in the 1+ second range. With the Maggie I've tried and my best is now 5.1 - severe traction problems, mingled with thoughts of rear diff disaster limit me.

Wild :burn: out
lol
:(

how do i shift faster? i have the damn UUC I should be able to pull better ones off.
With the tune, on powershifting, the thing revs SO FAST up to 7K its kinda scary now. My last log I hit 7023RPM :eek:

wildwhl
05-20-05, 09:53 AM
lol
:(

how do i shift faster? i have the damn UUC I should be able to pull better ones off.
With the tune, on powershifting, the thing revs SO FAST up to 7K its kinda scary now. My last log I hit 7023RPM :eek:

Urby -

Don't worry about your shift times. Save your car. Simple numbers aren't worth it, IMHO. I'm just giving you hell.

Besides, you have great times even with easy shifting on the car - I wouldn't change that.

Wild

M5eatr
05-20-05, 02:37 PM
Wild you are a good honest man. I don't think they ever got a 4.6 time.