: Saturn Aura... Nice!

Playdrv4me
05-17-05, 02:42 PM
Looks like they are carrying the body theme from the Sky over through the rest of the line slowly. This is much much nicer than that AGING L Series!

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/8840_image.jpg

From The Car Connection.

"Next up will be the Aura four-door, the replacement for the unloved L-Series. The Aura will come with a 250-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 - and though it will be shown as a concept car at the Detroit show next week, it's roughly 80 percent production-intended, according to USA Today. Those who have seen both products have raved about the quality and design of the vehicle's interiors. The last new Saturn of the trio will be an SUV larger than the current Vue crossover, due in late 2006. Stay tuned today for more on the Saturn products."

Anyone want to venture a guess where that 3.6L engine might come from :halo:

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 02:43 PM
but did you see what it gets for a engine (rumors) ?

a north american espilon finnaly got the engine ive been begging them to put in it ....the CTS 3.6

iametarq
05-17-05, 03:00 PM
that's pretty spiffy. i wish i could be in detroit so i could take a look at it.

Cold Canuck
05-17-05, 03:06 PM
This link would seem to confirm that the concept is not that far removed from the production vehicle. There is a mention of 18in wheels not the 19s on the concept.

http://www.gmcanada.com/ssi/static/english/vehicles/2005/saturn/aura/aura_overview.html

airbalancer
05-17-05, 03:14 PM
Probably will not come out until 2010 know GM

davesdeville
05-17-05, 04:13 PM
I'll pass. It looks like it's giving me the peoples eyebrow or something.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 04:27 PM
see also "bucktoothed cobalt"

seems the cobalt is showing up in some odd ways ....i woulda rather seen vette infulence but whatever ...

Playdrv4me
05-17-05, 04:41 PM
Oh come on guys, Im more critical than anyone but I think this is a straightforward effort on Saturn's part. Its definitely a whole hell of a lot more interesting than anything Buick or Chevrolet is cooking up right now thats for sure. Its also alot more appealing than the G6 too. I think its just fine for what it is.

powerglide
05-17-05, 04:48 PM
Saturn is finally coming around in terms of design......the sky is better looking than its twin soltice.....but they better get them on the streets ASAP as these styles get old pretty quickly.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 05:21 PM
dont get me wrong playdrive , i like this car alot ....so far i have it down as 85% right to be a sucessful car .....but i need to know what tranny ended up in it and what its price will be .....its very close to where GM needs to be

Jesda
05-17-05, 05:42 PM
The car looks like it has an excited expression on its face. It kind of works. :)

Ralph
05-17-05, 06:22 PM
Oh come on guys, Im more critical than anyone but I think this is a straightforward effort on Saturn's part. Its definitely a whole hell of a lot more interesting than anything Buick or Chevrolet is cooking up right now thats for sure. Its also alot more appealing than the G6 too. I think its just fine for what it is.

I tend to agree. Also there's something about the front end that reminds me a bit of the Malibu......what about it Stoney?? Maybe the headlights?

I'll reserve full judgement until I see one in person.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 11:03 PM
ralph you asked whty they should apply hybrid to ...your looking at it in this thread ...

SATURN shoul dbe GMs hybrid division , they should be the stop gap till gm can sucessfully roll out hydrogen like you and i talked about

danbuc
05-17-05, 11:23 PM
Looks to me like there's a little Mazda 3 in that front end... :hmm: